Lol
a shy artifact mob :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Penlid wrote:Yea jupi, they even roleplay!

ftp://195.184.104.33/rawr/sshot011.jpg
Oh you got off lightly, I camped literally for 36hrs solid and no night terror, the encounter is so pointless to even try and get since 1.75 :/
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

vampirela wrote:Who cares, not as if there hard to get, they drop like candy in poc. note patch notes also say there very rare? things changed over the years
yes for definite - and some of the notes effectively could well result in people playing a game that no longer exists. Take the notes on a nightshade for example - how much to they bear any resembalance to any form of reality?

So when I get sanctimonious statments about what people should and shouldn't do I get annoyed. Both companies have a responsibility to manage the expectations of their customers. Most others have to so why do Mythic/GOA not do likewise by simply keeping information up to date?

How is the new consumer supposed to find their answers?

<on the forums>

Newbie: "Ok so a Nightshade can 'despatch its deadly mission' etc etc. according to the notes."

Forumguy "Nah they wuz nerfed in patch 2.3333335xbIVVVX and in effect your better off rolling a bard for damage output."

Newbie: "OK so a bard is good?"

Forumguy: "Well in some bits yes but in patch xxxv45.b they nerfed the bard and made the druid harder."

Newbie: "I have been reading up on patch xxxv45.b and the Eldrich looks impressive what about that?"

Forumguy: "Dunno mate I rolled Alb cos they have scouts and they rock. You can FZ and stun and run away. Its better than playing counterstrike."
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

nibs
Emerald Rider

Post by nibs »

not being funny about golm...

but i been trying to get it since christmas (obviously i cba to sit there for hours camping it though) and ive never seen it up :>)

so thats over 6 adna half months; i rawk! :)
Mid/Ava
Gwarp, 42, Savage, LGM AC
Grumblebum, 50, Spiritmaster, ML3
Nibkyrie, 48, Valk, 9xx Alch
Nibmedic, 50, Healer, ML9
Stumblebum, 50, Warrior, ML10

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

Im just wondering what the 'proof' is all about. CSR's from the US *DO NOT HAVE* the same information nor tools/priviliges as GOA's Gamemasters.

http://members.home.nl/dh6a/joke

Check screenies in that folder and tell me can CSR's from US do that stuff?

Basically a GOA Gamemaster has access to different tools to verify stuff a CSR cannot do.

All abit beside the real point tho:
Should GOA to comfort their customers give you the 25 RA-stones or not.

On the one hand the patch-notes and history indicate its a guaranteed drop; so if you look at it from that side one would be eager to say they should hand em out to the raiders.

However by doing this you also generate a precedent which can make certain scenaries rather tricky. GOA would open a box of pandora if they made a decision AGAINST the server-code; because customers could later on say: "But hey; stones arent a guaranteed drop from the dragon; but when they didnt drop you gave em me anyhow, so why not now give me item_X".

I dont know if RA-stones are a guaranteed drop, but I dont see why Requiel would 'lie' about it as some suggest. If Requiel made an error in overlooking the loot-tables; Im sure he's man enough to admit that and still grant you the entitled loot. Tho Im also pretty sure that he double-checked his findings before giving you the RightNow.

Anyhow in the end be happy it wasnt the Respec-stones :P

(and for the record: I killed the dragon over 25 times in Hibernia with animists and never I saw it not drop the 2x25 stones - but that's perfectly possible (and likely) if the chance to drop is 99.99%)
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

It's not to do with the tools they have! Mythic MADE and patch the game, they decide what drops what and when, i was told and as Xest was told in a screenshot that they were a 100% drop. So if Mythic says it's a 100% drop it's a 100% drop, if GoA have changed it, which afaik they aren't allowed to change anything ingame as they don't have the rights to it.

And i'm pretty sure american CSR's can do a lot more than fuck about with differant skins, i mean CSR's have the ability to be friendly and offer an ingame service.
Inactive

Sugah
Emerald Rider

Post by Sugah »

Gotta love how E&E's get treated lol.
Hib/Pry
Minewt - Eldritch - Tailor in Training
Mingle - Ranger - Fletcher in Training
Sugah - Vampiir - Alcoholic in Training
Arctura - Druid
Minuwt - Chanter

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

isnt that abuse of powers and thus illegal under GoA CoC??
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Last time I was able to check the US servers (we intermittently have DEV privileges on Pendragon), the drop table was the same there as it is currently in Europe.
We don't 'translate' loot tables, they are just look-up lists of item numbers, random chances and linked indexes, these will be exactly the same for every language version as only the item names will change - and these are defined in the item description not the drop tables. The drop table hasn't changed on our servers for at least a year to my certain knowledge.
What Puppet says is also correct. Whether you believe it is a guaranteed drop or not is irrelevant, the simple fact is that it isn't. If we restore a non-guaranteed drop in this case, we will have to justify not doing the same for any other non-guaranteed drop. I'm sorry you didn't get your stones, however it is not a bug. Sometimes they do not drop.

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

Requiel wrote: I'm sorry you didn't get your stones, however it is not a bug. Sometimes they do not drop.
Copyright of GoA 2005, not running under Mythic Regulations 2005
Inactive

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”