Late Night Duelling ...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

yes duelling is a *serious* offense. The 2k they gain sitting around for an hour will have a major impact on the charts and will be the bringer of doom and damnation for us all.

Seriously why is this such a big deal?

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Bourkey wrote:I tried to PM your ranger? but not on. Dont see why you wanted me to PM though, whats wrong with continueing a disscussion here? And my point about it being fun was constructive in my eyes as i see theres nothing wrong with it. It happens late at night for a reason because not alot of people about and the few people about just do a few emotes and start dueling, i dont see what solution needs to be found?

And about the stealther community, being a ranger i am part of the stealther community but you are bringing in another issue which is adding which is a different situation. Finally, i believe Mythic said they would not bring in a 1vs1 instance dueling arena, onlly grped? and as far as i know many people have tried to push it through before to no avail.
My ranger has been on for the past 4 hours, obviously you aint looking properly :P

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Arcsalin wrote:My ranger has been on for the past 4 hours, obviously you aint looking properly :P
Well i logged on one of my chars /send arcsalin as is only name i know to contact from your username. This user isnt online came back made the post.

/edit also dont see the point, as everyone else is discussing it here, why take it to pm.
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

I'd just like to hear one valid point for why duelling is bad. Please tell me.

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Theres is no reason, people wanting to meddle in others fun..I don't see the problem if both party's are consenting.

Why people can't leave people do what they want is beyond me, its not hurting anyone, 5/6k rpts won't make a difference to anything..it sounds to me like the OP is up in anti because the only kills around were dueling, so instead of joiing the fun he comes here to declare himself royal bounty hunter..Beware!

Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

hay guys i found this post intresting so i did a little digging i have checked CoC and also done search's and found that if you were to of aranged it ViA a 3rd party they yes it would infact be agesnt CoC <most of us knew this anyway> but unfortunalty if it was not done via a 3rd party then it is not agest CoC i refure to a small section ..

"You are free to show mercy, honor or bravery in RvR, but you should notice that it is not an obligation and other players are not bound to follow the same rules as you. You must learn from your enemies, know their advantages and their weaknesses, remember who were loyal and who betrayed you"

i think you find that not attacking the others "Watching" the duels was an act of mercy on there behald and was rewarded when they others dueled and were not attacked by other watcher's..

If you partake in a duel then you would be "Learn from your enemies, know their advantages and their weaknesses".

i also bring your atention to a nother part i found

"Many players have been wondering what was the official stance of the event team regarding duels. In order to answer this question, we need to clarify what is hiding behind this simple word; duel.

- The unexpected duel, one versus one, leading to the death of the escape of one of the two fighters.
- The organised duels with “healer” classes, able to bring back to life slain players.

In the first case, it is an honourable (or not so honourable) duel, with which we have no problem as long as it is unplanned and exceptional.

In the second case however, we face an alteration of the game, allowing players to do what we call “RP farming”, the act of “farming” realm points doing many “controlled” duels and sparing the healing classes. For such situations, we will not take direct sanctions against the players even if it is an alteration of the Gameplay. However, do not be surprised if your whole party is slaughtered by wandering guards, friendly jousts have no place when there is realm war going on"

from what i have seen and heard about rvr duels healers Dont heal nor do they rezz the dead in the duels..

and even if they did you can clearly see that CoC says "we will not take direct sanctions against the players even if it is an alteration of the Gameplay"

So my feeling on this matter is If they want to duel GO for it you learn a lot about other classes of enemys when you do.

Cheers Kabane

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

We do consider this sort of thing to be against the spirit of the game. Organised duelling is not allowed and will be punished. The people involved will find themselves unable to play over the weekend. When players who are trying to play the game properly in the manner that it's supposed to be played (i.e. attacking realm enemies) are being harrassed for it by players who are setting up organised duels it is clear that something is wrong.

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

Requiel wrote:We do consider this sort of thing to be against the spirit of the game. Organised duelling is not allowed and will be punished. The people involved will find themselves unable to play over the weekend. When players who are trying to play the game properly in the manner that it's supposed to be played (i.e. attacking realm enemies) are being harrassed for it by players who are setting up organised duels it is clear that something is wrong.
Just to be clear, the "attacking realm enemies" bit means everyone who complains about adds from their realms are attempting to play contrary to "the manner that it's supposed to be played"?

I don't RvR enough to care personally, but I like to understand the rules.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

ok after reading both what Requiel and whats in CoC i think i can safely say.

1st Out of realm duels will not be "Punished".
2nd Watching a duel is ok
3rd Adding on a out of realm fight (ie any RvR action) Will be "Punished"
4th Harrassing ppl for for adding in or attemting to add will be "Punished"
5th Organising a out of realm duel is "Punishable"
6th Starting a out of realm duel on the spiur of the moment will not be "Punished"

Plz can u conferm or Amend if this is incorrect and also plz state and quote where this is incorrect in the avent of an Amendment, we do like to know where we stand with regards to rules. but when there is conflicting infomation it make it hard for us to abide by the rules.

your explnation would be helpfull inorder to pervent firther mishap's

Thx Kabane

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

Where did he say that adding is punishable?

After reading the rest of your post I clearly see that you didnt read Requiels post properly so I suggest you re-read it a couple of times until you understand what he is saying.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”