One reason why casters are disadvantaged...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Overdue

Post by Overdue »

The grass is always greener on the other side Gandelf. I wonder what would happen if you played a tank.
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Overdue wrote:The grass is always greener on the other side Gandelf. I wonder what would happen if you played a tank.
I know what would happen, threads like:

Tanks need love
Casters need to be nerfed since i cant get to them before they kill me
Tanks need more ranged attacks
Tanks need baseline ranged stun
Tanks damage needs to be in creased
Tanks need a closest enemy button that selects the best target to kill first

:p
finland:
holland:

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Overdue wrote:I wonder what would happen if you played a tank.
He would make silly tank posts?
look, no hands!

Now retired

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Overdue wrote:The grass is always greener on the other side Gandelf. I wonder what would happen if you played a tank.

I do play a Hero, it's a lot easier and I've not experienced any negative aspects for the class. I have no problem with the Tank at all... in fact it's too easy... so easy that it's boring. Playing a caster is more challenging and subtle.

Thallium
Emerald Rider

Post by Thallium »

I agree to a certain extent with the original poster. Targetting has become more difficult, no matter how you look at it. The people who were very accurate and did fast-clicking to acquire a target won't feel (much) difference, but the ones who were slower to click (i don't give short taps on the mousebutton but am a wee bit slower to release the mousebutton again) will deffo notice that there has been a change.
I guess it all comes down to how fast you were alrdy clicking before this patch came if you have a problem now or not. I know that i gave up playing my caster(s) in RvR due to the hard time i have getting a target at a range to give me enough time to react properly. And i have heard from several peeps who had/have the same problem. It's a bit harsh to refer to the peeps who can't adapt as 'not targetting correctly' or even insinuating that nothing has changed at all and the problem must lie by the one experiencing the problem.

The targetting system has changed, and i don't recall anyone asking Mythic to do so, but it's shafted others who can't adapt to the fast and accurate clicking in the process.

However, implying that tanks have such an easy time in RvR due to the fact that they can F8 target is a bit silly imo. Tanks have a hard time in FG RvR due to the natural NF lag which makes kiting enemies 'lag' just 2 inches out of meleerange even when you have alrdy hit them once, are sprinting and stuck to them (and no not when the tank in this example is diseased).

The balance between casters and tanks is pretty ok atm i think, just the casters who can't adapt are screwed. :P
Sculp
Steady Slobbin
Thallium
Tyligo
Kenpachi
Matje

<TDD> & <Agony>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”