Irc

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Sharkith wrote:Hi Quin I have it installed but having a nightmare getting it to connect, its probably the firewall settings but the help file gives very little info. I have a router that I connect through for my internet connection could it be that?
Shark,

Do you even get it to connect and if not what error do you get. You can see the error by right clicking the little IRC circle and then selecting show status window. Post this here and might get alot further.

In the mean time you might want to check if the following ports are open on your router (i assume your router is a firewall as well). The "standard" is 6667, but other common ones are 6665, 6666, and 7000. You can set the port when you're setting up the connection (right click irc icon and select manage my connections..there you see the port selected).
finland:
holland:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Hi Quin ty for getting back - it looks very good as a program the error code I am getting is error code: 11001.

It could well be a port issue I have proxy setting unchecked just now because it doesn't tell me anywhere just what sort of info they are looking for in there. I can usually sort this kind of thing out but in this case the info seems quite hard to find - i.e. they assume you know a good bit before you use their programme.

It has a nifty transparency thing going on as well :D
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

This one deserves some attention I think.

#pug.daoc @ quakenet

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=196344

Basicly a channel for LFG for non GG or RvR-guild people.
The idea is nice.
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Sharkith wrote:Hi Quin ty for getting back - it looks very good as a program the error code I am getting is error code: 11001.

It could well be a port issue I have proxy setting unchecked just now because it doesn't tell me anywhere just what sort of info they are looking for in there. I can usually sort this kind of thing out but in this case the info seems quite hard to find - i.e. they assume you know a good bit before you use their programme.

It has a nifty transparency thing going on as well :D
if you do a google for 'Trillian error 11001' the first result you get is a thread on the celerian studios homepage. They are the creators of the program and it should give you some good insights. Or so i hope since that site is blocked from by this customers firewall :)
finland:
holland:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

rofl its funny how google finds answers quicker than their own search engine - I hope! Will report back later.
Na Fianna Dragun

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

I got it sorted now thanks - the point is to use the list and select the UK quakenet server from the list. After that it worked fine - just had to join the channels you guys indicated here. Very nice interface Quin ty.
Na Fianna Dragun

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”