Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Think it's better buying parts and build your own comp, that way you get what you want, and it's less costy building it yourself ;D

Using an AMD 64 FX 3500+, 1gig Ram, Radeon X800 256, 2X200 GB HDD
and some other sh*t ;P

dunno why AMD really, stopped Using Intel After PII
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Radu
Emerald Rider

Post by Radu »

Well, i am using AMD 64 cause it is cheaper for the same power as intel, and 2nd reason it knows 64 bit commands, and my linux and xp64 both using up it, and they are somewhat faster.
Togusa the Mentalist

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

This discuss doesnt actually have much to do with Prydwen-down thread imo ;)

/ANkh

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Seems like he edited his post since I last quoted him. So here it is again only updated this time.

----------------------
Update:

You might have noticed that Prydwen is no longer on the server list.

This does NOT mean Prydwen got (or will be) deleted or something. It's just a precaution. We'll be bringing the server up for internal testing soon and we wouldn't want people to accidently connect to it while it's open.

Some Questions and Answers:

Q: How much does GOA depend on Mythic to fix this problem ?
A: I don't know exactly how much Mythic is doing and how much we are doing but I do know that we have been in very close and almost constant contact with Mythic since the beginning of this problem.

Q: Will we get compensated in free days?
A: I can't answer this question simply because (like the other what if questions) we haven't decided this. However I deem it quite likely and if we do it will be to accounts that were open when the server went down.

Q: Why are there no updates on your official site?
A: The simple truth is there isn't much "news" to report. Prydwen is down and hasn't come back up yet. Any information that is posted on our website is (rightfully) concidered official information from the company. And therefor we're "carefull" with what we post there. The updates I post here are "tidbits" of info I post as I gather them. Some things I said a couple of days ago turned out to be wrong or at least not completely true. That is fine since I was giving you info as it came available without triplechecking it. We won't post anything on the official website untill we're 100% sure about it. And so far we're not 100% sure about when Prydwen will be back up. When we are I can assure you it will be on the official website. But posting "Yep Prydwen is still down" is basicly all we could post on the website anyway.

However I do realise that even a "we have no news today but we're still working on it" post would go a long way and I promise I'll talk with the powers that be about this tomorrow.

Again I'd like to thank you for your patience and support. I expected to get a lot of "problematic" PM's when I asked you to send me your questions but most of your questions are very reasonable and justified. Keep sending them and I'll try to answer as many as possible in the next update.

We realise this is a very annoying situation and we realise that you are very frustrated by now. Trust us frustration is an emotion we are all very familiar with at the moment. Please remember that we are trying our best to solve this problem as quick and as good as possible.

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

a little bit info is better then nothing

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

omg just got back from a trip and saw all of this. I can see the consequences of rollback - how long is that going to be? I think if I lost an artifact from any of this I would just close my account and give it all up as a bad job.

:(

edit: I would understand others if they ended up doing the same thing.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Sharkith wrote:omg just got back from a trip and saw all of this. I can see the consequences of rollback - how long is that going to be? I think if I lost an artifact from any of this I would just close my account and give it all up as a bad job.

:(
well, according to the text it shouldnt be more than a couple of hours :)

/Ankh

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Doom Dooooom Dooooooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Ankh Morpork wrote:well, according to the text it shouldnt be more than a couple of hours :)

/Ankh
Phew. Thats ok then I probably wasn't even online. Lets hope it get fixed soon!
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Sharkith wrote:Phew. Thats ok then I probably wasn't even online. Lets hope it get fixed soon!
Aye, you and me both hope that :) and the rest of prydwens population :D

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”