People dont use forums :(

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gahn

Post by Gahn »

May want to read this thread also, post from Nadine hit the nail in the head.
http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthre ... 23&page=19
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Genedril wrote:DAoC has always lacked influx as it had next to no publicity. I found out about it from someone who said it looked cool before it was released & I've never seen it advertised anywhere. Strangely enough the person who told me about it never played it & got a RL instead....
True - people have been saying DAoC will die due to lack of new players since before the release of SI.

& ofc everyone will leave for AO, AC, UO2, SWG, CoH, GW, Lineage, D&DO, EQ2, WoW, Warhammer ... did I forget any? Zzzzzzzzzz

RL has been nerfed into uselessness too :p
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Gahn wrote:May want to read this thread also, post from Nadine hit the nail in the head.
http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=202723&page=19

Catch 22 - Older players have no one to group with when they roll an alt & can pl so they do.

New players come along & find everyone & his dog in a pl group & have no one to group with. Most leave.

Return to the begining & start again.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gahn wrote:May want to read this thread also, post from Nadine hit the nail in the head.
http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthre ... 23&page=19
hmm
like your hint

never heard of the tinder box thing

is that in a recent patch or something?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Banana wrote:hmm
like your hint

never heard of the tinder box thing

is that in a recent patch or something?
1.84 afaik ^^
Or was it in 1.83? :p
Na Fianna Dragun

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Gahn wrote:Now take your time and read comments on my post about 14 days trial here:
http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... php?t=5992

And realize that this game is ALREADY dead ^^
We are just trying to keep it alive artificially sadly :P
Word to your mother!! Get on US DAoC and see if your view changes. My guild has lowbie groups galore, Muire tomb a go-go. There's new blood if you look for it, and TD's if you CBA

Get on the free trial, roll on the Caerleon cluster or something. Do a /who hoon if you roll on Caerleon and i'll roll a new alt and race you to 50 :¬þ

Mythic DAoC will tide me over till Warhammer but, as said above, the game is essentially dead, even in the US. It's just the Euro version died a little earlier and rot has set in already. I know it's hard to re-roll when you've got hundreds on nice items, templated toons, mucho plat in the bank etc, but what's really holding you here anyway? A 2 server cluster with nobody playing on it. EU Hoonius was 50 in about 37 days played, US was a mere 17 and that was with no Power Font

/woot baby

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Hoonius wrote:Word to your mother!! Get on US DAoC and see if your view changes. My guild has lowbie groups galore, Muire tomb a go-go. There's new blood if you look for it, and TD's if you CBA

Get on the free trial, roll on the Caerleon cluster or something. Do a /who hoon if you roll on Caerleon and i'll roll a new alt and race you to 50 :¬þ

Mythic DAoC will tide me over till Warhammer but, as said above, the game is essentially dead, even in the US. It's just the Euro version died a little earlier and rot has set in already. I know it's hard to re-roll when you've got hundreds on nice items, templated toons, mucho plat in the bank etc, but what's really holding you here anyway? A 2 server cluster with nobody playing on it. EU Hoonius was 50 in about 37 days played, US was a mere 17 and that was with no Power Font

/woot baby
Tbh am still having fun in here and i will have it till WAR is out, what peeps don't get is that we are down to 1k at prime time when things are good, peeps retiring cause of Uni, Rl, boredom etc and so numbers will drop even more, when WAR comes out it will be game over in little to no time.
Na Fianna Dragun

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Agree with Hoonius that US still has a "survivable" population but it is just that - survivable, it's really not ideal and part the reason I don't play anymore (coupled with studying for another degree, and XBox 360 though so not having quite as much time as I used to), I can only imagine what it must be like on Prydwen, or even on the smallest US cluster tbh.

I think in general DAoC is dying a slow death, it's a shame really as there was many good times had by all I'm sure but all games have their day. It'll probably remain roughly static now in terms of population on most servers until WAR as the people left are the hardcore.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I hope to see atleast some of you in Warhammer :)

/Ankh

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Warhammer is already dead before release ;p (looks a bag of shi*e to meh xD)

hf on that nQQb game =)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”