FFS don't let pryd.net die!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Gandelf wrote:Why not just close down Prydwen Net as a New Year's resolution? Then everyone would be forced to use FH. It's just a matter of saying that paid subcriptions will no longer be accepted and when all current subscriptions have expired, Prydwen Net will close down

That will sort all the problems out and no-one will ever be able to complain about under/over modding again. If things are getting as bad as people say they are (i.e. everyone quitting) then what's the point of keeping the forum going for the sake of it?

Indeed. Although it's not gonna close before I hit 700 posts :p
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

its the same as why 'in-game' seems to be dying. the big names that were integral to what was 'the spirit of prydwen' have left, made alts, or fallen out with others. people like peat, aran, puppet, venoid, kesxex (just examples there were loads more little clusters) who had their own little groups of friends surrounding them, that would occasionally merge together to help out under the luri antlers of a certain ranger. i know i play less, because these groups of people have disintegrated, or if they have stayed been changed by the current state of the game.

would i be still playing every availiable hour if the members of IWs were still around? probably yes.

would i be posting if those people were here? yes.

its nothing to do at all with how the moderation effected anything. that only changed the opinions of those that were 'vocal' on pryd.net and the mods. people just didnt visit because threads weren't started by people they know/heard of ingame.
So open your mouth and stick to your guns. You've gotta realise that she's indifferent. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh what your name? just wont learn, here we go again.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Also, I think people look at the 'olden days' with rose tinted glasses. There was the good and the bad even back then. The size of the community meant that it was more resistant to mass leavings.

However, ultimately, there was critical mass of people involved. It would be unreasonable to expect the forum to maintain popularity when the game is also bleeding players.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Lairiodd wrote: There was the good and the bad even back then.

Hell, we even had our fair share of the ugly too (but the less said about Firbies the better)!!

Cue MUSIC

;)

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gandelf wrote:Why not just close down Prydwen Net as a New Year's resolution? Then everyone would be forced to use FH. It's just a matter of saying that paid subcriptions will no longer be accepted and when all current subscriptions have expired, Prydwen Net will close down

That will sort all the problems out and no-one will ever be able to complain about under/over modding again. If things are getting as bad as people say they are (i.e. everyone quitting) then what's the point of keeping the forum going for the sake of it?

i think we had discussed changing it into a War forum when it comes out.

As it is there are still a few people who do visit :p even if they dont post :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Too many sub forums - get it back to one in game forum (pryd.net), one off topic, one set of sub forums for alliances and groups.

Thats enough. Please reorganise it.

After that - all of the above. Sometimes it healthy for people to move on. There is no point getting depressed over it.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Lieva wrote:i think we had discussed changing it into a War forum when it comes out.
Ahhh good that'd be pretty cool for all the people who have absolutely no intention of playing War...

not
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

OohhoO wrote:Ahhh good that'd be pretty cool for all the people who have absolutely no intention of playing War...

not
It'll be no different for them than it currently is for those of us who don't play DAoC, and WAR will almost certainly have more forum users playing it than will be left playing DAoC.

If a lot of people who use the forum do end up playing WAR then it makes perfect sense, after all it is the closest thing to a sequel DAoC is likely to get

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Sharkith wrote:Too many sub forums - get it back to one in game forum (pryd.net), one off topic, one set of sub forums for alliances and groups.

Thats enough. Please reorganise it.

After that - all of the above. Sometimes it healthy for people to move on. There is no point getting depressed over it.
have to agree, Off Topic and General is pretty much all that is needed.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

i dun blame anyone for what the forum has become ;)
DAOC got old so most of ppl show no interest in that part nor play the game anymore.
OT section gets from time to time a boost in discussion tho.
Also the forum still remains a contact place for some, so good.

Would have been prolly much better if at WoW release servers were known so prydwenites could pick the same server, seems to me all peeps are spread over different severs, yet many still play WoW.

So ye, hopefully WarHammer release is managed better on that side, eventually the community doesnt get spread more.
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”