Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I agree with Gandelf entirely.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Tentative agreement on the relics, perhaps there could be a rejig.

What needs to be kept is the idea that they are difficult to obtain, and require a large well organised force to take them in prime time - it still needs to be a real epic struggle to get them.

However a little extra fluidity wouldnt be a bad thing - one possible solution would be to reduce the relic bonus per extra relic to 5%, but introduce a set of 10 'minor' relics per realm (5 str/5 pwr), each worth 1% for holding addional ones above your own which are homed in normal keeps (with exception of main coastal bridgehead keep), alternatively could have 12, 1 per keep for symetry but would break the +20 cap.

Would make small sorties more productive and perhaps make people sit up and notice more when there keeps and towers are getting hammered while allowing for competing realms to be able to balance things out a bit more by taking small sets of keeps and maintaining more of a fluidity.

May just be a mess though ;)
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

pikeh wrote:haha classic gandelf. All complete bullshit. Any good toa'ed caster takes less than a second to cast a cc spell or stun or whatever, reducing interrupts? good one lol. the ability to remove pvp option? rubbish, DAoCs endgame is PVP. Removing relics? why not just merge all realms together and remove pvp totally, as this is the main objective in rvr (apparently)

At least he posts reasoned Bullshit, even if the reasoning is flawed ;)

/back on topic ...

I wonder if the reaction would have been a little different if the start of the thread didn't mention WoW? Especially on the interrupt point, even before I played wow I made a few posts against the current interupt system, while I don't think interupts can be changed unilaterally, other things would have to be addressed at the same time, I do feel it is one of the most annoying parts of DAoC.

The remaining two points are only an issue because we play on the Euro servers, the US has a Co-Op server to cater for the points raised :)

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

the reason wow has this system is because it is filled with a load of muppets and blizzard doesnt want them to go meh this game is crap i stand 2ft from a mob and cant kill it with spells.
Daoc is more realistic - you are casting an intricate spell and a troll twats you round the head with a hammer:
Would you
A:
Go ouch that hurt but keep casting slighlty hinderd by his first battering <WoW gimps>

B:
Go Oh crap - /g TROLL ON ME <<<< - Quickcaste Stun - run turn DD DD DD DD DD DD DD DD DD DD - Troll dies <Hot heads but know where their dd lies>

C: Quick Cast stun look for others inc - either MoC OR /g need assistance now please assist train <from a macro> and beging to pb while moccing and knowing that a bodyguard will be on you in under 5 seconds.
<RR5+ masters of rvr running with ml10 group>
D: /g Troll on me. utilise your BLADE TURN quick caste any form of CC and back away from the tank <Any one rr1+ who knows what to do>

E: Attempt to keep casting the same spell while you watch the troll eat your face then moan on forum.
<Player who has forgotten what abilities are availible to his characters and how they actually work>

Nuff said.

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Stupid ideas, especially lessen interupt. Lifetap and MoC are overpowered as it is.
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Ethild
Emerald Rider

Post by Ethild »

Whatever you have been smoking. I would like some.
<Severance> GM.
Ethilds RR9 Warden
Minikene RR6 Ranger

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

[quote="Banana"]turn up your computer monitor brightness ]

Aye agree totally there, under water at night time sucks donkey balls! Hate it big time.

On the other subjects, soz for those who like it, but i've disliked WoW even before it got released. It looks like DAoC for 6-year olds with the cartoony graphics. I know someone at my work who plays it, she's a lvl37 hunter or something liek that, and since they got the PvP part she hardly plays anymore. When she logs on, she gets insta-death. People looking to kill low lvl's everywhere.

DAoC casters are good enough atm, no need to make em even better. If something should get changed then it's the fact that rangers are the archers who got screwed most of the 3. Scout get slam, hunters get pets, and we get <holds breath> Selfbuffs!! woohoo, we can gimp ourselves for to get 40 or even higher PF and hit for crap. So that's where my vote would go, make rangers equal to the other 2 classes, or them to us ;). But this will never happen anyway.

Will stop writing now, cause long posts are broing to read :)
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

Thandruil wrote: If something should get changed then it's the fact that rangers are the archers who got screwed most of the 3. Scout get slam, hunters get pets, and we get <holds breath> Selfbuffs!! woohoo, we can gimp ourselves for to get 40 or even higher PF and hit for crap.
Dual Wield is kinda important =]

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Yeah as much as I think archers are nothing but free rps still rangers are defo the best out the 3 cos of DW :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

[quote="Thandruil"]Aye agree totally there, under water at night time sucks donkey balls! Hate it big time.

On the other subjects, soz for those who like it, but i've disliked WoW even before it got released. It looks like DAoC for 6-year olds with the cartoony graphics. I know someone at my work who plays it, she's a lvl37 hunter or something liek that, and since they got the PvP part she hardly plays anymore. When she logs on, she gets insta-death. People looking to kill low lvl's everywhere.

DAoC casters are good enough atm, no need to make em even better. If something should get changed then it's the fact that rangers are the archers who got screwed most of the 3. Scout get slam, hunters get pets, and we get <holds breath> Selfbuffs!! woohoo, we can gimp ourselves for to get 40 or even higher PF and hit for crap. So that's where my vote would go, make rangers equal to the other 2 classes, or them to us ]

rangers are easily the best archers. slam is purged a lot of the time, and there are a few scouts who are realising that high weapon is a good spec, so they dont get owned in melee so much. Hunters are easily the worst of the three, however, the best hunters ive had fights against obviously have high spear skill, the dmg can be sick.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”