Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

[Quote=Chronicles of Camelot]
We will naturally do the best we can to restore as many items as possible. If you notice the disappearance of any non-tradeable object you won through a quest or an item needed to continue a quest, please contact our technical support so that they can restore it after checking that you had it before. Equally for artifacts, if one is missing, contact us and it will be restored at level 10, whatever its initial level. Finally, for those who lost objects other from the kind of objects described above, the character concerned will be given money to compensate. [/Quote]

At the risk of offending Cryn again I have added the bold, it wasn't bold in the original quote. However it is the bit that people are conerned about.

Basically it is possible that a rare drop could be lost, and compensated for by Cash, although no idea how much yet since GoA haven't said :)

Sehanine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sehanine »

Ovi wrote:At the risk of offending Cryn again I have added the bold, it wasn't bold in the original quote. However it is the bit that people are conerned about.

Basically it is possible that a rare drop could be lost, and compensated for by Cash, although no idea how much yet since GoA haven't said :)
Well if i got like 100p for a lost item worth 20p normally .. i wouldnt be so pissed off... but.. whats the chances of that happening.....?

Most likely wont get anything near its original prydwen-value...

Not sure why they cant replace "normal" items actually... any1 that can explain that?
Sehanine - Nightshade RR7L0
ML7
Fallen Spirits
Plus other unimportant toons.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

DOoooooommm...the world as we know it has ended...DOOOOOOOMMM

There are about 600k active characters on prydwen...so about 1/10 might have lost an item...and actually they also deleted items from inactive accounts and empty slots

Go ahead keep crying the whole weekend till monday threatning to quit bla bla...everyone knows what normally happens with people like that. You see them in game the next day

And remember it is a game..just see on monday what happened and i think very little of you have reason to whine
finland:
holland:

Sehanine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sehanine »

Quinlan wrote:DOoooooommm...the world as we know it has ended...DOOOOOOOMMM

There are about 600k active characters on prydwen...so about 1/10 might have lost an item...and actually they also deleted items from inactive accounts and empty slots

Go ahead keep crying the whole weekend till monday threatning to quit bla bla...everyone knows what normally happens with people like that. You see them in game the next day

And remember it is a game..just see on monday what happened and i think very little of you have reason to whine
by quitting , i meant .. quitting hib/pryd and play alb/excal.. as mentioned in another thread. Your try of insulting me is pathetic really...

And Requil posted in another thread that the server will have a "small rollback"
to wednesday and all items gained after that point would be lost. Which means, for me atleast, that ill lose a few items worth good money on hib/pryd.
ML7
Fallen Spirits

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

peeps getting ratty :(

pryd back monday - only one more day to go ..
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Sehanine wrote:...

Not sure why they cant replace "normal" items actually... any1 that can explain that?
I *think* it is probably down to proof that you had it. Artifacts and non-tradeable items they only need to check that you had them, because you can't get rid of them.

With normally tradeable items proof of receipt isn't proof that you haven't sold/given it on to someone else. I am more convinced of that because they are giving any artis back at level 10. They can check you activated it (It's a quest ...) but once it's activated I don't think they can check what level it was.

I guess that they feel it's less of an issue giving away Plats to the odd false claim that gets through than giving the items falsely.

Sehanine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sehanine »

Ovi wrote:I *think* it is probably down to proof that you had it. Artifacts and non-tradeable items they only need to check that you had them, because you can't get rid of them.

With normally tradeable items proof of receipt isn't proof that you haven't sold/given it on to someone else. I am more convinced of that because they are giving any artis back at level 10. They can check you activated it (It's a quest ...) but once it's activated I don't think they can check what level it was.

I guess that they feel it's less of an issue giving away Plats to the odd false claim that gets through than giving the items falsely.

Nerf :(
ML7
Fallen Spirits

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Ovi wrote:At the risk of offending Cryn again I have added the bold, it wasn't bold in the original quote. However it is the bit that people are conerned about.

Not sure if you even realise you're doing it Ovi, but making deliberately insulting comments is more than just risking offending someone.

How about you post like a mature adult and leave off all the sniping, pettiness and silly little forum-esque tactics for making yourself feel special, and we converse pleasantly?

You know, it IS possible to disagree with someone without being needlessly offensive. Anywhere outside web forums you see it all the time, because generally people are too embarassed to use childish conversational gambits in person.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

cmon guys chill out a bit, aint worth falling out with eachother..
we need all the friends we can get on hib/pry.
:tare:
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Cryn wrote:Not sure if you even realise you're doing it Ovi, but making deliberately insulting comments is more than just risking offending someone.

How about you post like a mature adult and leave off all the sniping, pettiness and silly little forum-esque tactics for making yourself feel special, and we converse pleasantly?

You know, it IS possible to disagree with someone without being needlessly offensive. Anywhere outside web forums you see it all the time, because generally people are too embarassed to use childish conversational gambits in person.
Only one cliche comes to mind here, involving the words pot and kettle.

Every time I post something you don't agree with you get petty, you snipe and you get personal. I am really sorry for getting defensive in the face of such attacks, and reducing myself to your level :(

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”