regarding clustering

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Banana wrote:if you mean i dont rvr like te dedicated ones out there or more than once a week then yes youre correct. However i do rvr sometimes - when sel drags me kicking and screaming ^^ (if im not too tired/busy <and by busy means making arrangements with someone as little as scroll hunting> which unfortunatly i normally am)
And my ranger got Fools bow to level 10 purely for RvR puroses ^^
But still :p this was about killing fellow realm mates in rvr! :D that would make anyone rvr surely :flame:

Less PVE imo and more nana kicking some enemy butt more often tbh ;O

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Briannon wrote:Yet. WoW battlegrounds are now in testing so watch that space.

4 people possibly leaving that I know off. Please don't be so cocky to assume that no others are thinking the same way.

Mostly I respect your views Quinlan, even if I don't always agree with them, but the point I am making is that GOA, and to an extent the European player base cannot be complacent about the current game population. To assume that one action (in this case clustering) will lead to improvements, without considering the down-sides, could be a very dangerous thing to do. All I'm trying to point out is that if one particular course of action is followed it does not automatically follow that everything will get better for everyone.

Also, one other thing not mentioned so far in the clustering debate is that when they did it in the States, all the population bonusses were re-set to the default i.e. all servers, for a while had the 7 day timer for the free level. Would the Prydwen community be happy if the 2 day free level was lost and restored back to 7?
Brian,

Just as you do i (in this case) only look at it from my POV. I basically only RvR with my only chars i have on Hib/Pryd. I couldnt care less if i can or can not play on the other 2 realms.

As for the population bonusses. I also dont care that much since i dont PvE. The BP issue also isnt that much since with clustering there will be more guilds to claim keeps/towers.

Also alot of people i know will be renewing for Clustering. I _assume_ this will be more then the amount of people leaving.

Ofcourse i understand your concerns as you like other things in game then i do and (lucky you) have enough time to play on multiple realms. But in regards to clustering these are my reasonings why i would love it.
finland:
holland:

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I agree with Quinlan, but not like him I just think people who vote against clustering are selfcenterd idiots
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Heta wrote:I agree with Quinlan, but not like him I just think people who vote against clustering are selfcenterd idiots

Or maybe they are people who've played on clustered servers, know what clustering means for the european servers, and might (unlike some) actually know wtf they are talking about.

It's those who say "this game is only about RvR" and "RvR is the only thing worth playing" who are the self-centred idiots, not the people who are trying to promote a wide and varied game experience for ALL players.

Apologies to any dedicated RvR person who is not a self-centred idiot but Heta has finally managed to make me lose my temper.

:angry: :flame:

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

But this game is only about rvr :bunny:
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Heta wrote:I agree with Quinlan, but not like him I just think people who vote against clustering are selfcenterd idiots
<holds shotgun>

"Your not from around here are you?"

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

baah, cant figure out which movie you are quoting :(
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Heta wrote:baah, cant figure out which movie you are quoting :(

Actually its Bill Hicks.

Briannon