ML10 Farming

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

Oo m8ty ive only just seen u have set a farming for wensday night ... after i putup that i would give it a go for my finall ml10 raid before i start all over agin at the end of the week.. give me a pm in game and we sort something out .. or uwant me to cannel mine?
anyhow pm me m8ty
Kabane

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

I'm happy to have you call the shots on Wednesday evening - we'll all be there for the same reasons (credit and/or loot). The one tactic we didn't try with Draco was pulling with all shrooms on one GT. Pro is that if any shrooms hit, all will hit. Con is that if he PBAOEs on the stack, they're all dead instead of just some of them.

A note though - on Monday evening the ML10 portal moved between 6:30 and 7:00 pm (UK time). It's my understanding that it moves at the same time every day (IRL) which is extremely annoying in terms of organizing a raid during that time. Last night we had people get to the portal (in Atum) just as it was disappearing with the sunrise, only to find that when the sun went down the portal was suddenly somewhere in Meso. Fortunately there are only a handful of islands in Meso, but is the portal is suddenly in Ashen then it's much more of a pain to find.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Finolin wrote:I'm fairly certain that it's not a tethering problem. I believe they are indicated by something along the lines of "Draco cannot be attacked at this distance" when casting ranged attacks, but when you have close shrooms but out of range animist, the shrooms just don't cast at all. I was getting plenty of resist messages, though sadly very few damage messages.

Thanks Ovi for the links. It seems that four wipes in a row are not uncommon, and there is no guaranteed strategy for farming. That said, it can be done if you keep trying, and some spawns are easier than others.

Finolin
Fairly sure the tethering message for shroom doesn't mention distance. iirc one said is resists the spell other says it resists the effect, but I can't for the life of me remember which way round :(

I do think it is unlikely that is the issue though.

Talking of spwans being easy or hard, there was a post on VNboards I saw last night (can't check now from work :( ) that mentioned the level is based on the number of attackers in Celestius at the time. So the suggestion was for all except one to port out, wait for the spawn and then port back in to kill a weaker Draco. I think that is also very unliekly though :)

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

Ovi wrote:Talking of spwans being easy or hard, there was a post on VNboards I saw last night (can't check now from work :( ) that mentioned the level is based on the number of attackers in Celestius at the time. So the suggestion was for all except one to port out, wait for the spawn and then port back in to kill a weaker Draco. I think that is also very unliekly though :)
That's one of the things we did on the raids Puppet led. It certainly didn't hurt, though we only ever had a 1FG + a few alts. Might be worth trying with the larger group. Also, dumping mines at the portal is a great way to cover your back in terms of unexpected visitors from other realms - need to remember to do that as well.

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

I don't have to work this wednesday night, so will be able to stay longer then :).
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

ML10 portal is at 40, 24 in the Stygian Delta as of 1:30, UK time today. It's expected to move again between 6:30 and 7:00 pm tonight.

Erce

Post by Erce »

I can;t make it tonight , have a guild artifact hunt, will try and make sure i amke the next one:-)
Erce..animist (retired)
Erehey..VW (retired)

druid in wow....(retired )

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

Well that worked - finally. Draco wiped us once, but we got our own back with two stacks of shrooms, 3+ animists on each. Still had to fight him down, but the two or three times shrooms hit they did big chunks of damage. Will try again later tonight if we find the portal, it's respawned, and there are enough interested animists.

Finolin

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Finolin wrote:Well that worked - finally. Draco wiped us once, but we got our own back with two stacks of shrooms, 3+ animists on each. Still had to fight him down, but the two or three times shrooms hit they did big chunks of damage. Will try again later tonight if we find the portal, it's respawned, and there are enough interested animists.

Finolin

Well done on finally putting Draco in his place :)

Looking forward to the next one I can attend :)

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

Giving it another go on Monday evening, 7:00 pm UK time. Animists are needed, anyone who needs credit is welcome to join. At this point taking down the first four is easy, but Draco is still very much hit or miss. Still, the weapon/belt drops are nice, so even without Draco it's still worth the effort as far as I'm concerned. Will have a BG up at 6:30, and should have the location of the portal before then.

Finolin

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”