Lack of hibs on Pryd...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Merino wrote:Typical case of being away and drawing wrong conlusions tbh.

1. Albs are rumored to have taken Crauchon at 5am, there never were many Hibs playing at that time even before Glastonbury
actually someone said it was on social. Will say Albs took Crauchon XX hours ago.
Not a roumer unless youre saying social is broken? :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

[quote="Gandelf"]Hehe... 2 people out of 3,600 on Glastonbury, that's like er... 0.056% (rounded). ]

:p

Thats 2 people I know of.
How many peeps know of others who know who have returned?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

As it was already said a couple of times prior to classic launch, classics will boost DAoCs population on a short, and harm it on a long term.

Personally I played 2 nights on Prydwen since classics. First night was /who 3 on Agrammon, with 2x 4 mid stealthers on bridges and a few visible mini groups, second night mini-iRvR was set up, good RP farm, but boring as fuck with insta respawn and shit.
Numbers might not be low when you look at server population, unfortunelty a good portion of those just come around for a ML raid, or something.
Personaly I gave up with Pryd/Excall for now, and will prolly return in a few months when classics frenzy calms down and people come back...
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Nedo
Emerald Rider

Post by Nedo »

Aran_Thule wrote:thats the problem, unless people help then it is unrealistic, i try my best to get things organised but when you have 50 in emain and less then 3 groups together then your limited in what you can do.

Only by working together can we beat our enemies and until that happens we are fighting a loosing battle and more people will give up and leave.
Ok I see youre point but youre not being very realistic in this either imo. We had 50 Hibs in Emain (only organized group among them was El'da iirc). Was....20? 30? high RR caster Mids (BaF caster group for example) backstabbing us all the time. Add to that the zerg of Albs inside DC with AoD caster setup among them and our little gang would stand nooooo chance what so ever to take DC.

And what exactly in leaving DC in Albs hands over a night is loosing a battle? If we take it back at 23:00 they take it again at 05:00 when no one is on.

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

pryd/exc is a sunken ship.

Classic is the only thing keeping euro daoc alive atm & it will prob keep those numbers for sometime so i wouldnt hold ya breath thinking peeps will return to the ToA servers anytime soon, US classic still has over 3k peeps on it prime time, but the ToA clusters in US are also still 10x more lively than euro.

do a /who <insert lvl number here!> & it always returns with names so finding xp grps = easy, even when not prime time in US. Funny thing is people on US say its not as buzy as it was since classic!, yet theres still over 3k on ToA servers to :-) ...mid alone (which is the under populated realm) has about 600+ prime time :-)

cant remember the last time hib/pryd had 600+ \o/

Also US jus had the ToA patch which makes scrolls/artis alot easier :D ...people are farming scrolls that were once rare (such as RS/MT etc) & they getting 2 or 3 of em within 1/2 an hour :D ....So finally ToA is not a thing to put me off making new chars anymore!

May sound like im going on a bit about US, but ive been on us over 1 month now & im 100% happy with the way its ran compared to euro, little downtime/always buzy & it actually feels like an mmorpg! Only thing im not happy about, is i didnt leave euro long ago to go US tbh.

As said, GoA have sunk there own ship with the amount of f00ks over the past...no matter whos fault it was, it was upto GoA to sort it pronto & it never was, even now people still waiting from the DB fook up, this alone says it all.

One thing i have learnt though, is i will never touch any other mmorpg which has the GoA stamp on it, because they have no clue how to run one properly.

bops ;)
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

And here's where the thread takes a completely different direction from its original.

:lamer:
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

you're reading my mind hun ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Belgerath
Emerald Rider

Post by Belgerath »

[quote="Gandelf"]So how do you kill your enemies? By telling them jokes? ]
http://uk.games-workshop.com/eldar/harlequins/1/
If you are honestly intrested here is where we got the idea for the name :D
Why play cluster when classic is so much better!

Jas
Emerald Rider

Post by Jas »

I've quite enjoyed my little time on Glasto... but it's not Pryd! It's simple as that! As much as I have a love/hate relationship (ok, more hate/hate) with ToA, Pryd is where I still play! True, I'm still in that lull for a few weeks cos I finally got my ani and druid to fifty about a month ago, so not playing Cramalot much, but hey!

Glasto is nice, and it does bring back all the nostalgic memories of when the game first came out for me, but it's not home! I do agree it says something about ToA that so many people went over to Classic, but on the other hand, I do think people will come back after they've levelled a toon or two to fifty...

I dunno... I'm just rambling anyway! I'm going back to bed and listen to the Smiths and Joy Division... I don't feel well godsdammit!

/Jas -Ranger and Battle Bard

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Belgerath wrote:http://uk.games-workshop.com/eldar/harlequins/1/
If you are honestly intrested here is where we got the idea for the name :D

Hmm, interesting.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”