Plea for Sanity

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gahn

Post by Gahn »

[quote="Qbic"]Well actually the most of the community is not correct here. Sure we all suffered from the lag and crash but it are a few people who keep on whining over and over again so don't make it sound as if the whole prydwen community was posting in these threads. If you look at FH you will find a similarity there that we should prevent from happening. In my opinion (and opinions do differ) it was a good thing to do (locking the thread) as well as bringing some order in the threads by merging them. There is no use having 20 threads about 1 topic or?
So job well done Quin]

As u said opinions differ ^^
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:Ye ofc.
Well I expect my reaction to be pretty different from you. If i would logon tonight and the lag would be there what would my comments be:

**** this lag is unplayable...hmm ****..what to do now. First i will complain a bit on IRC..c6 a bit with Heta and then logout and go do something else.
(cursing included since i would :) )

This prob is what would happen. But i am used to only playing once or twice a week and lately even less. So if i cant play it is not that big a problem to me personally.
finland:
holland:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Qbic wrote:Sharkith mate if you get enough people together willing to move make sure you post it so all the people willing to move can join in. (I have a US account that is non-active so I probably reopen it)
:OohhoO:
I just want to be clear about this. I have not said I am going and I do not believe in snap decisions when one feels angry. This sort of thing needs to be carefully thought through before jumping. Like I said above I am reducing in game commitment to two days AND they have a deadline for things to be better. I will not leave RvR groups on the lurch - that goes for my fun night group on Mondays.

I have had to ask the Monday group to replace me (and I am really going to miss them, we had such a laugh) and will run with them if they are stuck - and as long as they give me notice. I don't want to leave the other group unless it simply becomes unplayable. Even if I was leaving I would feel obliged to give them enough time to replace me.

Then I would move these things need to be worked out. There are real people behind the characters and I don't want to just walk out without working things out for them. Should they decide that they wish to leave - then the decision is a lot easier to make.

So like I said lets wait and see. If others want to move now they should do that. I just believe in taking my time to make sure the decision is the right one. If a group decide to go then all the better it makes that decision easier.

Of course I am not going to leave these forums ;) So we will know after Friday in my case.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Well I won't get into a big argument again, there's no point. I'll just say that I am disappointed (but not surprised, I suppose) that we've added this new reason to lock harmless threads.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Cryn wrote:Well I won't get into a big argument again, there's no point. I'll just say that I am disappointed (but not surprised, I suppose) that we've added this new reason to lock harmless threads.
You forgot the 'imo' ;)
finland:
holland:

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Quinlan wrote:Well I expect my reaction to be pretty different from you. If i would logon tonight and the lag would be there what would my comments be:

**** this lag is unplayable...hmm ****..what to do now. First i will complain a bit on IRC..c6 a bit with Heta and then logout and go do something else.
(cursing included since i would :) )

This prob is what would happen. But i am used to only playing once or twice a week and lately even less. So if i cant play it is not that big a problem to me personally.
So u would be perfectly fine in paying a sub (how low it is doesn't matter) to play 1-2 times a week and even be unable to play properly?
Well guess we got 2 diff views on value of money ^^
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Quinlan wrote:Hey,

FH vent thread
My thread is not a vent thread, its thread to let the commuinity know where to get the issues directly heard..

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

You just care less when your in casual mode Gahn, im not bothered about these probs for the same reason Quin is. I havent played for 2 weeks and i am happy not to play till all this is fixed, however there was a time when this would have bothered me and I feel for those who play full time. Maybe Quin just forgot what it's like to be a daoc junky :p
look, no hands!

Now retired

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:So u would be perfectly fine in paying a sub (how low it is doesn't matter) to play 1-2 times a week and even be unable to play properly?
Well guess we got 2 diff views on value of money ^^
Yeah i am fine with that. Personally i dont think (think i pay 60 euros every 6 months or so) is something to get fussed over. You spend more money on one evening out.
Mojo wrote: Maybe Quin just forgot what it's like to be a daoc junky :p
I never had the time to become one :(
finland:
holland:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Rejecta wrote:My thread is not a vent thread, its thread to let the commuinity know where to get the issues directly heard..
Ow never checked the thread tbh..just got it from: Unleash your anger thread Satyn posted. But your comment made me look and esspecially the last post from HappyG lifted my..ermm..spirit

Edited it to a more appropriate thread
finland:
holland:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”