A mid's view of Hib

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Guinnessrules wrote:Tbh hib is now where mid used to be, the mids dropped everything on their hands and ran out to defend their realm. But nowdays ur happy if u see a mid in the frontier.
The willingness of hibs to run out and defend our keeps these days is very good to see. We could have been better before tho there was just not any interest in it. And yes vamp and bainshees r OPed but so r Valks and WLs. Tho Xest says heretics r useless, maybe at higher lvl but not in BG. And they still got necros and reavers...........
Only class that has spanked my vamp in thid solo is a reaver, think about that. Tho he was fully buffed, i wasn't (wunder why?). :)

the effectiveness of a class in Thid is irrelevant, as thid dosent matter, and I think you need to rethink using the term "overpowered", as neither Valks or Vamps are, they are at most "effective".
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Guinnessrules wrote:Tbh hib is now where mid used to be, the mids dropped everything on their hands and ran out to defend their realm. But nowdays ur happy if u see a mid in the frontier.
The willingness of hibs to run out and defend our keeps these days is very good to see. We could have been better before tho there was just not any interest in it. And yes vamp and bainshees r OPed but so r Valks and WLs. Tho Xest says heretics r useless, maybe at higher lvl but not in BG. And they still got necros and reavers...........
Only class that has spanked my vamp in thid solo is a reaver, think about that. Tho he was fully buffed, i wasn't (wunder why?). :)
Heretics are useless everywhere and I'm not sure what makes you think valkyries are overpowered.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Rami wrote:yea, warlocks is HARD MODE (powered by banelord!)
Bonedancer is HARD MODE (powered by banelord!)
Pac Healer is HARD MODE (with AE stun, insta AE stun, insta AE mezz and mezz!)
SM with personal Bodyguard (pet) is HARD MODE (ML9 pet and brittle guards too!)

xD
You forgot the customary juggernaut which every SM has these days :x

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Arcsalin wrote:You forgot the customary juggernaut which every SM has these days :x

No he didn't, ml9 pet is the same effect as juggernaut, and most likely what they have since juggernaut is a waste of points when you have acces to ml9 convoker.

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Xest wrote:There's a fair bit of 1vs1 on Merlin so it will be a little harder on smaller servers or servers where there isn't much 1 vs 1, but even 200k a week is a fairly decent amount and that should be, imo acheivable by almost anyone.
It's prolly easiest for mids to make easy rps without a good grp, as on prydwen at least bryjia bridge is pretty much perma activity...at least for the solo/duo etc stuff. Less so for the other two realms that have to mess about with boats - give more DC dock camping !!

But I kinda agree, if you don't want or can't solo and haven't got a GG, it's not hard to make a small skirmish grp and run about less active areas. Peeps seem fixated on filling up grps alla the time tho - even if there's not really the lvl of activity to justify it. Just get stuck in.

Mael, 50th ment.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

willowywicca wrote:
No he didn't, ml9 pet is the same effect as juggernaut, and most likely what they have since juggernaut is a waste of points when you have acces to ml9 convoker.
Personally I would like to see Malev come back and make a go of the champ in the current state of the game..... ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Yeah, for some reason Bled is perma busy on Merlin also, what's lame though is by perma-busy I mean around 10 warlocks, 5 BDs, 20 Mid stealthers at any one time :p They even got so lame as camping the bled boat dropoff with 3fg the other week. Thing is though, if you dropoff away from there and just drop speedwarps by the bridges you can usually pull some away and get some decent fights with them dispatching them or being dispatched before the zerg realises some of their flock has wandered too far and been eaten by a lion and hence stampedes towards that area.

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

[quote="Takitothemacs"]Personally I would like to see Malev come back and make a go of the champ in the current state of the game..... ]

I wouldn't want to be playing in easymode :'(

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

willowywicca wrote:
I wouldn't want to be playing in easymode :'(
But you went to Alb when that was easymode :p

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”