Restoration update

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Lairiodd wrote:Are you allowed say that :p ?
I don't know, maybe it'll set off some kind of anti-poll or something and distort the space-time continuum.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Originally posted on FH
Me wrote:Just to clear up a few points. Some players seem to be under the impression that the Magic Gems (which you exchange for ROGs) are being offered to replace regular items. This is not the case, where possible items are still being replaced directly. As stated previously we cannot directly replace ROGs or crafted items and so we will continue to reimburse you in gold for these.
However many players have commented that there are too few items to spend their gold on and so, in an attempt to put more items into the marketplace we have added these merchants. Players who report ROGs missing will recieve both Gems and cash as appropriate.

For those wondering about the utility of the ROGs, this will obviously vary wildly from item to item however the generator will give you items tailored to your class. We have used the highest level generator available (the Aerus City generator) to give you the best chance possible of getting quality items.
To answer the queries about how we are doing this. We are logging the characters affected in one at a time to restore items to them. This is the only way it can be done unfortunately. We have coded some special NPCs to automate certain tasks like restoring artifacts however most of it is done by searching for items in the database, creating them and then trading them to the character. Where possible we are recreating everything. The only items that aren't recreatable are ROGs and crafted items as stated previously. This is slow however we have drafted in staff from other teams to help in this and we are making good headway into the reports. We expect that by this time next week the bulk of all the reports we'll have recieved by that time will have been dealt with.

Erce

Post by Erce »

and ML10 items are deemed ROGS? cos some people get them back but other don't?

just want to know whats what really.
Erce..animist (retired)
Erehey..VW (retired)

druid in wow....(retired )

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Erce wrote:and ML10 items are deemed ROGS? cos some people get them back but other don't?

just want to know whats what really.
No ML10 items are not ROGs. Where possible we are recreating these as well. I don't know of any situation where a genuine claim for ML10 (or any non-ROG, non-crafted) item has not been honoured. Without knowing the full details of the case in question however I can't say why someone hasn't got their ML10 stuff back. It sounds like someone has their wires crossed to me.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Requiel wrote: We expect that by this time next week the bulk of all the reports we'll have recieved by that time will have been dealt with.
This time next week will be 9 days into the period where rp/xp bonuses are available - hardly seems fair.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Belisar wrote:This time next week will be 9 days into the period where rp/xp bonuses are available - hardly seems fair.
As you're splitting the same argument across several threads I'll repost what I posted here again
Me wrote:About the xp/rp bonuses. The people affected are a minority on the server. It may not seem like it but believe me they are. In most cases even those who are affected haven't been unlucky enough to lose all the items from all the characters that they play. it seemed to us that nearly everyone would be able to take advantage of the bonuses straight away. Also the bonuses cannot continue after clustering as you can't give one server in a cluster different bonuses to the other. So if we held off, the bonus period would have been shorter for everyone. In any case the bonus period is not designed primarily to compensate for the server downtime - that's what the free days are for. The bonuses are mostly to encourage people back to Prydwen after the downtime so that the population normalises again after a period where people may have made temporary homes on Excal or other servers.

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

As you will know, it is not possible for us to directly replace randomly generated items (ROGs), however many players were making use of these in their templates. Until now we were compensating the loss of these items with gold however we appreciate that this is not the best answer as there is a distinct lack of items to spend this gold on.

We are pleased to announce then that new merchants have appeared in the capital cities of all the realms. These will take special vouchers and exchange them for high value ROGs. These vouchers will be given to players that have reported losing ROG items and will also be purchaseable so that those who have already recieved gold can replace their losses.

- taken from camelot-europe.com

I am a little confused by this, having gone through the first 300 <or so> players you are now not giving out 15 to 75p compensation so they can buy items suitable to what they had and are now giving out tokens that only last for a limited period that may not result in getting a rog item thats even remotly close to the one a player origionally had?
So not only have you shatterd the economy by pumping money into it you have doubly shatterd it for the people who has lost out after the first early birds who got the masses of cash becaue the people who are delt with last will not only be inable to purchase the items they need as they have already been sold but they wont have anywhere near the same amout of cash as the others who need the items so when they go for their item that should be 300 - 500g its actually 2 or 3 plat.
Every one in this situation should be treated equally, giving people the same chance to get an item say 20 times over giving somone 10plat is not fair.

The implimentation of the rog generation is good but it should be people's choice to pay X amout for the chance to get a good bit of rog OR keep their money and wait untill they find somthing on cm that is suitable.

is this the case that you give tokens or are you giving tokens as well as cash? in which case its surly not fair on the players who were delt with first who will not receive the tokens...
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

So you need to log in the characters(or accounts whatever) one by one to fix, sorry if this might be a stupid question but what if that account is currently in use, be it on another server or the affected characters, are we adviced to not log in while you are trying to fix characters ?
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Childofkhain wrote:As you will know, it is not possible for us to directly replace randomly generated items (ROGs), however many players were making use of these in their templates. Until now we were compensating the loss of these items with gold however we appreciate that this is not the best answer as there is a distinct lack of items to spend this gold on.

We are pleased to announce then that new merchants have appeared in the capital cities of all the realms. These will take special vouchers and exchange them for high value ROGs. These vouchers will be given to players that have reported losing ROG items and will also be purchaseable so that those who have already recieved gold can replace their losses.

- taken from camelot-europe.com

I am a little confused by this, having gone through the first 300 <or so> players you are now not giving out 15 to 75p compensation so they can buy items suitable to what they had and are now giving out tokens that only last for a limited period that may not result in getting a rog item thats even remotly close to the one a player origionally had?
So not only have you shatterd the economy by pumping money into it you have doubly shatterd it for the people who has lost out after the first early birds who got the masses of cash becaue the people who are delt with last will not only be inable to purchase the items they need as they have already been sold but they wont have anywhere near the same amout of cash as the others who need the items so when they go for their item that should be 300 - 500g its actually 2 or 3 plat.
Every one in this situation should be treated equally, giving people the same chance to get an item say 20 times over giving somone 10plat is not fair.

The implimentation of the rog generation is good but it should be people's choice to pay X amout for the chance to get a good bit of rog OR keep their money and wait untill they find somthing on cm that is suitable.

is this the case that you give tokens or are you giving tokens as well as cash? in which case its surly not fair on the players who were delt with first who will not receive the tokens...

All of your questions are answered in my earlier post in this very thread.
In brief. We are not replacing 'real items' with ROGs. We are not giving people ROGs instead of cash. We are making high value ROGs more available to help people rebuild templates. The people we dealt with yesterday and this morning won't have been given these tokens as they didn't exist until this afternoon, however they can still take advantage of the merchant if they are having problems finding decent ROGs from other sources. I think most people would agree that being dealt with first far outweighs any disadvantage from not getting a handful of free ROG tokens.

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

so prior to the creation of these tokens how were you "reimbursing" players for the loss of rog items if they were in their template or even in their vault etc?
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”