General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

[quote="Trez"]The spec he mentions:

50 LA
39 Main
42 Parry

is one of the most used ones it seems, dps is calculated from LA since as serker u dont use any other styles than LA.

The parry in RvR save a little power for the healer ]

Quite untrue - often Zerks go hammer for the back-snare styles (Conquerer + follow-up) when in an assist-train or they go banespike+vendo+2H to kill that goddamn MOC'ing cabalist NOW in 1vs1.

In both cases a 50 weapon-spec helps your damage there, 50 weapon-spec is better damage with 2H and style-bonus from example Conquerer is calculated depending on your Hammer-spec, and 50+11 > 39+11 :)

More parry is only useful if you attack the berserker in his frontal-arc and to be honest.... that doesnt happen too often in FG RvR. 1vs1 its an entirely different matter tho.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

yes 50/50/28 is the most common and the best specc. Vendo+banespike+2h kills anyone fast.

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

thats always the key for a charge tank,take down the enemy fast,i dont know any high RR BM here wich isnt specced 50/50/28.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

So what is the best spec after Left Axe for a Berserker to train in?
There are Swords, Axes and Hammers to choose from.
Personally, I think that Axe is the best, because then you can use the axe in your main hand with Axe styles, whereas with Swords or Hammers, you would have to swap the main hand weapon with a sword or hammer from your backpack and back to an axe again for Left Axe styles, which is going to slow you down, especially during battle. I know I couldn’t be arsed to swap weapons, because I’m likely to forget to switch back again.
Therefore, the only likely time you’re going to use Sword or Axe styles is when you use a 2-handed weapon. Obviously, there are 2-handed axes too.
I’ve read also that Axe skill also benefits Left Axe skill in some way.
The one plus side to Hammers is that you can do Crush damage, which may be of benefit against certain types of armour.
I can’t see any point in training Swords, because that’s Slash damage, the same as Axe/LA. Also the growth rates for axes (according to Wyrd’s calculations) are generally better than Hammer growth rates.
So is Axe better than Sword or Hammer specs?

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Uhm, I do not see why you need to start swapping weapons with hammer and sword, you will be using LA styles? ( F8 DOUBLEFROSTDOUBLEFROST F8DOUBLEFROST F8DOUBLEFROST :p) which overall has better growth rate ( damage) than the axe,sword and hammer styles. I dont really think sword or axe is much different at all, there is alot of zerkers sword speced because of artifact choices ( battler/malice, sok/croc tooth etc).

Although my berserker is hammer speced I am not sure I would advice this, rear snare is nice but crush damage really is much more of a drawback if you ask me, slash damage is better due to all alb armor being neutral to it and hib support (scale users) having vulnerable to slash armor.

Wont comment on if Axe affects LA in any way, doubt it does. The only thing I am quite sure of is that the second style in the Snowsquall chain seems to calculate damage from main weapon specline ( axe,hammer,sword)
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Gandelf wrote:Personally, I think that Axe is the best, because then you can use the axe in your main hand with Axe styles, whereas with Swords or Hammers, you would have to swap the main hand weapon with a sword or hammer from your backpack and back to an axe again for Left Axe styles, which is going to slow you down, especially during battle.
You can use Left 'Axe' styles with any weapon type, axe, swords or hammer. For example, if you're wielding a hammer in your right hand you have access to all the hammer styles and all the LA styles without swapping anything. Only time you need to swap is when going 2h.

Mostly you'll use LA styles, but there's a few styles in each weapon spec worth having (like Ragnarok in sword, Havoc in axe, Conquer in hammer etc) so it's down to which of those and what damage type you prefer.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Cernos wrote:You can use Left 'Axe' styles with any weapon type, axe, swords or hammer.

That's very interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks! :)

Balu
Emerald Rider

Post by Balu »

For your main weap id suggest swords for "ragnarok" (behind target). As a zerker you ll have many ppl running away with their backs at you.
Balu of the Jungle

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Balu wrote:For your main weap id suggest swords for "ragnarok" (behind target). As a zerker you ll have many ppl running away with their backs at you.
Why not use the rear snowsquall chain in LA then, think it has similar or even higher growth rate. And if you really want another behind style the most usable one would be the hammer one with snare.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”