could use bree i guess :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Gandelf wrote:...three things I would like to see changed in DAoC:-

1. Interrupt reduced for casters. Interrupt is a killer in DAoC, especially when you're getting ganked. Casters should have less interruption of their spells. WoW is more "caster-friendly" and interruption only really increases the length of time before you successfully cast a spell... but you will cast it eventually. In DAoC if you get interrupted you have to start casting again... but you get interrupted again. Having played WoW and then coming back to DAoC, interrupt was the first thing that really annoyed me... I forgot how bad it was.

2. PvP enable/disable. In WoW, you can safely go about your business without the fear of getting set upon by the enemy. As long as you don't do certain things, like enter enemy cities or attack a player who is already PvP enabled or attack an enemy PvP NPC, you are safe from sporadic attacks. You can also enable PvP mode by typing a slash command. So basically, you choose when you want to PvP and you don't get insta-attacked by the enemy on sight. DAoC should be the same. You should be safe from enemy attacks until you enable PvP mode.

3. Get rid of the relics and the Frontiers. Relics are a bit "old-fashioned" now and don't really mean anything, in fact they are boring... especially now that they are harder to defend and capture. I think the frontier zones should be removed altogether and the homelands of Albion, Hibernia and Midgard opened up for all players from all 3 realms to travel freely... with certain areas as "no go" that would enable PvP if an enemy entered them (as in WoW).

haha classic gandelf. All complete bullshit. Any good toa'ed caster takes less than a second to cast a cc spell or stun or whatever, reducing interrupts? good one lol. the ability to remove pvp option? rubbish, DAoCs endgame is PVP. Removing relics? why not just merge all realms together and remove pvp totally, as this is the main objective in rvr (apparently)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Gandelf, be honest now - You wrote this post only to get these kind of reactions or you honestly belive in what you said?

/Ankh
Why do you always say what I think?
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Satyn wrote:Why do you always say what I think?
Cos I know what you want to say/do...and thats why my next comment will be *I think satyn should post nude pics of herself in the forum*

/Ankh

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Gandelf, be honest now - You wrote this post only to get these kind of reactions or you honestly belive in what you said?

/Ankh

I agree with Ankh on this one. He is right. I like to inject a bit of controversy into the forum.

I am serious about the interrupt though. What I like about WoW is that you get a graphical representation of interrupt in the way of a timer bar (see attachment).
As you're casting a spell, your bar fills from left to right. When it reaches the right hand side of the bar, the spell is discharged. If you get hit by melee while the timer is still filling up, there is a chance that you will be interrupted. If you are interrupted, the timer will drop back down by so much. Depending on the speed of the attack from the enemy, the timer bar can be knocked back two or three times. But, eventually the timer will complete its sequence and you will cast the spell. It's a far better system than DAoC's interrupt timer, in my opinion. With DAoC, if you get interrupted, the spell fails completely, that's it! You have to start casting again, but it's virtually impossible, you might as well not bother and sit down and wait to be killed. It is ridiculous and urgently needs looking at. Not every caster wants, or can afford to have MoC.

As for frontiers... well, yes I do like them really, but it would be nice if you could venture into the frontiers with PvP disabled, if you wanted just to farm mobs and level your artefacts. The Frontiers are the best place for levelling your artefacts, so why should you not be able to do so without feeling in danger of being ganked by enemy realmers? Are there not players who would like to do that? If not, then I am alone... but somehow I don't think I am.

The relics are a joke at the moment. Let's face it, Mythic got it seriously wrong when Frontiers was initially released. If you got three relics safely behind your wall, then it was near impossible for the other realms to capture them. Then, Mythic decided to change that and implement patches that made it harder for you to hold onto enemy relics, but your own were virtually impregnable to attack and capture. What's happening now is that each realm is slowly getting (or has already got) their own relics back, so that neither realm has extra power or strength... a sort of stalemate situation, if you like.

This fact means that the original concept behind defending and taking relics has been made a mockery of. They might as well not exist.

