Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Bugzy wrote:That's correct.

Ovi has the right idea. You are paying for a service, you are still receiving that service therefore you do not require compensation.

But if a 100% service is when all the servers are up and you can play on any of those servers, then when one is down you're not getting 100% are you?

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Gandelf wrote:But if a 100% service is when all the servers are up and you can play on any of those servers, then when one is down you're not getting 100% are you?
Do you work as a nit nurse? You seem to enjoy nit-picking a lot :o

Trust me, between the CoC, the Eula and any other small print around you have a right to expect sod all for one server being down.

Any compensation given is at GoA's discretion, and if it doesn't buy enough goodwill then goodbye :p

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

(c) Belomar
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ankh Morpork wrote:You mean all 3 realms should get underpopulation bonus this time, right?

/Ankh
hmm yea would work out that way :p ..

dunno youve just broke my brilliant idea with that logical comment there :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Banana wrote:hmm yea would work out that way :p ..

dunno youve just broke my brilliant idea with that logical comment there :p
hehe thought you might have forgotten about the other 2 realm this time ]/Ankh[/B]

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

there are other realms besides hib?
what strange ideas you have master ankh :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Banana wrote:there are other realms besides hib?
what strange ideas you have master ankh :p
Ofcourse there are....aw come on!! You know what I mean...the ones that we usually find beheaded in the frontier laying in pools of blood :)

...no wait, thats us!!!

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

drat you beat me to it in your own post :P
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Xalin:
------------------------
Update:

We're currently testing Prydwen internally and will continue to do this all evening. There will be news up on the official site later today as well.

Some Q&A:

I'm getting a lot of questions I already replied to in earlier Q&A's so if you sent in a question I'm not replying to have a look at the earlier posts it might already be answered.

Q: Once everything is sorted is there any chance of getting a detailed technical description of what went wrong?
A: I can imagine you'd like to hear this just out of curiosity but I don't think it's very likely we'll go into great detail. There is all kinds of agreements between Mythic and GOA about what we can talk about and what not and I think to play it safe we'll just won't speak of it much.

Q: Do you feel GoA is doing enough to inform people through the official channels?
A: Yes and no. I think we could do a lot better but I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people like to claim. I've already explained to you why information on the official site has been scarce and I stand by that explanation.

Q: Why is the broad playerbase not informed about GoA using FH as an official source of announcements?
A: Because FH isn't an official source of announcements. It's a forum a lot of our playerbase read and hence we've been using it to give you tidbits of information. Like I already said sometimes this information wasn't confirmed and ended up being plain wrong. We could never post information like that on our official site.
------------------------

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

[31-08-2005] Maintenance on Thursday the 1st of September (morning)

A short maintenance operation will be carried out on Thursday morning to implement a patch. This patch aims to solve the problem of crashes occuring when consignment merchant listings were searched. The servers will be shut down at around 10.30 a.m. and should reopen before 12 noon.

As finolin said, its odd they work with patches when they do have more important matters atm. But who knows, might be more than one team involved.

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”