Please post experiences of item loss

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Ankh Morpork wrote:We should be happy that the servers are back up atleast! Im sure they will have a stressy week when they try to help everyone get their items back. Im lucky as i just lost items (as far as I know) on one char but I fully understand your anger but still hope you wont leave daoc/prydwen... Luon made a post where he offers to help people regain their items and i will help too. First of all ill help Fallen Spirit ofc. I hope people with loads of stuff will lower their prices to help the realm btw...that would proberbly help ALOT.

/Ankh
Week? I'd not call it something else but weeks if not months if they need to restore everything that was lost...
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

Thaadi
Emerald Rider

Post by Thaadi »

Lost everything on 2 chars.
My question is if GOA have any idea what items ppl have lost on their accounts?
Since their "you have to to report whats lost" instead of just checking what ppl lost, or is this to get away easy with closed/inactive accounts?
Pry/hibernia
Thaadi Druid <Legacy>
Silra Animist <Suicide Squad>
Saasha Nightshade <Suicide Squad>
Wail Bainshee <Legacy>

Exc/midgard
Thaadi Skald <unguilded>
Silra Healer <Defiance>

Camlann
Cardoa Cleric <unguilded>

Xxcalibur
Emerald Rider

Post by Xxcalibur »

seems all is ok except few items on vault + tittle kills
Tiarna BM Old frontiers

RR10+ BM
RR8+ ELD
RR5+RANGER
RR5+BARD

prydwen

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Adianna wrote:Week? I'd not call it something else but weeks if not months if they need to restore everything that was lost...
I lost an S in that sentence. Ofcourse WEEKS.

/Ankh

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

At first i thought that it was catacombs related as the majority of them that i had seen had been cata toons, but now i know it that it is completely random and had little to do with when the char was last used

So your guess is as good as mine tbh

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Thaadi wrote:Lost everything on 2 chars.
My question is if GOA have any idea what items ppl have lost on their accounts?
Since their "you have to to report whats lost" instead of just checking what ppl lost, or is this to get away easy with closed/inactive accounts?
Not sure how it works but who knows, perhaps they can check what you lost only they need help to see what chars actually lost something...if you get what I mean..

Edit: What I mean is perhaps they can access older backups and check some of the items you might have had..

/Ankh

Wolfskin
Emerald Rider

Post by Wolfskin »

Sorry guys i dont know what to say,..i am very angry about that,....they kick the server for 10 days,.....dont really tell us what the problem was and then put the server back on just to get many many players with this Problem,...then they tell u to write down to rn what items are missing,....are they really so silly that they beleive that noone will try to use this stance to cheat and get items they didnt even had.

I will cancel my accs tonight cause if i would behave like this with my customers i could close the firm im working in.

ya so far

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

my serious guess is that they have backups (backup server running) and when they get a complaint of item they login that account on the running backup server and check.

But to save themself time they only check the chars reported, cuz they lazy :p
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

rvn
Emerald Rider

Post by rvn »

high class service.......... .
Nolby Pride
Sorusii,Roxstarshroomstar,Sorsuishroom,Vendochimp,Kottbulle
Olle,Doood,Mirhir,Droooddoooood

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

I just looked through the 10 chars I got, 6 out 10 chars were stripped.

I RightNow'ed it, but I cannot remember all the items they had so just stated that I expect ALL items to be restored and it should be possible from their logs.

If this is not the case they can say goodbye to 3 accounts for sure.

So lets see what happens.

Edit
I cant even check my gf's account until we get the 10 days, wont spend any money until I know if her chars are oki.
/Edit

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”