12 Days Free

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Here is GOAs apparent final word ...

==========
Response (CM) 09/27/2005 03:21 PM
I've spoken to our billing people and there is nothing we can do to change the billing designation on your account and we have no way to credit a single (or in your case two) accounts with the days. I apologise for this however there is nothing I can do.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager
==========

First I buy the UK version of the game, and for reasons known only to themselves GOA erroneously decides to classify me as a German version client.
Then the server is down for 12 days.
Then they promise all Prydwen players 12 free days as compensation.
Then I have to wait an additional nearly 3 weeks for my characters to get their equipment back - so total 4-5 weeks in which I have paid full subscription without having full use of my characters.
And now they're telling me they can neither correct their own &%ç* ups or give me the promised 12 free days???

They're really taking the piss IMO
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

like fook it is good enough my main char's has now not been played for over 5 weeks meaning i barley log on. only to to say hello to guildeys and to check if me stuff bck. GOA are wankers and if they think im guna buy there crap add on then they can think again imo we should all boycott the add on and hope they waste there money in making copies like we wasted our money paying for a game we can not play and see how there boss's like it.

i work hard and i sure have better things to do than pay for summat i can not use to how i want to
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Belisar wrote:...

My only confusion is why people feel that granting the 12 day period now is unfair on those who do not have their characters restored.
Taking my 2nd account as an example. It closed today, the 12 days were up, and I still haven't got items back on the character that was stripped on that account.

Originally I let the account lapse, after the server came back up and I RN'd the loss, and had no intension of renewing it in the short term. I had expected that I would at least be able to check the status of the stripped character using the 12 days. So now I am left in a situation where I have to pay for the account to check I have all the items back!

As it happens the character in question isn't that important to me. However it still feels like yet another kick in the teeth on top of an already bad situation that I may never know if the character is sorted, unless I decide to come back to the game full time, but then that is looking increasingly unlikely.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

OohhoO wrote:Then they promise all Prydwen players 12 free days as compensation.
No we promised all English players 12 days free. Unfortunately the criteria for being an English player is that you chose the English subscription site when you created the account. Country of origin doesn't matter and neither does the main site default.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Requiel wrote:No we promised all English players 12 days free. Unfortunately the criteria for being an English player is that you chose the English subscription site when you created the account. Country of origin doesn't matter and neither does the main site default.
OK, so I go to http://daoc.goa.com/en/
You will notice that this is the ENGLISH site
Then I click on Subscriptions
It directs me to https://billing.goa.com
AUTOMATICALLY IN GERMAN!!!
So please tell me again how I "CHOSE" the wrong site
I get automatically directed there, no choice.

I can do it again & send you a screenshot if you don't believe me.
-
-

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

OohhoO wrote:
I can do it again & send you a screenshot if you don't believe me.
make vid and add music imo.
look, no hands!

Now retired

Erce

Post by Erce »

When i click the second link, mine is in English, so it looks like the site checks the language of your OS, and then directs you to where it thinks you should go.

would be interesting to see if you had a french/german OS in england, would you still end up with a german/french account?
Erce..animist (retired)
Erehey..VW (retired)

druid in wow....(retired )

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Mojo wrote:make vid and add music imo.
Yeah I'm kinda sorry to bore you all with this, but I went to the extra effort of buying the UK version in Switzerland. I get automatically redirected from the English GOA site to the German subscription site every time. GOA say they are incapable of correcting the database entries for my accounts. I've been through all the crap of the last month. GOA give me a series of conflicting answers & then say they cannot give me the 12 days compensation. Now it sounds like it is all my fault because I didn't "choose" the right subscription site when in fact I never had any choice at all.

Maybe I would be better off if I stopped playing cos this is doing bad things to my bloodpressure :(
-
-

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Ovi wrote:Taking my 2nd account as an example. It closed today, the 12 days were up, and I still haven't got items back on the character that was stripped on that account.
Hmm I have to admit in my original thoughts I never imagined that it would take so long to restore everyones items. I seem to recall a GOA rep saying that the bulk of items should have been restored within a week of the server coming up (I maybe misrepresenting that) so I guess no one expected people to still be waiting.

GOA have said that they will look to cater for the majority, something I can understand but would agree is harsh on those who may still have unplayable toons.

So sad to see this dragging on so long and so sad to see so many decent people so badly effected. Even worse to see some leaving the game as a result.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Requiel wrote:No we promised all English players 12 days free. Unfortunately the criteria for being an English player is that you chose the English subscription site when you created the account. Country of origin doesn't matter and neither does the main site default.
lol utter shit, anyone with a character there should be given 12 days free. Just another stupid ruling by GoA AGAIN!
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”