Ovi wrote:No, I don't believe it does.

Then you can trust them "Not to let Prydnet die"
look, no hands!

Now retired

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Heta wrote:It's all my fault :(

I've been rather down for the last few weeks (christmas and all that shit) so havn't been posting at all
bah :(
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

OohhoO wrote:I've been on strike as I didn't even warrant a Happy Birthday OohhoO thread on my birthday :'(

such cheapskates xD
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Genedril wrote:
Maybe Ankh could give us a breakdown of his fav C64 games & we could all chip in for a nostalgia post!!

What a novel idea xD
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Well, there does seem to be a point in what peeps are saying here Lieva. I h ave on good authority that the overmodding has bred some rather spiteful feelings (even among the mods) about the mod policy within this forum - causing quite alot of people to leave pryd.net for the dustbin. Tenpit would turn in his virtual grave if he knew what was happening to essentially what was and still is some people's view as his baby.eek:
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Mojo wrote:Then you can trust them "Not to let Prydnet die"
No, I can trust them to do their best not to let Prydwen.net die. Whether it dies or not will ultimately be out of their hands.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Arcsalin wrote:Well, there does seem to be a point in what peeps are saying here Lieva. I h ave on good authority that the overmodding has bread some rather spiteful feelings (even among the mods) about the mod policy within this forum - causing quite alot of people to leave pryd.net for the dustbin. Tenpit would turn in his virtual grave if he knew what was happening to essentially what was and still is some people's view as his baby.eek:
Swings and roundabouts. Some left because the forum had become too aggressive due to lack of modding <shrug>

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Arcsalin wrote:Well, there does seem to be a point in what peeps are saying here Lieva. I h ave on good authority that the overmodding has bread some rather spiteful feelings (even among the mods) about the mod policy within this forum - causing quite alot of people to leave pryd.net for the dustbin. Tenpit would turn in his virtual grave if he knew what was happening to essentially what was and still is some people's view as his baby.eek:
yea
ive heard that people left cuz X was modding
that the modding was too much
that the modding was too little
that X wasnt modding
that elephants had started eating trifle with sausages...

seriously..you cant say the reason why people dont post here has ANYthing to do with the way this forums is run.

The main reason (i personally believe) that people have left is down to a number of factors

1: people had done everything on their mains...they didnt need anything on them barring the few things that Co5 happened
2: when the servers got merged - to get more people to your event you have to post where people read. FH is where the majority of people view and such so thats where the posts go.
3: people leave daoc and just cba to keep in touch on the forum barring speaking to those friends they have made
4: new people (the few they are) dont know about pryd.net and *may* not klnow about FH either
5: more people use guild/alliance forums to arrange anything.

Prydwen.net was needed in the olden times as there were few alliances, littler guilds, less overpowered classed. We needed each other.
Now, an animist can help a group solo an encounter and other things have changed which makes needing the community insted of a group a lot less.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Why not just close down Prydwen Net as a New Year's resolution? Then everyone would be forced to use FH. It's just a matter of saying that paid subcriptions will no longer be accepted and when all current subscriptions have expired, Prydwen Net will close down

That will sort all the problems out and no-one will ever be able to complain about under/over modding again. If things are getting as bad as people say they are (i.e. everyone quitting) then what's the point of keeping the forum going for the sake of it?

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”