Deleted Thread on FH - read here (concerns Synergy)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I agree with Kallima - the thing is that its easy to get all worked up and act in a bad way towards others...but even though your worked up you really should think twice before insulting or what ever you decide to do.

/Ankh

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Lairiodd wrote:A possible rule would be that groups can be locked. You can set a flag that you want to play fg vs fg only. If any member of your group is attacked by another group with this flag set, then both groups are locked. Groups that are already in combat with a group without the flag set cannot be locked. When locked, neither group can be attacked or aided by chars outside the group. This would apply to heals/buffs/rezzes and croc tear ring like effects as well as debuffing / DDing the enemy group. (Hmm, this would mean that buffbots wouldn't be allowed as they are out of group ... so maybe an exception ?).
Some nice ideas in that post. Would certainly not make the exception here though, it would be a good way to kill off BBs for FGs :)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Hrymf wrote:Very wrong that, thats called revenge. And surely just because one person do wrong dont mean you can do the same?

Just because someone scam ingame, dont mean its okay for you to scam also, does it?

Just because someone play retarded in your opinion, it dont really help to play the same way, does it?

And to make a bit silly RL example, just because someone kill your bro, dont mean you can kill that persons bro, does it?

What I meant was that the "Do unto others as they do to you" principle has both negative AND positive implications. If you are bad to someone, chances are they'll want revenge. Conversely, if you do someone a favour, chances are that they'll reciprocate by doing you a favour.

RvR can be both a negative or a positive experience, depending upon how players conduct themselves.

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

What I meant was that the "Do unto others as they do to you" principle has both negative AND positive implications. If you are bad to someone, chances are they'll want revenge. Conversely, if you do someone a favour, chances are that they'll reciprocate by doing you a favour.
Which is why the principle isn't "Do unto others as they do to you", it's "Do as you would be done to", i.e. treat everyone as you yourself wish to be treated, regardless of how they behave towards you.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Lairiodd wrote:A possible rule would be that groups can be locked. You can set a flag that you want to play fg vs fg only. If any member of your group is attacked by another group with this flag set, then both groups are locked. Groups that are already in combat with a group without the flag set cannot be locked. When locked, neither group can be attacked or aided by chars outside the group. This would apply to heals/buffs/rezzes and croc tear ring like effects as well as debuffing / DDing the enemy group. (Hmm, this would mean that buffbots wouldn't be allowed as they are out of group ... so maybe an exception ?).
I can see possibilities in this. Personally I think a combat should only be locked if both groups or both soloers have the flag set. If either party don't have the flag set then one of them is by default either willing to accept help, or willing to take on additional enemies. Possibly a combat should also only be locked if there are equal numbers on each side so it is a 'fair' fight, if such a thing exists.

It would avoid the arena instance sort of solution, where rvr is watered down to being similar to sitting round in a circle and duelling.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Satyn wrote:Another thing that pops in mind is, you have Ankh yelling for help while hibs are watching him get killed. They dont help. So they dont help cos they think the alb or mid doesnt want hibs to help their mate?
No its was because its Ankh :D

<group hug>
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Nedo
Emerald Rider

Post by Nedo »

Omg...I thought reading a bit of pryd.net would make my friday afternoon at work more fun...but my heads spinning now ...

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Kallima wrote:I can see possibilities in this. Personally I think a combat should only be locked if both groups or both soloers have the flag set. If either party don't have the flag set then one of them is by default either willing to accept help
This is what I meant, it is only locked if both groups have the flag set.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Tenpit
Emerald Rider

Post by Tenpit »

Reza wrote:Few thoughts:

3) The idea of cross forum 'Mod camaraderie' is at best funny. Especially when you consider the origins of this forum and how its high user base was formed exactly because of how different it was run from FH. Tenpit would be looking down lhao at the idea i suspect :) .
Well, im looking down today. This is probably the first time i've ever come here since I left, and omg, i'm still remembered :D

Hi to everyone who knows me :)

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Ello stranger, not seen you round here before. Do you come here often?? (well that's a lie, just not for a v. long time - hope stuffs good).
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”