Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Finolin

Post by Finolin »

HappyG wrote:Kinda agree, the in-game compensation is somehow useless for someone who only plays for RvR and doesn't bother doing alts on Pryd or Excal. +10% RPs in 10 days ain't what you'd normaly get in those 10 days lost :P
Yes, but GOA is also giving you 10 free days in which to make up what you would have made in those 10 days. So you aren't losing 10 days worth of RPs, they're just deferred, with a 10% bonus.

And yes, that sounds a lot like "deferred success" which is unfortunate.

I agree with Ankh that one thing was going to be certain about the compensation - that not everyone would be happy with it.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

the main thing imo is that we have our server back on monday, i dont care about compensation at all, I miss my chars :(
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Windwalka wrote:well i dont mind the whole extension to current subscription tho

But only to active accounts when the server went down.
I think this is wrong. They should give it to those who've renewed subscription during downtime too, especially if they have no characters, or only low level characters on other servers.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Gandelf wrote:But only to active accounts when the server went down.
I think this is wrong. They should give it to those who've renewed subscription during downtime too, especially if they have no characters, or only low level characters on other servers.

Did you renew during downtime by any chance? :xest:

aegnor
Emerald Rider

Post by aegnor »

This doesn't sound good. :(
They deleted every corrupted item and have no way of knowing what each deleted item was. So unless a player knows exactly what he had in all of his chars inventory, house vaults, CMs, etc and actually notices it missing the item won't be compensated for. This raises the question of how can they verify if players are being honest about what items are missing or how can an uknown missing item be compensated for. If they can indeed verify what a missing item was wouldn't just replacing the item be more appropriate?

Apparently only quest items and artifacts are being replaced, rare drops are compensated with cash. Depending on the extent of the damage a lot of people might have their rare drops removed from the game which will make the price for these items skyrocket, and it will take a while until the amount of these items circulating is enough to satisfy needs as before. This situation will be aggravated by people suddenly getting lots of cash in-hand from compensations to spend on buying back the missing items.

I'm still wondering what will happen when the server goes back up, but i'm afraid chaos will unsue. :(
Your favourite doomsayer,
Aegnor Istaril
Elvish Barun
retired :<

Malik
Emerald Rider

Post by Malik »

I think the compensation is great tbh, as long we are getting free days for the server downtime I cant see any problems. Maybe its just me beeing too nice :o
Malik/Trud
<Iron Wolves>

Currently playing:
WAR - Red Eye M: Saintly <Raven Host Elite>

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I think the compensation is pretty crap. There's only one weekend in the compensation period, whereas there were 2 weekends and a Bank Holiday in the outage. And the bonuses they are giving are pretty minimal for anyone not leveling a character under level 40.

I would have thought that at the very LEAST, they would have made sure that the online time of the compensation matched that of the outage.

GOA are such a bad provider I am seriously considering ditching both accounts just to make a statement. I'd miss DAoC but it's getting to the point where I feel like GOa are making a mug of me, taking my money and thumbing their nose at the ideaq of a quality service.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Sehanine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sehanine »

Cryn wrote:I think the compensation is pretty crap. There's only one weekend in the compensation period, whereas there were 2 weekends and a Bank Holiday in the outage. And the bonuses they are giving are pretty minimal for anyone not leveling a character under level 40.

I would have thought that at the very LEAST, they would have made sure that the online time of the compensation matched that of the outage.

GOA are such a bad provider I am seriously considering ditching both accounts just to make a statement. I'd miss DAoC but it's getting to the point where I feel like GOa are making a mug of me, taking my money and thumbing their nose at the ideaq of a quality service.
Thinking same tbh.
Sehanine - Nightshade RR7L0
ML7
Fallen Spirits
Plus other unimportant toons.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

gah everyone i talk to since the latest news wants to quit playing :( pls dont
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

<cracks under the pressure>
givf prydwen arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

<gets shot with a tranq>

mmm sleepy

<trys to calm down til monday>

seriously tho guys

come up with what you want goa to do :/
you know they cant give Rps/Plats/Atifacts due to their contract with mythic and they cant give us free days without giving excal peeps it too (which they wont do cause excal peeps dont really deserve it expect for putting up with us all this time :p )

what else can they do?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”