Prydwen-down (discussion thread NO FLAMES)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

pikeh wrote:Well - you dont have any basis for your so called "argument". The opinion you have stated is your own and is not fact based. Ive met just as many weird english people (if not more) in real life, than i have americans (just stayed there for a month so i got to know some of the locals pretty well). In game as well - there are some pretty strange EU players out there.

The time zone difference was a problem you knew about (unless your really dumb) before you started playing US servers, so you cant blame that on poor service or whatever.
There is no "so-called argument". Stating "IMO" 3 times should be enough to make clear that what is quoted is my opinion & not fact-based. When I started there were ONLY US servers & no Euro servers so not really much DAoC choice at that time :P

Back to the Euro-time population thingy - There were 16 US servers, not counting Pendragon, Gaheris, the PvE servers, or the new classic servers, of which only Merlin, Lancelot, Guinevere, and Percival ever had any really appreciable Euro population (OK maybe Morgan too :P). Looking at their populations at this very second only those 4 of the original 16 have more than 250 people online, & that's European peak-time not daytime! 7 of the rest don't even get anywhere near 200.

If anyone wants to try the US servers then go ahead & form your own opinions, maybe they're just what you're looking for :)
There are nice people there & jerks just like anywhere else.
I've been there & I've been here & here is where I'm staying for the personal reasons stated :)
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

OohhoO wrote:There is no "so-called argument". Stating "IMO" 3 times should be enough to make clear that what is quoted is my opinion & not fact-based. When I started there were ONLY US servers & no Euro servers so not really much DAoC choice at that time :P

Back to the Euro-time population thingy - There were 16 US servers, not counting Pendragon, Gaheris, the PvE servers, or the new classic servers, of which only Merlin, Lancelot, Guinevere, and Percival ever had any really appreciable Euro population (OK maybe Morgan too :P). Looking at their populations at this very second only those 4 of the original 16 have more than 250 people online, & that's European peak-time not daytime! 7 of the rest don't even get anywhere near 200.

If anyone wants to try the US servers then go ahead & form your own opinions, maybe they're just what you're looking for :)
There are nice people there & jerks just like anywhere else.
I've been there & I've been here & here is where I'm staying for the personal reasons stated :)
Erm, you do know that most of those servers are clustered now right :p ? So although that leaves less individual places to play overall, the population of each cluster is still very healthy and there's still enough clusters to play every realm.

Jupiler - that's off-peak, the least popular server type in the game and it STILL has more than 1 level 50 online, /who 50 there right now shows 87, so even if that was the server that OohhoO played then his figures are still miles off. Not to mention he mentioned he was supposedly a Hib on whatever server he played (funny how he wont tell us which supposedly only has 1 lvl50 player on offpeak), therefore if he was specifically checking Hib /who wouldn't show just hibs for him as the realms are entirely shared on Gaheris.

Jupi, wtf you on about? I own a Dell and still largely recommend them if you want a decent machine, just not if you want any kind of tech support be it hardware repairs or software :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Cyfr
Emerald Rider

Post by Cyfr »

I have something to say, listen carefully for I shall say this only once.

Dump Prydwen and play Lamorak.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Cyfr wrote:I have something to say, listen carefully for I shall say this only once.

Dump Prydwen and play Lamorak.
You play Lamorak?

/Ankh

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Don't get me wrong.
I'm not defending GOA.
It was GOAs handling of the Euro-Beta which originally persuaded me to stick with my US accounts i/o moving to the Euro servers, and I did OK on US low-pop servers until ToA made it necessary to have a certain level of realm-population to get MLs/artes to remain competetive in RvR, by which time I had so many L50s etc that I didnt want to abandon it all until most of my friends had quit due to ToA.
Eventually I decided to come here & I havn't regretted it & I ain't going back.
Your mileage may vary.

Despite our differences I'm sure we can all agree that the current Prydwen situation is infuriatingly frustrating, not least due to the uncertainty :(
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

this is getting stupid :(
i dont think theyre on holiday but i would prefer an update to them not saying a word so it LOOKS like their on holiday...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Well thats something atleast, not the best news you could get like it will be up in XX hours or so, but still some info, very nice ;D
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

so its gonna be up tomorrow??

and <<hugs ankh>> thank you :) you just made me less angry now with that info :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Xest wrote: Jupi, wtf you on about? I own a Dell and still largely recommend them if you want a decent machine, just not if you want any kind of tech support be it hardware repairs or software :p
i have a dell as well, just some of me guildies h8 em, so i was just giving GOA some advice
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Radu
Emerald Rider

Post by Radu »

I had best experiences with ALR, and with the old Compaq, today's compaq (aka HP) are next to shit.
However, best to choose your own configuration (for example i prefer high-end asus motherboards, etc), imo :)
Togusa the Mentalist

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”