DAOC Status

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Catacombs does polish DAoC up a lot, the new classes unbalance things a bit too much sadly and put it back to being as unbalanced as the old savage days (Warlock DoT can kill anyone with upto 1800hps from 2500+ range away if they don't manage to get heals, also as well as their chambers they can do 5 uninterruptable casts meaning they can easily solo about 3/4 people at once. Hopefully Mythic will sort it out soon though, but then BDs, never got sorted out so perhaps not :p The models are mostly pretty crappy, I and most people I know have turned them off but those are the only bad points really - the new classes imbalances and the crappy new models.

All in all it's pretty good other than that though, tbh other than the new classes you wont notice any difference if you RvR, it's purely a levelling expansion just with a few nice new +stat cap items. In the grand scheme of things the new classes have gone a long way to balancing populations - everyone wants a bainshee/warlock/vampiir whilst no one wants a heretic so that's pretty good for the game in general as it means Mythic can now start working on overall realm balance without having to worry about the population effect on that. Oh and Darkspire is damn good fun to do once in a while, it's a pretty fun challenge for a decent full group.

Treeeebeard
Emerald Rider

Post by Treeeebeard »

Noooo dont leave Awarkle, Still trying to get RR5 so i can do a crazy animist shroom form run like we did in the NF beta testing ;). Tbh After playing on US servers the only time i realy ever experience lag is when i was in Thid but besides that it ran better, Althouhg when i met the mids in Thid the lag was even worse but tbh i dont find the lag to bad on these servers anymore, Havnt realy ever had Bad LD's anyhow.

Oh yeh banananananana, I carnt wait for catacombs to level a vamp :banana: :cheers: :D
Hib/Pry
Marsh horde
Treeeebeard Hollowhead <Animist> ML10 RR5 Grandmaster talior

Alb/Exc

TheBigSmurth <Sorceress> 50 RR2

:treeee:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

but middy warky :(
play hibby insted :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Ankh Morpork wrote:What ingame aggro?? I really doubt any 'ingame aggro' is the reason for people leaving the game..

/Ankh

Don't be so sure of that Ankh...

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Briannon wrote:Don't be so sure of that Ankh...
thats why I said that I DOUBT instead of im sure :)

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”