Let's face it, going to the frontiers is really about earning realm points, so that you can increase your realm rank and purchase new realm abilities. You don't need the relics to do that, you can do it without them. The relics are therefore redundant.

Mythic need to take a serious look at relics, maybe introducing more of them and changing they way they are defended and attacked. This would again make relics more important and enhance realm wars greatly. At the moment, the relics are a joke... serving no other purpose than ornaments.

twinga
Emerald Rider

Post by twinga »

tbh mostly of the stuff gandelf said would kill the game :P

Unique 2 things i think should be changed in Daoc is;

1- Mezz, inmunity vs mezz after you already been should be longer tbh, is a piss sometimes when you cant do anithing in the game just becuase you being mezzed all the time 1 after another time.

2 Relics, i think relics need a change but not of course what gandelf said.... but contrary, i mean make them more important in the rvr and make them a bit another end game more than they are atm.
The unique thing they could make to made rvr more atractive for non 8v8 groups and non soloers (stealthers), i mean for all other classes, would be to give them a end game for them (and for 8v8 and stealthers too of course :P)and that would be possible making ALL relics to be in NORMAL keeps, and yes with all i mean all relics :P, by that way you would manadge lot of fun for the actual dead rvr.
Things that could bring this new relic system;
* Every realm should keep all relics in normal keeps that means that you will have to put them some in more safe sites (as where hibs had them lately), but then others should be put in sites harder to def and nearer to alb/mid drop points (looking in hib eyes) + some should be in keeps with not teleport system at all.
* Looking the last point that would means none realm will be able to keep a great amount of relics at same time, as the more you get the harder you will get to defend them.
* Would make relic to have a point in rvr where actually ,if werent becuase the enemy relic hibs own, they dont have.
* Of course would create more moving around in the frontiers as people would feel like they really have a chance to get them.

I know some poeple would say that by this way relics will be always moving around, but well tbh i would prefer that than the actual relic situation where they are just plain and simple useless, and with the moving of relics around would let people to see their characters with +10% or +%20 damage sometimes :P

Maybe to aboid so much moving around, could be put a timer too in relics, i mean when you capture your own relic you have some days, maybe 1 or 2 weeks where you can put them into the frontiers walls, but after that days you need to put again in a normal keep.
Dont know but tbh anothing to make relics have a point in the game :P

Laterrr :)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Cos I know what you want to say/do...and thats why my next comment will be *I think satyn should post nude pics of herself in the forum*

/Ankh

haha that's for your eyes only :noangel:
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Gandelf wrote: As for frontiers... well, yes I do like them really, but it would be nice if you could venture into the frontiers with PvP disabled, if you wanted just to farm mobs and level your artefacts. The Frontiers are the best place for levelling your artefacts, so why should you not be able to do so without feeling in danger of being ganked by enemy realmers? Are there not players who would like to do that? If not, then I am alone... but somehow I don't think I am.

The relics are a joke at the moment. Let's face it, Mythic got it seriously wrong when Frontiers was initially released. If you got three relics safely behind your wall, then it was near impossible for the other realms to capture them. Then, Mythic decided to change that and implement patches that made it harder for you to hold onto enemy relics, but your own were virtually impregnable to attack and capture. What's happening now is that each realm is slowly getting (or has already got) their own relics back, so that neither realm has extra power or strength... a sort of stalemate situation, if you like.
Actually, the reason you do get exp for all your artis in the frontier is cos of the risk your taking... and the relics, you've been away for abit havent you? There's been quite a few relic raids and it really isnt as impossible as you think it is to get them (but who said it was to be a piece of cake?) Just before you came back we had 4 artifacts in Hib...

/Ankh

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Satyn wrote:haha that's for your eyes only :noangel:
jejeje xD Hola <throws sombrero up in the air>

In your face Danny! ]/Ankh[/B]

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

i only read your first post here, and and ... and and ...... and ... mate you ever played a tank here

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”