Catacombs release

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

just a query ..

umm...when you go to the euro home site to buy catacombs the european is a http://www.CDON.COM

isnt this just a music site? or have i missed something..
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Ovi wrote:Still no excuse to agreeing to an Under the table deal, that is always likely to end in trouble, especially when it goes against the advice you have been given.

Also Goa pay your distributors to distribute, that's what they do, and I assume are usually good at, ignoring their advice isn't too sensible either. I wonder if they are sat there saying "We told you so..."? I would be :)

Finally misleading us as to the "official release date", which is clearly 1st April NOT 25th March as you have been telling us! Guess no one wanted to admit that the UK customers wouldn't be able to play when the rest of europe could!
As it happens the issue we ran into was nothing to do with the busy release schedules. It was due to an agreement between two differnt companies that had the effect of upsetting our release schedule. It was purely coincidental that this affected our release on this weekend.

As recently as Wednesday morning we were confident that our partners would be selling Catacombs as soon as they recieved stock. This has always been the situation in the past, particularly with retailers like Play.com who are known for beating release dates in order to maintain a competitive edge. There was no intention to mislead, all indications up to that point were that UK players would be recieving copies yesterday/today and would be able to go to HMV, Virgin etc and pick up boxes from the shelves. It seems that one of the companies involved was prepared to throw it's legal weight around to insist on the release date being adhered to. This is almost unheard of.
Hatsepsut wrote:Hmm...seems to me that caring about the existing customers should be as important as focusing on new ones, else the existing ones may soon end up ex-customers...

Besides, it's hardly like the rest of europe can play. Most swedes, afaik, cannot.
We are caring about our existing customers. What I meant when I said that the complete box was the more important release is that our existing customers will know of the release and the release date. They won't be as affected by retailers not having the resources to focus on the release. As long as the box is available, existing players will be well served. For attracting new players, it's more important for the retailers to have time and resources available to promote it instore as it's appealing to a different market to the expansion box.

To my knowledge Scandinavian retailers had stocks and have been selling it since yesterday (and in some cases since Wednesday apparently).

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

anyone found an option for solo/switch users?
apart from that german ebay person, that i cannot translate etc
i don't have a sig.

Ioild
Emerald Rider

Post by Ioild »

Banana wrote:just a query ..

umm...when you go to the euro home site to buy catacombs the european is a http://www.CDON.COM

It also have movies(DVDs) and games :)
Bluadava, 50 light ment, ml 10 - Ioild, 50 void eldritch, ml 10
Lioney, 50 bard, ml 10 - Yeamar, 50 warden, ml 8
Mirocan, 50 valewalker, ml 4 - Nirewin, 50 nightshade, ml 5
Now, 50 blademaster, ml 5 - Partical, 45 animist, ml 1

House #3245 - cm has only 99% cloth and leather armor atm

Bone

Post by Bone »

Killder wrote:One in the eye for Game - guess they will lose many a sale over this :cheers:

I would like to agree but i somehow doubt it.
Bone Idle - BM
Gatt Decor - Animist

Gumbo - Warlock : WoW. Thunderhorn server.

Gumbo - Necromancer : AoC. Dagon server.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i dont know who to be angry at now.
Seems like a company paid game money to not release anything major this weekend so.. technically not games fault as they wanna earn money...
prolly the company who paid the money but thats just business sence...

kudos to GOA and DLGamer amazing service in this two days with regards to the downloading online :)
and /slaps to anyone whining and moaning about it.. least you HAVE the chance to download which is more than we had before...

just sad cause some guildies are away this weekend and have missed the order slot :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Banana wrote:just a query ..

Its DvD,Music AND games..

/Ankh

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Just to let you know, we are still working with DLGames over this weekend trying to sort things out. I'm not in the office so I don't have easy access to my boss or the people involved however the guy from DLGamer has confirmed that he is in communication with us this weekend in this FH post.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

blooming heck :)

seriously req you and dlgamer need a huge round of applause :)

specially to keep sorting this out on bank holidays :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

oh yea prolly peeps know this already.
but if you got the game from DL gamer you didnt get a user manual (i think).
There is a catacombs user manual at the normal goa website :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”