RP's for PvE

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Briannon wrote:It's not that new - its been on the Gaheris co-operative server for some time where RvR and PvP doesn't exist.
...but since thats a totally different kind of server it IS new for proper servers ]/Ankh[/B]

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Tammuz wrote:Hum so does that mean if you are in the realm, even if you do absolutly nothing and the realm task gets done (like taking a keep for example) you suddenly get RP's :confused: .

The idea of PvE style quests for rps (cos ppl just wouldnt do them for xp) i think is actually the first good idea in ages. The question is how will they balance it, to much and it destroys the time ppl put in to get the rp's before, to little and no one will do them.

Hi Tamm!!

remember what I said a few days ago? you kind of laughed at how unclear the fluff I was talking about special missions etc....

:classic:

It reads well - must go away and think about it. personally I like anything that adds variety and challenge. So I am positive at the outset!

Sharkith

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Maybe now I can take my serv necro out and PL my alts in rps too! :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Ankh Morpork wrote:...but since thats a totally different kind of server it IS new for proper servers ]/Ankh[/b]

Yeah, true, but what the hell, I like being a pedant sometimes :)

:)

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Briannon wrote:Yeah, true, but what the hell, I like being a pedant sometimes :)

:)
Haha fair enough :P

/Ankh

Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

Killder wrote:Something on VNBoards about 250-350 RP's on Pendragon
Is that the solo missions or the group missions, thou i agree thats so low that ppl wont bother (even going to the BG's is far more use)
Sharkith wrote:Hi Tamm!!

remember what I said a few days ago? you kind of laughed at how unclear the fluff I was talking about special missions etc....

It reads well - must go away and think about it. personally I like anything that adds variety and challenge. So I am positive at the outset!

Sharkith
Humm i kinda got the wrong impression of what you were talking about then, thought you meant something different thou seems i was wrong, thought you meant new challenges and althou i like this idea it will be very static not dynamic, ok it has 1700+ missions, but killtasks have alot more then that and im betting (thou in no way 100% sure) that itll be like that - example "go kill 20 mid guards" 2nd example " go kill 20 alb guards", 3rd example " go kill 15 alb guards", a set assassin at set points for the large majority of missions, basically RvR killtasks.

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Sardine wrote:Does that mean we can make custom titles or did I read wrong? Don't want to see Troll Chav Herra x<
You want FatChavChickLuva dont ya pal? :)
look, no hands!

Now retired

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Mojo wrote:You want FatChavChickLuva dont ya pal? :)
rofl ^^

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Looking at this from the point of the not so active RvRer I look forward to this.

What we are seeing is a system to give purpose to RvR like with a raid but on small scale.
While hardcore RvRer look at it and sneer (not really rps) it leaves hugging towers and/or open field still valid. Nothing in the note says this is taken completely away and now the only way is to earn rps using the missions.

So this is in addition.

So it allows someone who cannot put lots of time into making a solid group, run around till they find someone else and fight all over the place a way to earn some rps through a timed action.
That this shouldn't be more rewarding than hardcore RvR should be clear too.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

Mojo wrote:You want FatChavChickLuva dont ya pal? :)
no ^_^
gone...

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”