People dont use forums :(

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

[quote="Arcsalin"]Warhammer is already dead before release ]

I thought/think the same about WoW & that didn't make it anymore dead (shame really - I should've tried harder).
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

They'll be a subset of doacers who have absolutely no intention of starting a new game and will play it too the bitter end.

Hopefully, they'll be a pan-euro cluster once pryd/excal population gets to small to be viable and some of us daoc hc can have fun for another couple of years.

(or cluster with US servers? Someone poke requiel. What's the endgame plans for daoc from goa, any ideas yet? Surely that must have entered ur guys minds by now.)
Mael, 50th ment.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Maeloch wrote:They'll be a subset of doacers who have absolutely no intention of starting a new game and will play it too the bitter end.

Hopefully, they'll be a pan-euro cluster once pryd/excal population gets to small to be viable and some of us daoc hc can have fun for another couple of years.

(or cluster with US servers? Someone poke requiel. What's the endgame plans for daoc from goa, any ideas yet? Surely that must have entered ur guys minds by now.)
Yea good point. Merging will ofcourse be the stratergy. I doubt with US though.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Cromcruaich wrote:Yea good point. Merging will ofcourse be the stratergy. I doubt with US though.
Better start learning German &/or French then :D
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

OohhoO wrote:Better start learning German &/or French then :D
never!
it is my right to be dumb :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Maeloch wrote:(or cluster with US servers? Someone poke requiel. What's the endgame plans for daoc from goa, any ideas yet? Surely that must have entered ur guys minds by now.)
arnt there really old games still being run - single servers for old games. Tbh DAOC never need end - just condense...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Banana wrote:arnt there really old games still being run - single servers for old games. Tbh DAOC never need end - just condense...
Games tend to be games like UO or EQ though which didn't need that high a spec machine, Mythic have pushed DAoC up the spec chain with each expansion whilst removing the low end clients. Because of that DAoC needs an average spec machine, the same sort of machine which can be used to play say, WoW. The older MMOs support a playerbase that is still running on Pentium 2's or whatever, the sort of people who can't afford to or don't care about upgrading their PC, they're content staying with these old games because they can run them, DAoC doesn't have that kind of playerbase due to taking the forced upgrade route.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Genedril wrote:I thought/think the same about WoW & that didn't make it anymore dead (shame really - I should've tried harder).
Indeed :)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Xest wrote:Games tend to be games like UO or EQ though which didn't need that high a spec machine, Mythic have pushed DAoC up the spec chain with each expansion whilst removing the low end clients. Because of that DAoC needs an average spec machine, the same sort of machine which can be used to play say, WoW. The older MMOs support a playerbase that is still running on Pentium 2's or whatever, the sort of people who can't afford to or don't care about upgrading their PC, they're content staying with these old games because they can run them, DAoC doesn't have that kind of playerbase due to taking the forced upgrade route.

Or as I mentioned with old games in a rather heated discussion on this forum, there are freeshards also to keep those very games alive also ;)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

OohhoO wrote:Better start learning German &/or French then :D
Oui, das is good, yaa?
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”