small request

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

No he's just saying that that sentence is idiotical unless Norcott has magically morphed into that sentence somehow.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Inquisitor Raal wrote:Understandable opinion :) But to add mine as things are not quite as black and white as this.

Scenario 1:

Hib fighting a a mid who i know to solo - hibs losing big style, but i leave them to it. Later on im fighting an alb/mid - that same mid i left alone earlier see's me and leaves me to it

Scenario 2:

Hib fighting a mid who i know to solo - hibs losing big style, so i jump in and add on the mid - hibs win - Later on im fighting an alb/mid - thats same mid i attacked whilst in a 1v1 fight earlier sees me and jumps in - i lose

Now :) assume im happy for scenario 2 to occur from a moral point of view - but the fact of this matter is that if you keep adhering to scenario 2 then you end up like players such as Jarvio - everyone adds on him on sight.
Going back to what was said earlier as quoted above - it is about having fun. To some players - myself included - getting ganked by every alb/mid and his dog in every 1v1 fight you have is not fun - its frustrating and demoralising to lose on such a frequent basis. Right or wrong is not an issue here - its opinion. I've worked hard to build a rep of a solo player, and justifiably so, i now get left alone if in a fight by an awful lot of players - at least untill the fights over at least :). This would not happen if i kept playing to the etiquette of scenario 2.

Admitidly im rr9 and can handle a 1v1 fight probably better than players of a lower rr. So i see where Sat is coming from regarding requesting adding :) But please understand the position it can put some of us in if we DO add. 4 years of solo play could be destroyed in 1 day of adding in rvr. From my point of view - this is not about morals, roleplay or anything else - its about enjoyment. I want ot preserve an envireonment where i can be left alone to fight 1v1. Ive never whined on fh about zergs, adds and what not. If it happens - and it does - then i get on with it :)

Alternative options is run mini grps of 3 or 4 - theres lots of alb/mid grps of those sizes and its easier and more balanced than trying to solo :)

kk am waffling now - just wanted to put my perspective on things! I respect everyones playstlye - but wont change my own unless things become unplayable for me.
you said it very nice. And i must say that i have respect for you playstyle. But as a rr2 there is no way i can kill someone on my own. And that is for all sorts of reasons. But around noon i like to run around a bit and see what i can find and i dont mind getting killed, but i do mind getting killed infront of a fg hibs that refuse to help. And this post wasnt about adding or no adding, i just wanted to let the ppl know that i dont mind if they add on my fights. Because i know very well its very confusing for ppl and they dont want to get the aggro if they decide to add and then get pm's with all sorts of abuse.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Xest wrote:No he's just saying that that sentence is idiotical unless Norcott has magically morphed into that sentence somehow.
ah so cos he doesnt agree on something its idiotical? right ... then that makes norc an idiot since he said it. Or care to explain?
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Satyn wrote:But as a rr2 there is no way i can kill someone on my own.
I play almost exclusively solo nowadays due to group quitting etc. yet all my newer chars have had no probs moving past RR2 solo and I really didn't magically jump from RR1 to RR5+ somehow :p
Satyn wrote:ah so cos he doesnt agree on something its idiotical? right ... then that makes norc an idiot since he said it. Or care to explain?
No, just because someone says a comment is idiotic doesn't automatically infer that the person behind the comment is an idiot. If for example I say 1 + 4 = 2797987 doesn't automatically mean I'm stupid even though I said something stupid.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

kivik
Emerald Rider

Post by kivik »

Satyn wrote:sigh ...
What sigh? Just tell me what you think instead.

Xest is more or less speaking for me... :o
<The Wild Hunt>

Kiwik Druid

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

<ankh> wrote:No its not, its fun to get better. You might think they are two very different things but I dont.

/Ankh
I think Kiviks making the point that getting realm points isnt necessarily linked with having fun, which I hope we can all agree on.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

naic
Emerald Rider

Post by naic »

kivik wrote:Btw hand me your subscription details if you can, so I can pay your subs. Or say: "Aslong as I pay my subs I play how I want. And if you pay my subs I'll play as you want, but I won't let you pay my subs anyways so this sentence is in fact totally idiotical."
Haha, me like. :D
?!

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

kivik wrote:

No I haven't but I believe it's piss easy
Erm not sure I can really respond to that. What you believe is up to you - be interesting to see how many rangers or shades actually do get groups when they want though.

kivik wrote:Well either you show respect to enemies by giving them a fair fight OR you want fellow hibernians to show respect to you by adding on you or grouping up with you. I believe you and satyn are of the second kind.
Not sure where the respect comes in as it does not seem 2-way to me. My experience as a soloer is simply that albs and mids never think twice about adding on 1 vs 1 fights. I have been added on by other soloers and ganked by fg's. I can never ever remember being left alone (although I do admit I may have missed a few on the edge of clip range etc).

Best I got was when a fg ran up and their casters staffed me (which must have looked very odd and I bet not many can say they have been staffed to death :p).

As I said before it seems to me the solo game is different to the fg game. Dunno why that should be the case, maybe there are too many soloers who simply want rps and not the challenge. Maybe the soloers think they need to get rps to be able to fight on an even footing. Maybe there is a different answer for everyone.

As for fair we are back to defining the term. Even numbers is not necessarily fair. I am sorry to say that a RR8 stealther with high MoS, Str, Con, IP etc is gonna beat a RR2 or 3 one unless there is a serious mismatch in skill.

So what are we down to... playstyles I guess.

I try for the best in both worlds. I try to see both points of view. I try and be fair to everyone (as much as I can be) which makes your second belief (about how Satyn and I want respect) an odd statement as you clearly do not know me at all.

All this proves is that life is DAoC aint straighforward.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Cromcruaich wrote:I think Kiviks making the point that getting realm points isnt necessarily linked with having fun, which I hope we can all agree on.
Ofcourse, but nobody would enjoy playing this game year after year without actually gaining anything from the RvR. The warfare isnt THAT fantastic after all.

/Ankh

Tasmin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tasmin »

Tasmin (a ranger) solo's quite a bit now, but if you see me fighting someone, please add. Ive been ganked by whole zergs when solo, so wont think bad of you... Ive never been in a fight where the enemy havent taken the opportunity to add against me, so wy should hibs loose out.

Cross realm agreements are against COC, so i wont help another realm by not adding unless by adding it will just increase the damage to our realm (i.e. its a fight we cant win even by adding). Its a war, every hib death makes the enemy stronger. If you want 1on1 go somewhere where there is little likelihood of meeting hibs or go play quake 1on1 or something. Sorry but I wont say where I sometimes hunt ;) but when I seek out these places, theres hardly ever been a hib around to have to worry about adding.

Tas

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”