Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Takitothemacs wrote:no official word from GOA yet... am not expecting the server to be up before the weekend to be honest though... and thats my personal opinion.

you've got to be kidding me aye? I might aswell quit daoc then. Not gona sit around my comp brousing one forum after another to see if there's any news. I'm getting sick of it.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Satyn wrote:you've got to be kidding me aye? I might aswell quit daoc then. Not gona sit around my comp brousing one forum after another to see if there's any news. I'm getting sick of it.
as I said hun its my opinion... I know nothing official... but judging by the scale of the issue that has been reported... I can see it being that way.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Gandelf wrote:Regarding compensation:-

Although a number of companies have regulations of their own, they are still bound by and subject to consumer law. This is why sometimes you see a clause that says "Your statutory rights are not affected".

How this will affect appeals for compensation, I'm not certain, but it's worth bearing mind. We have consumer rights which may mean that we are entitled to something, regardless of GOA's regulations... but don't quote me on that.

Another thought... one of the purposes of playing DAoC is character progression, i.e. you are working towards improving a character towards the goal of getting him/her to level 50/ML10/the highest RR etc. If you are prevented from progressing you character in such a manner, then you are not getting what you paid for. So, regardless of however many servers you play on, if the main server you play on is down, you are prevented from progressing your character(s) on that server. As it is our right to progress our character(s) we therefore must be entitled to compensation in some form.
About the only thing you might be considered to have a right to is to have access to the servers, which technically you still have. Therefore you have no right to compensation. Any compensation will be a gesture of goodwill, if the gesture isn't enough good will for you then you have a choice, you don't give GoA you future business.

What I am finding annoying at the moment is that for the first time in ages I renewed for 3 months, so I am now stuck with over 2 months left on my subscription so I can't exercise my choice until then. BUT I do appreeciate that was my choice and I only have myself to blame :'(

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

specially for those who moan about getting free days

simple maths
server down = 7 days
you pay for one month each 30 days 12 euros
7/30*12=2,8 Euros

are you really posting because of 2,8Euro's--->thats a beer/week

the big problem is the downtime of the server wich is reall :diss:

hopefully we get any good estimation soon when they will be able to put it back in action

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Satyn wrote:you've got to be kidding me aye? I might aswell quit daoc then. Not gona sit around my comp brousing one forum after another to see if there's any news. I'm getting sick of it.
Go get some fresh air rather than sit in front of your pc waiting for the server to come up :p
look, no hands!

Now retired

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Mojo wrote:Go get some fresh air rather than sit in front of your pc waiting for the server to come up :p
run neked thru de forest, cut de grass, be at one with nature.......... smoke de grass
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Jupi wrote:run neked thru de forest, cut de grass, be at one with nature.......... smoke de grass
Especially smoke it imo :kesxex:
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

Ovi wrote:About the only thing you might be considered to have a right to is to have access to the servers, which technically you still have.
That's correct.

Ovi has the right idea. You are paying for a service, you are still receiving that service therefore you do not require compensation.
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

Alexandrinus wrote:are you really posting because of 2,8Euro's--->thats a beer/week

Im bored (cant play my main on pryd ya see!) :(
Some of us are...whats the word....addicted to daoc!...even though it is crap (imo!) its like a drug really...even though its crap, ya go back for more :(

& if i cudnt have a beer a week, well...

\o/

Edit..

I have a solution!

for some of us Pryd is our main server, so some ppl say that *technically* we are still getting the service we pay subs for, which i agree with, kind of..

So... I say for compensation, GoA/Mythic gives us a 50 of our choice on one of the other servers (such as exc) including all arti's/items/plat thats on our main chars :D

oohh la laaa... prob solved imo :) & for once i will say "well done guys you done me proud" ^^

/em wakes up

:(
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Alexandrinus wrote:specially for those who moan about getting free days

simple maths
server down = 7 days
you pay for one month each 30 days 12 euros
7/30*12=2,8 Euros

are you really posting because of 2,8Euro's--->thats a beer/week

But it's the principle behind it all. Everyone wants their moneys worth surely?

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”