Classic Server... in English!! Hoorah!!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Pharoahe
Emerald Rider

Post by Pharoahe »

I think the classical server will have a less powergaming enviroment, but we'll see how it will end. I don't like the idea of going backwards, usually results in a failure. But it remains to see, good luck GOA, pretty sure you'll need it :OohhoO:
Cuthifen, Tavern Regular of the Artisans of Willow (L50 Celt Bard, Legendary Armorer)
Conzpi, Stranger of the Artisans of Willow (L43 Elf Enchanter, Apprentice Spellcrafter)
Edielath, Clanlord of Circle of Satai (L42 Lurikeen Ranger, Apprentice Fletcher)

Reinforced L51 masterpieces in merchant at house 3702 in Limerick.

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Succi wrote:Playing against french and german people will be a refreshing change.
You can have that and you already have that on Prydwen as well... just not to that amount you will have on a non-ToA Server. *points upwards* ;)

Funny sidenote may be:

-> German players want an own server due to the amount of German players requesting it and the amount of German players in total (around 40% of total GOA DAoC players)
-> Some French players want a server set up
-> Most English players don't want a server

what we'll get: an english server with the possibility of a second, german server... sounds somehow funny. :D
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

HappyG wrote:No changes for groups, and for stealthers... thers not many around on us classic, why bother with Vampiirs, Friars and that alike? And since people do use DI bots on normal servers, what makes you think people wont use ranged BBs on classic?

No FoP, no cure nearsight, you will soon realise how shit crack and pow songs are...

I'm probably missing something
but isn't it impossible to keep buffs as a stealther in rvr with the classic ruleset?

and for the 2nd part, we used to rvr even without shit crack and sometimes a pow song (at least I tried to get it up once in a while) and tbh it went fine

imo it makes the fight harder and not just one big ability spam

stuff like mezz-immunity and speedremovethingierunes made the game quite crappy for my bard and I would rather play without them (if I'm correct they won't be on a classic server, don't flame me when I'm wrong :p)
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

zlopke wrote:I'm probably missing something
but isn't it impossible to keep buffs as a stealther in rvr with the classic ruleset?

You're missing the ability to have your bot in the same group as you :p.

I don't see toa fg vs fg combat as "1 big ability spam" but that's just me.

If you mean I can use phaseshift to get rid of 2 vendoing charging zerkers then I'm all up for never playing on classic.

"Stuff like mez immunity" - It blocks 1 mez effect, helps sorcerors a lot since most bards start with sos+plant ae instant. Nowhere near immunity as you still get interrupted by the mez and it can be applied to you instantly.

Det5 charging tanks. ouch

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

[quote="Adianna"]You can have that and you already have that on Prydwen as well... just not to that amount you will have on a non-ToA Server. *points upwards* ]

they using mythic tactics!!!
in the us servers no one actually wanted the classic server .. they wanted that home attack thingy ...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Think its a horrible idea by GOA to make classic servers. Personaly I have tried classic, and I must say that I enjoy ToA much more, specialy after the cluster (we have 4 servers clusterd together) ToA is sooooo much faster. Made an infil some weeks back, from the time I created it to it beeing lvl 50 with all artis activated and sc armor done was 1,5 week. Biggest reason it took so long time was cause I waited for free lvl when I got to 47.9 :)
Just that if you want an artifact you simply go and do it, its always up somewhere and that is bloody nice, insted of having to camp it for days and days.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Well I like the idea of not having ToA... ToA doesn't fit in my opinion and that is why I don't want to play ToA. (Besides that Arti-Farming, Scroll-Farming and Arti-Leveling shit is really annoying). ;)
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

btw, about Darkspire raids beeing as long as ToA, I have to say thats pretty wrong. Even tho I like ToA more then classic server, I have to say getting the items from darkspire was very painless, took me 5 runs for my zerker. The best part realy is that you dont have to be spesific about which slot you want the stat in as they are all the same, its just the stat and the +stat that changes, ie, all rings got 6% cold 6% crush, while all bracers got 6% heat, 6% slash no matter if its a str, dex, qui item (dono if the resists are right just an example)
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

Lothandar wrote:You're missing the ability to have your bot in the same group as you :p.

yes but aren't they on a range limit on the classic server?

was thinking about making a minstrel on the classic server but if it's going to be filled with buffed stealthers like every other server then it's quite pointless :(
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Teador wrote:been said enough, bad idea. Last thing we need is to split up the community as it is and this new server is going to achieve that.
Excellent point.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”