How long will DAoC survive?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster

How long will DAoC survive on the European servers?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:18 pm

More than 20 years
91%
More than 20 years
6%
More than 20 years
No votes
More than 20 years
2%
More than 20 years
2%

Total votes: 53

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

would prolly cause non-english players to quit playing so definatly a possibility of that happening :p (joking btw :p)

some peeps REALLY dont play for the rvr - so the fact there is less on the server doesnt mean a thing really :)

i spose mythic *could* look into server swaps to send the playerbase over to usa but how feasable that would be when theyre run on two different setups (i presume) im not entirely sure.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

If GOA clusters the English servers it will be a change in language on the English servers like the proposal for Glastonbury.
As a business it doesn't make sense to alienate the majority (Non-English) for a minority (English). And the English-speaking community is definitely a minority for GOA, especially as they face competition from Mythic.

Whatever GOA does for W.A.R. - if they open an English server it will end up like the current Spanish DAOC server - if the players on it are lucky maybe as good as the Italian.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

As far as im aware GOA have said in the past that they wont (cant?) merge servers that have alrdy been clustered. Not sure where i saw this might have dreamt it :) - but am convinced they have said this at some point.
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

If they clustered a smaller french server I'm sure it would be with a larger french server & not UK cluster.
If they clustered a smaller german server I'm sure it would be with a larger german server & not UK cluster.
I guess there's nothing more incoming for the UK cluster except maybe the spanish/italian servers (at least without the cluster language being changed to french or german :p)
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Inquisitor Raal wrote:As far as im aware GOA have said in the past that they wont (cant?) merge servers that have alrdy been clustered. Not sure where i saw this might have dreamt it :) - but am convinced they have said this at some point.
Not saying you're wrong but Mythic have done it so don't see why GOA can't.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

Xest wrote:Not saying you're wrong but Mythic have done it so don't see why GOA can't.
well if mythics done it i guess GOA can too :) - the idea must have popped into my head during one of the many daydreaming times that occur at work :(
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Actually, when they introduced clustering in Europe they said that they couldn't return to its previous state after being clustered. Thats one of the things they made sure we were aware of before we voted. Atleast thats how I remember it.

/Ankh

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I thought the new expansion would bring some spark in the game again but from what i heard from a friend the new classes are very OP. Can solo red cons no problem with only 20-30% of your life. Once they are ready for RvR its gona be just terrible imo.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

<ankh> wrote:Actually, when they introduced clustering in Europe they said that they couldn't return to its previous state after being clustered. Thats one of the things they made sure we were aware of before we voted. Atleast thats how I remember it.

/Ankh
Yeah, that's one thing Mythic disagreed with too :p The whole reason Mythic had people with -Servername after their name was because they said it was possible to uncluster if they chose to, it was one of Mythic's selling points for clustering over just outright moving people to a different server using charcopy.
Satyn wrote:I thought the new expansion would bring some spark in the game again but from what i heard from a friend the new classes are very OP. Can solo red cons no problem with only 20-30% of your life. Once they are ready for RvR its gona be just terrible imo.
Some things never change then, Mythic release new char, new char is overpowered ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I just feel i quit at the right time. First i was just gona take a very long break but now i dont see me coming back. Not only because i'm bored shitless in game but also because with every expension they bring out its a lot of hassle to stay on top of the game. But that wasnt the most important thing, to me the spirit of the realm has dropped so much and it wasnt nice to play anymore, cos everywhere i turned you had another dickhead trying to get in a fight or trying to tell you how to play the game.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”