Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Radu
Emerald Rider

Post by Radu »

Well, i will be scared to play when will prydwen back up... what if they didnt solve the corruption problem and gona be lose things again ? ehh :/
Togusa the Mentalist

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

if GoA somehow manage to loose one of my hard earned artifacts on any of my mains whoose templates now are done that will completely end my daoc career tbh
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Arianwyn

Post by Arianwyn »

Bah couple more days and you will all have got over your withdrawal :)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Seems like he edited his post since I last quoted him. So here it is again only updated this time.

Q: Will we get compensated in free days?
A: I can't answer this question simply because (like the other what if questions) we haven't decided this. However I deem it quite likely and if we do it will be to accounts that were open when the server went down.

Surely, this can't be legal. If you renewed your account whilst the server was down, you would be entitled to the days that you couldn't play when your account was active, surely?

Fair enough, I can see the reasoning behind them not giving such players extra days for the time they were NOT subscribed, but they have to give them days in compensation for days they couldn't play on Pryd even though they could, I would think.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Gandelf wrote:Surely, this can't be legal. If you renewed your account whilst the server was down, you would be entitled to the days that you couldn't play when your account was active, surely?

Fair enough, I can see the reasoning behind them not giving such players extra days for the time they were NOT subscribed, but they have to give them days in compensation for days they couldn't play on Pryd even though they could, I would think.

if your account was closed that means you didnt want to play daoc so you didnt pay for an account. While we did pay for our account to play but werent able to cos of a problem. So IMO it wouldnt be fair to grant free subscription days to ppl that didnt even have their account open at the time.
But before somebody bites my nose off IF they do give free days to ppl that had their accounts open I feel sorry for those that planned to start playing again (or renew their account) while servers were down.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Luz wrote:if GoA somehow manage to loose one of my hard earned artifacts on any of my mains whoose templates now are done that will completely end my daoc career tbh
no it wont, like the GM said, IF they rollback its prolly gona be couple of hours. So dont panic just yet hunny ;) And you wont quit anyway, i'll hunt you down and you know i'll find you.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Gandelf wrote:Surely, this can't be legal. If you renewed your account whilst the server was down, you would be entitled to the days that you couldn't play when your account was active, surely?

Why?

At the time of renewing you would know that there was a problem with one of the servers, therefore you are fully aware of the situation, unlike those whose account were already active and had no choice about the lack of service when they renewed.

It also stops people renewing at that time just to get the free days.

khaymen
Emerald Rider

hmmm...there'd better be some sort of compensation

Post by khaymen »

aegnor wrote:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[25-08-2005] Investigation still pending on Prydwen

We are still working on fixing the bug on Prydwen but the source of the issue has not been identified yet. We are sorry but we cannot give you an ETA for the restart of the server. Rest assured that solving this problem is the priority of our teams and those of Mythic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's face it, Prydwen is gone for good. :(
i've heard rumours that the server will be shut for ever, and ever...if that's the case...i lose my first ever level 50...who happened to be kitted out in full aurulite armour...5 level 10 arties and about 20 plat in his pocket, now i know some people will have lost a hell of a lot more but...if the server disappearing is the case, i for one expect some serious compensation...i spoke to a CSR the other day and we were discussing if they were to roll back the server or not...when i asked about items/cash/levels that would be lost, he/she said...and i quote 'there will be NO compensation for loss of these items/cash/levels whatsoever, for a multitude of reasons...imo guys, i reckon the game is gonna lose a hell of a lot of players

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

khaymen wrote:i've heard rumours that the server will be shut for ever, and ever...if that's the case...i lose my first ever level 50...who happened to be kitted out in full aurulite armour...5 level 10 arties and about 20 plat in his pocket, now i know some people will have lost a hell of a lot more but...if the server disappearing is the case, i for one expect some serious compensation...i spoke to a CSR the other day and we were discussing if they were to roll back the server or not...when i asked about items/cash/levels that would be lost, he/she said...and i quote 'there will be NO compensation for loss of these items/cash/levels whatsoever, for a multitude of reasons...imo guys, i reckon the game is gonna lose a hell of a lot of players
If it was just that few items I wouldnt mind :P ive got abit more than that! lol :D
BUT thats not how it will end, Im 100% sure of it :) Imo you shouldnt mention rumours in this thread or else people might get upset if they start to belive them.

Facts > Rumors

Edit: I suggest you read Xalin's post at Freddy's House (which btw is quoted in this thread). Until then imo we should just wait and see.

/Ankh

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Ovi wrote:Why?

At the time of renewing you would know that there was a problem with one of the servers, therefore you are fully aware of the situation, unlike those whose account were already active and had no choice about the lack of service when they renewed.

It also stops people renewing at that time just to get the free days.

Nope, you're mistaking what I'm saying... if you pay for a 30 day subscription, you are entitled to 30 days, by law... even if you renew your account while Prydwen is down. Yes, I know you'll say that you could still play on another server, but what if you don't have any other characters on another server?

Also, what about those who renew who were not aware that Prydwen was down. Surely GOA must give the benefit of the doubt to the player?

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”