Manners

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

The idea of a fair fight is nice...but since there are always a chance of the other side getting add too imo it really doesnt matter if others add in to help kill the enemy faster. As a ranger Im used to having others interfere with my kills and tbh I dont mind at all.

It's all about target of oppertunity. I also know that I've saved many groups by taking out the enemies healers/casters during their 'fair fights'.

Yesterday I attacked what I thought was a lonly paladin, stupid as I was I forgot about the enemy adds. I got jumped by 4-5 albs.. did I get upset? Yes, but what does it prove? That we're not the only realm who get these 'adds' so I really dont understand why you think our realm should play more 'fair' if the other realms don't. Fair as your fight might have been you can never be sure when enemy adds more to the battle so imo take em out fast using all you got (including people's help who are NOT in your group)

Dunno if this makes sense since I woke up 1 min ago and im so tired I cant see the screen fully :P

Edit: btw, I remember having a discussion about this pre-nf too...then it all went quiet. tbh I thought the ones complaining had grown up ;)

/Ankh

Guinnessrules
Emerald Rider

Post by Guinnessrules »

Hmmmm, is this now an "add-whine"????
Get back to topic imo.
To those getting irritated on rude realm-"mates", just use /ignore on em and don't waste ur energy on getting angry. Or is that command taken away?
Anyway, at some stages u might be easy to piss off, but i wish peeps would have the guts to say sorry afterwards when they have calmed down. After all this IS just a freakin game and if someone feel different seek help fgs.
We r out there to have fun and get some laughs, i know it might be hard when albs zerg-camping oriens bridge(zerg and camp-whineOo) but it can be done if u really try. ;)

Ps. that zerg/camp whine is a joke! :cheers:
NFD
Guinnessrules 50 champ RR4L1
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Dragun still 41 chanter RR2L8
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM
All active atm! (again) :D

AND PROUD FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

[quote="Guinnessrules"]Hmmmm, is this now an "add-whine"????
Get back to topic imo.
To those getting irritated on rude realm-"mates", just use /ignore on em and don't waste ur energy on getting angry. Or is that command taken away?
Anyway, at some stages u might be easy to piss off, but i wish peeps would have the guts to say sorry afterwards when they have calmed down. After all this IS just a freakin game and if someone feel different seek help fgs.
We r out there to have fun and get some laughs, i know it might be hard when albs zerg-camping oriens bridge(zerg and camp-whineOo) but it can be done if u really try. ]

True true, its easy to get upset sometimes but as long as you have the guts to say I sorry afterwards I guess its ok :) And yeah, its not about the add-whine but it seems like it was a touchy subject too :P

/Ankh

Guinnessrules
Emerald Rider

Post by Guinnessrules »

Ankh Morpork wrote:True true, its easy to get upset sometimes but as long as you have the guts to say I sorry afterwards I guess its ok :) And yeah, its not about the add-whine but it seems like it was a touchy subject too :P

/Ankh
Yeah i know m8, was trying to get this car back on the road ;)
NFD
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

You're right... that discussion about adding and not adding won't lead anywhere. Anyways I won't ignore these people, they don't deserve it. They are still my realmmates and I will gladly help any realmmate fighting the enemy as long as there is a chance to win. :)
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

Guinnessrules
Emerald Rider

Post by Guinnessrules »

Adianna wrote:You're right... that discussion about adding and not adding won't lead anywhere. Anyways I won't ignore these people, they don't deserve it. They are still my realmmates and I will gladly help any realmmate fighting the enemy as long as there is a chance to win. :)
I get ur point, but if those people upset u that much that u start thinking about quitting the game u need to put them on */ignore. Cause their really not worth it to ruin the fun for u. That was what i ment, tho i missed clearing that out from the beginning. ;)
NFD
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

[quote="Guinnessrules"]I get ur point, but if those people upset u that much that u start thinking about quitting the game u need to put them on */ignore. Cause their really not worth it to ruin the fun for u. That was what i ment, tho i missed clearing that out from the beginning. ]

Well as I said, I, speaking for myself here, didn't get upset. In fact I feel lucky these people exist, otherwise that evening yesterday wouldn't have been that funny in the end.

European Time Zones:
World Clock - Europe:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

[quote="Guinnessrules"]I get ur point, but if those people upset u that much that u start thinking about quitting the game u need to put them on */ignore. Cause their really not worth it to ruin the fun for u. That was what i ment, tho i missed clearing that out from the beginning. ]

Tbh, there are a few that makes me feel like that..but usually I just take a deep breath, smash my keyboard and log for abit. Then when I get back I cant remember who they are anyway :P

Only 'bad manner' I've seen lately is the BG's..they seem unable to pass on information or atleast give a hint on where they are going next. Makes them pretty useless when you solo and try to keep up with the rest of the hibbies. This is something i've been getting more and more anoyed on lately. Or the fact that people ignore you when you ask them for "important" rvr information. But even though I do get upset and often insta log...I know there is nothing what so ever I can do to improve this. This is also a reason why I never bother to lead raids..I get angry quite fast when people start to ignore the raidleader.

/ANkh

naic
Emerald Rider

Post by naic »

Adianna wrote:Well as I said, I, speaking for myself here, didn't get upset. In fact I feel lucky these people exist, otherwise that evening yesterday wouldn't have been that funny in the end.
If you want the discussion to end why do you keep taunting me? Your posting in a thread about manners you do realise don't you? Hypocrit...
?!

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

You can only taunt a person who allows it to be taunted. It was never meant to taunt anyone. I am just expressing my feelings about it.

European Time Zones:
World Clock - Europe:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”