Is it Zerg or Bust for the casual player in RvR nowadays?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Kallima wrote:
Banana has the right attitude.

Our current group aim is to prove we are a proper group by dying near the bard rather than scattered across several zones. We were doing this quite nicely. Sometimes we even accidentally kill someone. :bunneh:

hehe was actually thinking of the 'die near lindon' phrase when i wrote it :o
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

a nice discussion you started here Wyst :p . I logged in on Monday night wondering if I had the energy to even play the game. You know I cut back because it was getting me down. So when I logged in I thought I wonder what will happen, I just stood around Ligen chatting to guildies and stuff and then Drachs logs in and asks if I fancy duoing. Luckily Paul logs in and cool we have a nice trio.

We ran with you guys for a bit and had one hell of a fight against high rr Albs - that was one good fight :). It seemed the 11 versus eight balanced it quite well. After that we had tough fights some luck and some bad luck. I honestly had no idea you guys were having such a rough time though :(.

I don't buy this keep at it attitude it is wrong to think that we are not in a different environment right now. A big proportion of groups we meet now post cluster are high rr or are running as zergs and some do both - Some of the excal Albs have to be kind of the lamest, gimpiest high RR players I have ever seen.

What can you do? Well to be honest there is only one answer try to think carefully about what to do. Someone (Yorinde) has already made an excellent post. Try to think out of the box do something different and do not allow the terms of the game to be dictated to you. By that I would agree don't go to Agramon or at least if you do only do it now and then. Most of the time think about how to force others to come to you. Use animists for example to stack the game towards you. Try to invite others to come to you.

Bring a few adds like we did the other night. Use classes like ML9-10 Nightshades for surprise - stealth up a half group close to where your running. Set up an area were you invite a team of stealthers to come along and work as adds. You have to even the odds any high rr group that does not like that can always be ignored.

I would not agree to adding on FG vs FG fights because it is a clear distinctive style of play (that I now understand) but I would agree to playing in a unique style that suits you. That means numbers and trying to ambush others by using odd tic tacs.

It is the only way, trying to play in a style that doesn't suit you is just not going to work. Other things to think about for example are all those bridges on thr ridges (theres a song in there).

If you going to try different stuff I would come along with Sharkith to scout and help stealth up your 'adds'. It could be real fun ;)

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Gahn wrote:No1 will ever whine cause a fg of stalthers get on an fg of visibles (cause they gonna lose BADLY, that is), all the whine is cause of those 3-4-5 grouped stealthers getting on the soloers (like happened to me countless times when i was solo).
I did point out that the stealthers would probably lose ;). How's 3-4-5 stealthers adding on a soloer any different from 3-4-5 visibles doing the same? Stealthers get a lot of grief for banding together, but as everyone else does then what are they to do? If you're a group of however many, visible or stealth, & you meet a soloer then let one of you have a go (unless it's a warlock or a monstrel - I hate them so gang up & invite some more friends if you can find em) or leave them be to try & find some solo action.

Though it all depends on where you are - if you're at a bridge or a tower then I think it's all fair game really. Seems there's no such thing as solo at a bridge & towers are there to be defended from one or more attacker.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

[quote="Genedril"]I did point out that the stealthers would probably lose ]

I made a post about this on FH - the problem with adding is that it is a negative definition and so is unclear - I will post the adding rules I suggested - as usual on FH it fell on deaf ears - well most of it. The stuff on feminism got a good reception.

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Fg vs Fg is as fair as it gets, and with the amount of abilities you can get without even having rps these days, it should be possible to do alright against enemies, once again i must say even our grp which is tank grp started out with 2x rr2 tanks, a rr1 warden, rr9 bard, rr8 druid, rr5 druid (often some random druid since our 2nd druid is inactive), rr5 hero and rr4 bainshee did very well, we often kill alot higher ranked albs and mids also, as said, we lose as much as we win overall, and all this is simple because we sort our chars with good templates, which most often can easily be done with help of a few friendly guildies, good tactics, and being able to discuss what ever happens through voice comms. Its alot easier making a caster group though, since we have had our dps problems with this setup, but we keept on with it, and will stay with that. Who ever sais that keeping on is useless must have some kind of sad attitude to achive somthing, its really all about will and being able to learn instead of cry.

If you wanna win against an enemy with better odds, you simple have to outskill them with the players in your group.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Tammuz wrote:The thing is 8v8 isnt always fair, often its very unfair, jsut because you have the same numbers really doesnt mean that much, a fg of random class rr3-4 fighting a fg of optmised rr8+ cannot be considered in the same league, numbers dont make things fair.

have more or less already answered how I think this should be solved in an earlier thread.
And as hrymf said, our gg had couple very low RR's from start as we hade some people in it with more or less newly created chars, ofcourse it will be harder from start, but it's still possible and RR's go up fast.

Still I belive this could be solved with another BG really for those not skilled/experienced enough, they will then get higher RR, (RR5 being cap), and also more RvR experience before real RvR.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Nice thread - nice posts with a few different points of view.

Blimey who'd of thought it - no flames or whines.

Lot of sense posted here, I would love to see a battleground or kind of instance for 8 vs 8 or RR5+ peeps. I know Mythic feel it is Realm vs Realm but ultimately they need to keep their customers happy and that kind of idea may just be the next step we all need to keep us all feeling the end game of RvR is worthwhile.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Belisar wrote:Nice thread - nice posts with a few different points of view.

Blimey who'd of thought it - no flames or whines.

Lot of sense posted here, I would love to see a battleground or kind of instance for 8 vs 8 or RR5+ peeps. I know Mythic feel it is Realm vs Realm but ultimately they need to keep their customers happy and that kind of idea may just be the next step we all need to keep us all feeling the end game of RvR is worthwhile.

True Beli, I wanted to see a BG with a Cap of RR5 to make it easier for less experienced players, Still I could go with the Solo and 8 vs 8 instances, sounds like a good idea also tbh.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Elrandhir wrote: Still I could go with the Solo and 8 vs 8 instances, sounds like a good idea also tbh.
My thought process (flawed as it may be) is...

Solo instances would be open to anyone, not just stealthers but anyone who enjoys that sort of challenge (tanks, casters even bards or battle druids could do well).

Fg vs fg would be the place for the high RR groups, anyone who does not like adding or even the low RR or PuG's who want to test themselves or have a challenge.

Main frontier zones could then be left with the people who want 2 or 22 fg zergs or for people who don't care who adds as the result is the important thing.

Low RR grounds would still have the arguments about adding, zerging, stealther grouping etc that we see now. Although the fights would be a lot fairer if numbers were even.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Belisar wrote:My thought process (flawed as it may be) is...

Solo instances would be open to anyone, not just stealthers but anyone who enjoys that sort of challenge (tanks, casters even bards or battle druids could do well).

Fg vs fg would be the place for the high RR groups, anyone who does not like adding or even the low RR or PuG's who want to test themselves or have a challenge.

Main frontier zones could then be left with the people who want 2 or 22 fg zergs or for people who don't care who adds as the result is the important thing.

Low RR grounds would still have the arguments about adding, zerging, stealther grouping etc that we see now. Although the fights would be a lot fairer if numbers were even.
The ideas are great, there is just a problem, i doubt we have the actually population for this, also, how would you make it impossible to add in the instances anyway?
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”