Dont Yell At Me Goa

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Xest wrote:Yes but that was only on your screen in your little homosexual world :p
:wyst:
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Edlina wrote:why you even go close to banning people (even temporarily) for posts like that, goes waaaaay waaaaaaay beyond me, that's just being weird.
My patience goes very far, and if someone flames me then I usually just laugh with it but being called a Nazi was beyond my limits. Why? Cos the Nazi's did terrible things to my grandparents and not only mine but many many more. Its just a word you dont use to flame someone.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I got permabanned on FH when I said "Who cares about people that speak frog or nazi anyway?" was in a thread about translation of patches :)
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Satyn wrote:My patience goes very far, and if someone flames me then I usually just laugh with it but being called a Nazi was beyond my limits. Why? Cos the Nazi's did terrible things to my grandparents and not only mine but many many more. Its just a word you dont use to flame someone.
I believe that his use of the word Nazi was for the fact they were facists, and as such noone under their rule had much freedom.

He clearly wasn't likening you to them on the basis of attempted genocide, so I don't see where the basis for you taking offense on that was.

It's getting so there's more moderation than there is discussion on this forum. Do we really need a comment after every minor piece of rudeness? If so why has noone reprimanded Xest for calling someone a homosexual earlier?
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Heta wrote:I got permabanned on FH when I said "Who cares about people that speak frog or nazi anyway?" was in a thread about translation of patches :)
It could have had something to do with having made a sweeping generalisation about all people from a certain country being "Nazis"... a dangerous action is to tar all of a national population with the worst part of their history.

Peat,

I dont think Satyn is ignorant to humor or tongue in cheek remarks however the statement which has proven to be the most talked about in this has seemed to me to be the one where someone intimating that she was being a Nazi Mod. Not a pleasant thing to say on a multinational board such as this where the slight nuiances of humor of body language, voice and facial humor are all totally lost on the medium that is text.

Cant say I have seen Xests post but I will look and see if it needs comment a comment from me.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Peppa
Emerald Rider

Post by Peppa »

What did homosexuals do to your grandparents Peat? :scared:
ImageImage

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Cryn wrote:I believe that his use of the word Nazi was for the fact they were facists, and as such noone under their rule had much freedom.

He clearly wasn't likening you to them on the basis of attempted genocide, so I don't see where the basis for you taking offense on that was.

It's getting so there's more moderation than there is discussion on this forum. Do we really need a comment after every minor piece of rudeness? If so why has noone reprimanded Xest for calling someone a homosexual earlier?
So if he only wanted to use the facist portion of the many things the nazis did wrong why didn't he call her a facist mod? If you call someone a nazi you can't come back and say "Oh I didn't mean you were just that part of a nazi, you weren't the jew hating, mass murdering megalomaniacal part you were just the facist part" because otherwise there's no need for the term nazi in the first place when the term facist encompasses everything he wanted to say if that is the case.

Also there's a major difference between rudeness meant in jest and rudeness meant as aggression, but I'm sure you know that really and are just trying to be difficult :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

rofl :x 'Tis getting a bit OTT with warnings now. ;)
~

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Takitothemacs wrote:Cant say I have seen Xests post but I will look and see if it needs comment a comment from me.
He called heta it but i think thats their term of endearment towards each other
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Since this has once again degenerated into a what mods did wrong thread ill close it. Feel free to whine moan and generally whimper about it in another thread in the off topic section.

:locked:
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”