zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

anyone up for making a xp group? :)
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

Gandelf wrote:Also, I don't know about you, but the fact that Mythic (and subseqently GOA) have decided to introduce "Classic" servers, suggests only thing... that ToA was a mistake. Why else would they introduce new servers without ToA? Obviously, thousands of players have told Mythic they don't like ToA... there is no other reason. If players were happy with ToA, then Classic servers would not have been introduced.
Elrandhir already said much of this, but you're making a jump in logic which isn't supported by the facts. Mythic and GOA are introducing new server types because different people want different things out of the game. Some people like TOA, some people don't, and introducing new server types gives people the freedom to chose how they want to play. I enjoy TOA so I'll be staying where I am, but I'm glad the new servers are being introduced so other people can do as they like.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Hemuli
Emerald Rider

Post by Hemuli »

zz, again less players at mainservers for like 2-4 weeks :(
- murr -

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :|

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Wyst wrote:Quick Question

Will Darkness Rising expansion be applied to the classic servers? ie can folks just do the upgraded epics/champion level stuff and therefore get a reasonably useful set of kit to play with?
ARS (= Alternative Rule Set) server means no access to ToA and no access to buffs out of group and more than 5000 units away from the buffing character. Everything else will still be in place, including SI, Catacombs and of course Darkness Rising when it's released as far as I know.
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Will stick to normal servers.

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Sleezer wrote:I can't wait to see all the people who roll casters waiting for power and complaining that they don't have FoP.

It'll be fun!

:mojo:
Don't forget the vnboards whine about how people wanted cure ns on classic. It was funny, well, still is.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Gandelf wrote:I am looking forward tremendously to this server.

Also, I don't know about you, but the fact that Mythic (and subseqently GOA) have decided to introduce "Classic" servers, suggests only thing... that ToA was a mistake. Why else would they introduce new servers without ToA? Obviously, thousands of players have told Mythic they don't like ToA... there is no other reason. If players were happy with ToA, then Classic servers would not have been introduced.

All along, players have been saying that the game was developing in ways that were not fitting to the original concept of the game.... it finally looks like their voice has been heard... for once, I am happy! :)
dont know why anyone would be that excited about it. its really not that good and with access to SI/Catacombs anyway its nothing like what classic was.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

pikeh wrote:dont know why anyone would be that excited about it. its really not that good and with access to SI/Catacombs anyway its nothing like what classic was.
Yeah and with darkness rising it will be pretty much like it was with toa. Only that you don't have mls (which are easy to do anyway) so no cure ns, grp cure dis, fop.

Game isn't balanced around toa utility weapons without those abilities. :)

I'm guessing it will go down the camlann way, it will be full with people for a while, then a 50% population drop, then it becomes smaller and smaller until it's unplayable.

zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

no buffbots sounds good to me though

but that's probably because I'm the only one without a BB oO
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

There isn't any point rolling on a classic server if you have a ToA'd char, and everyone now has a ToA'd char, would just be a waste of time, the game will be mildly different.
gone...

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”