1.81d

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Edlina
Emerald Rider

Post by Edlina »

One thing I miss so far in 1.81 which was spose to be class and rvr fixes....

There's like only been changes to the heavy tanks, and then a small mid boost by giving the new abilities by speccing in healing lines to main healers from the realms...

Give class changes!
Ed / Edy
Not playing: Mrmotivator ze bard

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

1.82 and 1.83 are hybrid/assassin patches according to Sanaya

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

HappyG wrote:Other than that, as Edlina pointed out, another RP/hour increase, actualy almost 100% at high ranks. I don't really like the fact RPs will be gained 3x as fast as were in OF (reduces the value of past RPs). People worked hard for those RPs, and IMO average RP/h should be the same during the whole lifetime of the game. But I guess thats what people want - insta template, insta ML and insta RR5, but eventualy those easy gained RR5s will be pwned by zergs of RR10s so balance will stay the same...
Let's see it from the other side: How about the new gamer (yes, they are there) who just start - you really want them to spend a year till they have their template and RR5? And let's face it, everything before is just simply a grind.
In this light it is nice to see Mythic adjusting the game in a little way towards new gamers.
On the other hand I assume you don't like pay increases in real life. After all you do the same work day in, day out. Why getting paid more for doing the same old stuff?
Or might there be some hidden things behind this like inflation? Yep, the game changed too over the years.

Convokers and realm points for wood? I only ever seen one convoker (non buffbot) stay at one door repair of a keep for the whole time. Other than that most of them just summoned wood once (or ran out straight of the door) before leaving the repairers to their job.
If you really want to make realm points as convoker, then the fastest trade for this is still tailoring (which almost all casters can do) to get woodworking up.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Kesxex wrote: On the other hand I assume you don't like pay increases in real life. After all you do the same work day in, day out. Why getting paid more for doing the same old stuff?
I'd be pretty pissed off working for $10/h for my whole life, than 1 year before getting retired, they would raise the salary for my workspot to $20 :)
you really want them to spend a year till they have their template and RR5? And let's face it, everything before is just simply a grind.
RR5 is just a psychological barrier. With faster RP gain it also mean average RR of playerbase will raise faster, and power gamers will still be ahead of casual gamers. It just means that "need to be RR5 to compete" will simply become "need to be RR6", "need to be RR7", etc twice as fast.
Or might there be some hidden things behind this like inflation? Yep, the game changed too over the years.
Inflation, above relatively low levels is generally considered as having increasingly negative effects on the economy. So that's not something you'd like to copy into a game :P

But as said, thats my opinion, which I do not really expect to share with many others :)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”