So, who's interested in Lamorak?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I just got the point where I am really enjoying DAoC as it stands today. I don't wanna start again and potentially not have fun. Plus I hate leveling. I'm thinking the Fins on Lam will be begging for submission on day 2.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Biggest mistake I made with the new servers was not taking 2 days off work, starting a necro on day 1, beating everyone to 50 and going out to solo all the unclaimed lvl1 keeps and run off solo with a relic :<
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Hatsepsut
Emerald Rider

Post by Hatsepsut »

Briannon wrote:But my point is that everyone on the server will be un-ToA'd so I don't see how RvR will be that much harder. If we were un-Toa versus TOA then yes, I'd agree.

But, as Mythic said before, this is a suck-it-and-see period and they will make adjustments as the server settles down.
Lol, thanks for assuming I'm an idiot. Of course I'm talking about RvR without ToA gear on a ToA server...

xianghua
Emerald Rider

Post by xianghua »

Fifta wrote:Yeah, will be interesting to see how people can live without group cure nearsight or disease. :)

And how will noob healers live without 40% power bonus and maximized cast speed to spam spreadheal.

like in old days then....

mhmmmmhmmm the old days :ß
Xianghua Heroine rr10
Seltir Healer rr7
Hatchetdwarf Skald rr6
Liao Cleric rr6
+ some pre rr5 toons

Sturgis Podmore
Emerald Rider

Post by Sturgis Podmore »

Isn't there a restriction on buffs now on this server also? That's going to make it very difficult for typically solo Classes in RVR. Not so much against their counterparts in different Realms, but moreso against enemy players running with buffs in their group.

Hibernia Prydwen

Sturgis Podmore • Lvl 50 Druid • ML5 Perfecter

Albus Dumbledore • Lvl 50 Enchanter

xianghua
Emerald Rider

Post by xianghua »

Fifta wrote:True, but you still have to level a character from 1 to 50
:)

And I have to admit that I didn't know that those bonuses won't work in rvr and this kinda eats the basement of my posts, doesnt it?

All I can say is, sorry.

(Altho I'm gonna cram up some information about those bonuses when I get home from work, just to be sure they won't work in rvr)

aye 2-3 days of hardcore pve to get from 1-50 is alot of work rly :D

maybe the first chars might take 1 week, but if you are smart you only exp some PL chars on normal way there (necro´s,animists,chanters,sm,bb´s,etc)

and PL the chars you want to play there after
that way after 2 weeks you have: bb + some PL toon + atleast 1-2 chars to play

1 week later you have both equipped with cata stuff and sit on your ass waiting for slowcrew crafters to hit lgm :D

wouldnt call that much efford compared to toa rly
Xianghua Heroine rr10
Seltir Healer rr7
Hatchetdwarf Skald rr6
Liao Cleric rr6
+ some pre rr5 toons

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

currently trying out this server as Gatherii the Savage, and its interesting to note that more or less any solo person has a bot stuck to his ass, which i dont know if its a trend that will carry on to frontiers or not , and is just for fast PvE purposes, but 5000 range on buffs seems too much if they want to make make bots more obsolete and less people relying on them.

oh and on mid weve already got some 40+ people. numbers are around 1100 on mid when i logged on at 6 am this morning (dont ask was a heavy night)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

I'd definetly go for classic server if it was Old Frontiers and Old RA's, but with NF and new RA system, cba really..
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Hatsepsut wrote:Lol, thanks for assuming I'm an idiot. Of course I'm talking about RvR without ToA gear on a ToA server...

I didn't assume anything of the sort, however...this is what you said in a discussion about a non-ToA server...
Hatsepsut wrote:Lol good luck competing in RvR without ToA gear. "Totely" doable. :p

I thought you were being sarcastic and it probably wasn't unfair of me to deduce that because we were discussing a non-ToA server you were suggesting that RvR on that server without ToA gear wasn't doable. Usually when someone puts a word in apostrophe's it implies some degree of irony. Hence my reply.

However, sarcasm/irony is a long way from idiocy, so just because i thought you were being sarcastic and responded accordingly doesn't mean I assumed you were being an idiot. My friends know that I can be one of the most sarcastic gits on this planet but I'm a long way from being an idiot. Your previous posts on many subjects suggest that neither are you :)
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Sturgis Podmore wrote:Isn't there a restriction on buffs now on this server also? That's going to make it very difficult for typically solo Classes in RVR. Not so much against their counterparts in different Realms, but moreso against enemy players running with buffs in their group.

So far, the way I have experienced buffs is that you can only buff someone in your group and the buffs have a range of 1000. Therefore, buffing classes have suddenly become very popular group members, as has having a second account bot running alongside you.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”