About fooking time (tbh)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

One word... "Warlocks!" If they are going to reduce the casting time on bolts, then we may see a flood of Warlocks speccing Cursing to level 48, to get the bolt that does 413 DD. Yes, this will mean they will sacrifce chambers and Hex spells, but they would probably be able to cast the L48 curse spec bolt, the L46 baseline bolt, then another L48 curse spec bolt without waiting for timers to come up at all.

Edit: Yes, I know that Warlocks have capped casting times, but in situations where they are out of range of non-bolt spells, it could give them a significant advantage.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Cromcruaich wrote:No critshot is not equivalent to a bolt - the equivalent would be if the bolt had a gaurenteed critical hit as well.

Archers have increased range and can continue to fire at that range. Bolts are on timers, meaning they are fired, range closed, then rely on dd for damage.

Archers bane surely isn't bolts but nearsight?

Oh and if you're getting 2 shotted its because your resists are crap - thats why fire wizzies have it better then elds, many people skimp on heat resists, whereas noone in their right mind skips on cold.
It's not about the differences, it's about the similarities. I'm must say i'm dissappointed that you havent taken the time to think about the similarities.

Bolts have the "target in combat" issues, which is being fixed. Archers have a very similar issue with "target is moving".

I also never mentioned archers bane. I actually said that Archers could become bolters bane.

You are quick to criticise others for not reading what you have posted, maybe follow your own advice?

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Ovi wrote:It's not about the differences, it's about the similarities. I'm must say i'm dissappointed that you havent taken the time to think about the similarities.

Bolts have the "target in combat" issues, which is being fixed. Archers have a very similar issue with "target is moving".

I also never mentioned archers bane. I actually said that Archers could become bolters bane.

You are quick to criticise others for not reading what you have posted, maybe follow your own advice?
Lo Ovi, we're always on the opposite side of the fence.

If you read back you would of hopefully noted that I infact noted that it could of been useful if I listed what I thought the similarities were, while Erand lists the differences. Guess you missed that.

Also your original quote was
While they are at it they should change the Archers Crit shot ‘target in combat’ restrictions, at least that would counter the Bolters
From this I responded saying that surely nearsight is the archers bane (bane being my wording), from what ive played of my ranger, I find nearsight, which works at around the same range as bow (a little less) to be much more inconveiniant than bolts. Dont know how youve found things with your bow class?

Infact I dont really see how changes to crit shot with target in combat restrictions removed has any specific bearing on bolters. But i'm prepared to be enlightened.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

jerry:

(yea i added this smilie in just for this thread ^^)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

There are quite a few differences between bolts and archery critshots.

However, if Mythic decides to give bolts loving before critshots they will be once again showing to me that they got no clue at all about this game.

The major difference between bolts and critshots is that an enemy can *ALWAYS* avoid being critshotted: Simply move.

Critshots are basically normal shots with a longer draw-timer, twice the damage-cap, cannot crit and cannot be fired on people in combat or moving.

The inherent flaw of unable being to crit on a critshot should be fixed aswell. While that was balanced 5 years ago, nowadays its just another thing holding back archers.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

If they let archers crit on a crit shot then they'd have to come up with a way of making it unable to be a repeatable shot. ATM you can repeatedly critshot people (yeah they need to be stupid or asleep, but it is possible).

If they made critshots easier to get off & also still able to be repeated as quickly as you can draw another one then I'd be happy to take a drop in damage from them.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Genedril wrote:If they let archers crit on a crit shot then they'd have to come up with a way of making it unable to be a repeatable shot. ATM you can repeatedly critshot people (yeah they need to be stupid or asleep, but it is possible).

If they made critshots easier to get off & also still able to be repeated as quickly as you can draw another one then I'd be happy to take a drop in damage from them.

Then remove it tbh, because atm it sux, I don't use it atall more or less on my Bowspecced ranger.

It's a skill that you get to use so seldom that it's almost pointless tbh, and as I said in a earlier post, I wouldent miss it if it was removed, so either change it somehow, or remove it all together and maby give something that is worth to have.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Merino
Emerald Rider

Back to topic

Post by Merino »

Cromcruaich wrote:Oh and if you're getting 2 shotted its because your resists are crap - thats why fire wizzies have it better then elds, many people skimp on heat resists, whereas noone in their right mind skips on cold.
Are you sure? I definitely like to have that confirmed. I was under the impression that bolts are not subject to resist checks, that's why Alaron, Muylaetrix, Aurores and Co. can one shot other casters with heat resits plus druid resists up. I have been personally hit by Alaron and Aurores for 1400+ with at least 40% combined heat resist.
Seems slightly OP to me, especially since they get NS now, and whatever the resist checks the engine makes, grey NS seems to always land on me.
As Ovi said, all other casters may look forward to be one shot even more often from safe distance.

Merino/Yeyi

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”