Anyone else still waiting for their shit?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

There is some irony in here sadly for those whose accounts are closed and who has had toons stripped.

The account must be open in order for the items to be restored. Therefore you must pay £8 to keep it open but ofc the toons are stripped so they are pretty unusable and therefore the £8 is a waste.

I had my items sorted but even to me this does not seem fair.

I woud imagine the numbers in this position are low and therefore think GOA should look for a solution - even if it means an individual adjustment to each case.

Perhaps they have tried and it is not possible but sadly as they have not said anything other than your account must be open we simply do not know.

This still leaves as our taste in my mouth, the whole situation may have been unavoidable and stuff happens but a good community has been messed about and too many individuals are going to be lost as a result.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Scabs wrote:Just beyond a joke now. GoA must have think that if the forget about it people still missing there stuff will.

It's been a month now and still not got shit not even a HUMAN response. I will not be renewing my account until I get an email saying muy stuff has been restored.

Requil what the fuck are the idiots in your office doing? I take it they have stopped work on the prydwen problem to get there lovely little ptach done.

GoA your a pair of mis-matched clown shoes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I've been given an offical warning for the above. If this post has offened anyone in anyway please accept my apology. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't give you the warning this time round so I'm not sure why you bitched at me in a PM about it or why you've now added the previous warning message to your sig. however looking at your post it's clear this second warning was also well deserved anyhow.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Belisar wrote: This still leaves as our taste in my mouth, the whole situation may have been unavoidable and stuff happens but a good community has been messed about and too many individuals are going to be lost as a result.

I am one of those with a stripped toon on a closed account. Basically the message said relog a call when the account is reopened, so if I do ever want to use the account again I would guess the details are on file and items can be restored fairly quickly. Although i would be a little concerned about being able to get back any items that may have been missed if I open the account in 3 months or more.

Things could have been a lot worse, if GoA hadn't talked Mythic out of "a complete database wipe" Prydwen would be completely dead.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Requiel wrote:... we talked Mythic out of a complete database wipe (all character data on Prydwen)
This kinda leaves me wondering what would have happened after a complete wipe.
Would Prydwen just have been turned off for ever?
Would any compensation have been offered?
If so what?
Would any compensation have been offered to _all_ Prydwen players?
or only those which GoA have decided should be classified as English players, like the free days? It seems lots of Prydwen players didn't get those, due to GoA having erroneously classified them under the wrong nationality, and apparently no-one at GoA knows enough SQL to manually correct their database entries.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

clearbrook
Emerald Rider

Post by clearbrook »

awarkle wrote:unfortunatly blame french working laws that state and absolute maximum number of hours anyone can work. Which means even if requiel or the other gms sayed fancied working 25 hour days (until they have like total burn out) they cant the law wont let them :)
I probably also stops them putting the peons into "clockwork orange" head clamps so they can be kept eyes open and awake 24/7

http://features.engadget.com/entry/7820483271647926/

Kelalle
Emerald Rider

Post by Kelalle »

well , still waiting on my second account , currently has 4 totally useless chars on it .
Account runs out in 4 days , and was on a 3 month sub . Tbh , as i've already said , if it expires b4 they fix it then expect me to pay to re-open it after not being able to use it so long cause of this mess ... well ... thay can damn well go **** themselves .
Prydwen
Cueair - Bard -
Malanari - 50 Vampiir -
Galagah - 50 Ranger -
Numerous other alts ...

Glastonbury
Malanari - 50 Warlock
Bonieari - Bonedancer
Roonie - Runemaster
Anerae - Valkyrie

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

The EU imposes maximum working hours for a week, the UK had an opt. out scheme so you could work longer if you wish but the EU has/are trying to take that away. God knows when when on one hand the EU preaches human rights and on the other they take them away.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

clearbrook
Emerald Rider

Post by clearbrook »

Xest wrote:The EU imposes maximum working hours for a week, the UK had an opt. out scheme so you could work longer if you wish
Yes, that was so that all the "Junior Doctors" could all "volunteer" to work 56 hour shifts in the NHS hospitals every weekend.

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

Ovi wrote:Things could have been a lot worse, if GoA hadn't talked Mythic out of "a complete database wipe" Prydwen would be completely dead.
Is there any evidence to suggest that GOA and Mythic had a conversation along those lines? And from where are you pulling the quote "a complete database wipe"?

Edit - found it thanks to Xest.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Xest wrote:The EU imposes maximum working hours for a week, the UK had an opt. out scheme so you could work longer if you wish but the EU has/are trying to take that away. God knows when when on one hand the EU preaches human rights and on the other they take them away.
its likely that the attempt to remove the long hours people work will all vanish though, given that our new 'President' is kinda right of Thatcher.....
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”