Cross realming

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Lairiodd wrote:GM forum - one (or 2) members of each alliance is set as group leader and also one person to represent independent guilds
Access is only to be granted to GM/officer level players.
This requires an in-game confirm. (confirm the prydwen.net account matches the game account and also that the person is in fact a GM

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I think it should be a GM only forum. I feel that officers should be excluded, because it is still possible (although less likely) that some of them might be cross-realmers. If GMs are only allowed to view this forum, that would be sufficient because then every guild will have someone to pass on information regarding raids etc.
I think that if you want more people from each guild to be able to view a "GM only" forum, then it's down to GMs to consider promoting someone they trust completely to joint-GM status. If a GM can't promote an officer they trust to joint-GM status, then it only proves the point that there could be some officers who are cross-realmers.

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Gandelf wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I think it should be a GM only forum. I feel that officers should be excluded, because it is still possible (although less likely) that some of them might be cross-realmers. If GMs are only allowed to view this forum, that would be sufficient because then every guild will have someone to pass on information regarding raids etc.
I think that if you want more people from each guild to be able to view a "GM only" forum, then it's down to GMs to consider promoting someone they trust completely to joint-GM status. If a GM can't promote an officer they trust to joint-GM status, then it only proves the point that there could be some officers who are cross-realmers.
Who says GM's can't be x-realmers?
Yes would be very sad, but possible, that's why we'll never be able to do anything about it.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I see where you're coming from and I kinda agree. Tho you can never be sure that GM's dont crossrealm, for all you know I might do it and keep it to myself. :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Sadly some guilds are so fractured atm that we have people who keep the name alive but have no active GM - that could make things a little difficult.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Belisar wrote:Sadly some guilds are so fractured atm that we have people who keep the name alive but have no active GM - that could make things a little difficult.
thats also very true ... but then again its upto the big guilds to involve the little guilds in their events. Atleast thats how I see it.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Satyn wrote:thats also very true ... but then again its upto the big guilds to involve the little guilds in their events. Atleast thats how I see it.
Ok then sort something out quickly I need a rest from the game. If you all bear with me I would like to run my own RvR raid in just over a week from now. After a rest it will be time for payback. I never thought druiding in constant sieges would be so tough. I promise you next time it will be different.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Sharkith wrote:Ok then sort something out quickly I need a rest from the game. If you all bear with me I would like to run my own RvR raid in just over a week from now. After a rest it will be time for payback. I never thought druiding in constant sieges would be so tough. I promise you next time it will be different.

Sharkith
understand your frustration hunny, i dont know why i'm logging in myself lately, think its just cos its a bad habit.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Gandelf wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I think it should be a GM only forum. I feel that officers should be excluded, because it is still possible (although less likely) that some of them might be cross-realmers. If GMs are only allowed to view this forum, that would be sufficient because then every guild will have someone to pass on information regarding raids etc.
Only problem is - as has been pointed out- there's a lot of guilds that have more than one home now. On top of that you're trying to dictate to a guild who should or should not be a GM - Guild structure may be based on something completely different to 'I trust them, therefore they can be GM'.

There's just one other thing I'd like to point out: 'McCarthy' style witch hunts for cross-realmers are going to hurt realm spirit almost as much as the people you so want to catch. It's a lose-lose situation where people stop trusting each other & just start finger pointing (& we've already had enough of that with the whole fg vs non-fg people).

We need to pull together & if you want to organise something then let people you trust know on the provisio that if they want to bring people then they can't know what it is they're turning up for. Means you need to work out who you trust though.

Option number 2 is to say you're going to perform a RR every day for the next year & only make half hearted attempts at it - watch people log on to defend & then when they're so damn bored get those people you do trust & do it properly.

On the brightside I had great fun on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. Couldn't make Friday due to RL & it seems it missed nothing but pain. Tonight was, quite frankly, god awful. Rumour has it that there was only 1 reasonably 'opted' (4 naturalists/4 dmg dealers) FG out on Friday, is this true?? What was everyone else up to?
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Genedril wrote:Tonight was, quite frankly, god awful.
Getting ganked by an alb zerg containing RR10 peeps continuously was not fun. I did laugh when 2 fg's of hibbies teamed up to kill anything that moved, revenge was sweet. The sad part is that we are forced to play that way to compete.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Genedril wrote:On the brightside I had great fun on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. Couldn't make Friday due to RL & it seems it missed nothing but pain. Tonight was, quite frankly, god awful. Rumour has it that there was only 1 reasonably 'opted' (4 naturalists/4 dmg dealers) FG out on Friday, is this true?? What was everyone else up to?
This last point is one that might be much more important for us if we are going to do something about this. To what extent as a realm can we start to consider tightening up and learning to try and turn out semi opted groups in our BG's?

To what extent to we all run FOTM characters and say fuck everyone else?

How many people would be prepared to considering going through a bit of organization in order to ensiure the hibby BG doesn't fall over at the sight of a sorc?

We all need to think very carefully about this and yes Paul I agree 100% forget the x-realmer and look more closely - the writing is there to see we where shit and we should face the truth as well. Xrealming did not help us of course but we were bascially crap and that has to change.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”