mmorpg chart

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ovi wrote:Instances is more a form of farming than questing.

As for Night Elf Druid starting location there are plenty of quests to level on, I have gone through that starting area a few times on various characters without the need to grind.

The thing about WoW quests that makes them better than farming the DAoC instance quests is that you can do 3 or 4 at a time in the same areas, instead of repeating one thing over and over again.
Well as mentioned earlier in the thread, WoW's quest engine, like just about any other in any MMOG is just a simple "Go here, kill this", "Go there, kill 20 of those", task dungeons just cut the crap of aimlessly walking round places you've been a billion times before to get to said target. DAoC's TD's just cut the bs and get to the (slightly) more interesting stuff, although DAoC does have a ton of normal quests too tbh if wandering round for ages like in WoW is your thing.

Have they added new quests since the first month or so of WoW's release in the starting area then btw? there certainly wasn't enough to go on at release, gave up on my druid about lvl20 or so and to get that far I had to do around 50% or so doing grind-like farming due to lack of quests or at least, lack of quests I could do at my level.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Xest wrote:
Have they added new quests since the first month or so of WoW's release in the starting area then btw? there certainly wasn't enough to go on at release, gave up on my druid about lvl20 or so and to get that far I had to do around 50% or so doing grind-like farming due to lack of quests or at least, lack of quests I could do at my level.
this was a weakness of WoW as far as I remember I am trying a new character now (although DaoC has had me hooked all week again) and I am wondering if the same thing is going to happen again.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Sharkith wrote:this was a weakness of WoW as far as I remember I am trying a new character now (although DaoC has had me hooked all week again) and I am wondering if the same thing is going to happen again.

Sharkith
Yeah tempted to try again myself if it's easier. The amount of running around places you'd already been for quests or to try and find quests was horrible.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

A lot of WoW is about the right character. I like the druid - the Warlock is really 'orrible dies so many times and the pet is hard to get right, you end up using fear all the time and crap like that.

I was also thinking of trying a Hunter because they looked good - but then I got worried about downtime. It is a nice game and well designed (graphically and interface wise)- the Tauren are my favourite race, I like the shaministic feel of them. I do think though that they should have varied classes and professions much more it all seems a bit too generic to me which is one reason why I am struggling to get into it.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

There certainly aren't many (if any) new quests in the starting areas since release. But from 10 - 20 there is way too many quests to complete for a single character. Maybe you needed to explore more? Remember there are 2 continents, by level 20 you should be using both continents to make the most of quests.

The hard part is changing continents of you haven't played the realm before, but it is worth the effort to find out. Druids have it slightly easier in this respect as they can insta port to either continent, unlike every other class which will always have to take the long way on one direction :)

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Sharkith wrote:A lot of WoW is about the right character. I like the druid - the Warlock is really 'orrible dies so many times and the pet is hard to get right, you end up using fear all the time and crap like that.

I was also thinking of trying a Hunter because they looked good - but then I got worried about downtime. It is a nice game and well designed (graphically and interface wise)- the Tauren are my favourite race, I like the shaministic feel of them. I do think though that they should have varied classes and professions much more it all seems a bit too generic to me which is one reason why I am struggling to get into it.

Sharkith
I prefer Horde, it's so much friendlier feel imo :)

Hunter is easy mode for levelling, and almost zero downtime. The only class that can level quicker is Mage, but that takes more effort and works in bursts so has lots of downtime. Druid is my favourite class by far (1x60, 1x34), feral for leveling rocks :D

Warlock I found quite a fun class to level, but just nuking all the time got boring quite quickly in the end-game instances.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

bah imo yall should join argent dawn allience ;p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

[quote="Banana"]bah imo yall should join argent dawn allience ]

Kul Tiras alliance or Stormreaver horde imo :)

(not that I am playing Wow atm :o )

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

woot server tho - I am kinda lost and alone ;p
Na Fianna Dragun

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

argent dawn , kul tiras and stormreaver are servers ;)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”