Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Kabane wrote:i must disagree with this im sorry but the service was down i play pryd i dont play other sever's there for the sevrice i use was Down it would be like me travling to work in london every day from cardiff on the train then i found out he track is out and the only place i can go is Cornwall, but because its the same company running the train sevrice there isnt a problem????? i think Not
So you disagree that 1 day free for each day isn't fair?

As I said before the arguments about the "service being down" has been done to death over the last week, not going to debate about them any more.

I only normally play Prydwen too, I played Excal the first day the servers were down, and haven't touched DAoC since. I still can't see what other compensation I would expect, 1 day free for each day lost seems about as fair as they can realistically achieve.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

guys this is a discussion nobody can win. There are pro's and con's. Imo they could have done more aye but call me whatever you like i'm gona be happy enough if the server will be back up on monday.
No matter how hard we'll nag about all this it wont solve anything. And dont think Goa will get back on what they already said will be the compensation just cos some ppl dont think its enough.

Sorry for all those that are thinking of quiting, i can understand till a certain point but we all know you love the game and serious problems can always happen everywhere if you ask me ... so think twice and just come back on monday ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Cryn wrote:For future reference, ... edit my post ... more ... quote tags...
Get over yourself already.

I posted to make you aware of a very significant mistake in your interpretation of the compensation, if you read earlier in the thread you will also see it is exactly the same mistake I made.

Seems like Adalyn has a point about Prydies getting stroppy with people trying to help, won't bother next time I will leave you with your mistaken ideas and let you look the fool.

Hope you like this quote better :p

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Ovi wrote:Stuff that showed he didn't really get my annoyance with the quote thing
Clearly you don't understand the idea that people may not like being misquoted. Using quote tags like this is just one of those forum things that needlessly introduces friction into discussions. You could just as easily make your point outside the quote tags without risking rubbing someone up the wrong way, but if you're not worried about your discussions getting aggro, then go right ahead and keep doing it.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Quinlan wrote:No it wouldnt...dont you get Cyrn..the service was working just that you cant play on pryd...tough shit

Compensation is more then enough imo
Yup, technically the service was working but that's pretty meaningless, because it fails to take into account the pragmatics of that service. People who have played DAoC for years have often exhausted the entertainment value of the lower levels and only really continue to play for level 50 RvR. Everyone knows this, including you I am sure. So yeah, when prydwen is down they can go roll a level 20 on Excal, but would that really be the service they are paying for? No.

To put it another way, if GOA removed prydwen entirely tomorrow, they'd lose quite a few customers because those people wouldn't be willing to pay for the options that would leave them with.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

Quinlan wrote:No it wouldnt...dont you get Cyrn..the service was working just that you cant play on pryd...tough shit

Compensation is more then enough imo
What if your warden and druid are completly stripped of ALL items? Do you still think the same way 'the service was working' ?

Fact is: Prydwen was down, so the service was unavailable for Prydwen-regulars. But 66.000 items have been removed, reckon on average thats approx 20.000 items removed from Hibernia. Good odds one of YOUR character is affected.

Suddenly the 'compensation' means nothing more when your warden misses oh well his entire scale-set :O

Let's just see on Monday how bad it is ;)
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

[Quote=Cryn]
I am sorry for being a ratty git
[/Quote]

There you go, something to really complain about with the use of quote tags.

:sharkith:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

[quote="Puppet"]...

Let's just see on Monday how bad it is ]

That was the point I was trying to make in the other thread :p

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

[quote="Puppet"]What if your warden and druid are completly stripped of ALL items? Do you still think the same way 'the service was working' ?

Fact is: Prydwen was down, so the service was unavailable for Prydwen-regulars. But 66.000 items have been removed, reckon on average thats approx 20.000 items removed from Hibernia. Good odds one of YOUR character is affected.

Suddenly the 'compensation' means nothing more when your warden misses oh well his entire scale-set :O

Let's just see on Monday how bad it is ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by requiel shoutbox
[04:55 PM] Requiel: There's going to be a small rollback to wednesday morning. Anything you got after thatpoint will be lost and won't be restored.
[04:55 PM] Requiel: If you had something before that that went missing as a result of the bug then it will be restored
[04:56 PM] Requiel: Mythic deleted somewhere in the region of 66,000 items

So if i happened to have lost anything from my items..i can just have it restored..dont see the problem some of the drama queens here seem to see ;p
finland:
holland:

Sehanine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sehanine »

[quote="Quinlan"]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by requiel shoutbox
[04:55 PM] Requiel: There's going to be a small rollback to wednesday morning. Anything you got after thatpoint will be lost and won't be restored.
[04:55 PM] Requiel: If you had something before that that went missing as a result of the bug then it will be restored
[04:56 PM] Requiel: Mythic deleted somewhere in the region of 66,000 items

So if i happened to have lost anything from my items..i can just have it restored..dont see the problem some of the drama queens here seem to see ]

Not that simple im afraid.... only artifacts and quest items will be restored as a Item... "normal" items will be compensated as "Cash"... yes.. i know... it sux.

So.. imagine using some ubah items from ml10, kraken or leviathen... and u get .. maybe.. 5p for the item as compensation.

That would be good enough a reason for me to quit daoc.
Not cos the item is gone, but im simply just not the kind of person that let some1 screw me over and dont care about it afterwards.
Sehanine - Nightshade RR7L0
ML7
Fallen Spirits
Plus other unimportant toons.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”