Server Clustering(?) in EU!? GOA please reply.

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Kallima

Post by Kallima »

I think its one merged NF zone, and other zones are either duplicated and people from both servers can move between them, or merged as one zone.

Presumably if we clustered with Excalibur that would mean the relics would have to be reset so each realm started out with their own.

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

Does anyone know if the underdog bonus will take affect in clustering? since as each realm will have a mega zerg!
gone...

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

pikeh wrote:getting a bit confused about all of this to be honest. Is clustering where you have TWO different zones (say NF in this case) or, that both servers have ONE merged NF zone? (i guess its only one merged zone)
Basically, there is a mechanism for porting from one server to the other. Say you are in TNN/pryd, you can port to TNN/excal. When in excal, your name will be xxxx of prydwen. Other than that, you can do everything that someone from excal could do there. You could go to TOA on excal and farm artis there. In addition, players from excal could port to pryd and go to pryd/TOA. You can also group with excal players. In effect, server clustering is server merging by another name.

The frontiers are an exception, there is only one set of NF zones for both servers.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Sardine wrote:Does anyone know if the underdog bonus will take affect in clustering? since as each realm will have a mega zerg!
I would assume they would look at the combined population for each realm in the cluster when working it out. I think excal/pryd is also underpopulated, so the combined realm would also be underpopulated.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Camlann

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

I happen to play both servers (excal and pry) on two different realms, tbh it's sad that pry is going to change so much and i for one do not think that it's a positive change. All i can say to you guys is ....welcome to the alb zerg :/

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Well, they are having a vote ... so vote against it then :p
Prydwen
Camlann

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Well tbh on the one hand i can pit my wits against my friends by playing another realm which i llike but overall it is a bad idea with alb so overpopulated on excal and to add even more of them to the factor really does blow, guess you can't have it all :s

Farils
Emerald Rider

Post by Farils »

Arcsalin wrote:I happen to play both servers (excal and pry) on two different realms, tbh it's sad that pry is going to change so much and i for one do not think that it's a positive change. All i can say to you guys is ....welcome to the alb zerg :/
seriously, albzerg is the easiest thing to deal with there is. They are not organized, and a good leader will make albs go cry
Farils Hora rr11l0 ml10 Bard
Traktorlesben rr6l2 ml10 Ns
Surprisingly rr5l7 ml4 Eld
Faril rr8l8 ml10 berserk
Walkure rr5l5 ml10 valk
Surprising Death rr6l1 ml10 sm
Stefaen Sado rr5l3 ml10 bd
Traktorlesba rr6l6 ml5 sham
Jegerinnen rr4l6 ml2 hunter
Flares 5l3 ml1 wl

All with perfected ToA temps!

+48 bainshee@camlann
+46 theurg@ avalon

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Farils i know you from mid excal, we both play the same realm, alb zerg can be quiet nasty on there as mids, especially seeing as mids will only generally follow ardamel and no one else which leaves it tricky for the mids trying to lead the rest of us that play there currently because no one listens to anyone else. Whether things will change with the albs combined with here (pry) and there (excal) remains to be seen, but from a hib point of view i can only see hibs in rvr getting even better than they are now - i just don't like that zerg as mid on excal at all, especially when getting an rvr group on mid is the main problem for most mids on excal as it is.

Farils
Emerald Rider

Post by Farils »

aye, i agree that zerg can be nasty sometimes, but think rvr from hibs point of view will grow. Probally more random grps as mid aswell, as most non toa'd dont get grp
Farils Hora rr11l0 ml10 Bard
Traktorlesben rr6l2 ml10 Ns
Surprisingly rr5l7 ml4 Eld
Faril rr8l8 ml10 berserk
Walkure rr5l5 ml10 valk
Surprising Death rr6l1 ml10 sm
Stefaen Sado rr5l3 ml10 bd
Traktorlesba rr6l6 ml5 sham
Jegerinnen rr4l6 ml2 hunter
Flares 5l3 ml1 wl

All with perfected ToA temps!

+48 bainshee@camlann