RvR atm

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
charmangl3
Emerald Rider

Seems to be right on the money here...

Post by charmangl3 »

Merino wrote:Mids and Albs are busy opening beachheads into the other realm, so the casuals can have what people like to deride as iRvR. Hib however seems to consist of the lucky Haves (wanted classes that run in organized FGs) and Have nots (unwanted classes, badly templated toons, casual gamers who cannot commit to regular RvR) and soloers. The soloers usually hang around bridges, the Have nots do PvE or play a toon in Mid/Alb so they can surf the zerg, the Haves run around in the enemy zones ganking soloers around the bridges, hitting the enemy zergs, or head to Agromon yelling at everyone else “Don’t add you *ç%&!!”
The hopes set in the patch 1.82 to finally bring the massive battles advertised on the original game box have not materialized, Hib is more fractionized than ever. No enemy realm dares take one of our keeps due to the Bainshee/Animist defenders, so they just leave us out of the massive fights.
It seems there is lots of Haves and the Have nots seem to have moved somewhere else, therefore no organized Hib RvR raids are happening atm. Alex tried Monday night, but the few Hibs were rolled by the alb zerg.
Luckily DF is bugged, so at least we PUGs can have a go there. Let’s see how long it holds. From my POV RvR is not too much fun, the 8vs1-8 crowd will tell you something different. Judge for yourself which kind of RvR you like and if the current situation benefits your style.

Merino/Yeyi
I think you hit the right on the money here...Im new to hib and just getting my first rvr char in the vincinity to beeing done. But Ive tried to run out abit solo between lvl 40-50. Doing this for some leech rps works nicely and is great fun in alb/mid, problem is there isnt any easily located serging in hib. We saw some nice casualplayer style fighting when we had 3 way action at DC (mids in Crim and albs in hurb) a couple of weeks ago.

The main problem is that the defencive capabilities of hibs will just make mids and albs stay out of hib. So we will have to be the ones taking initiative to get some action. Which seems hard when most casual players dont even check the /rw map anymore.

But if we seriously want to create some fun action in hib, we might wanna consider lowering lvl on Crim or Hurb. That way we might get some sieges there. (But Id personally prefere to get iRvR from Berk:)

/Finculin

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

charmangl3 wrote: But if we seriously want to create some fun action in hib, we might wanna consider lowering lvl on Crim or Hurb. That way we might get some sieges there. (But Id personally prefere to get iRvR from Berk:)

Hurb? Do we control Hurb?

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

i personally prefer to keep them away from our frontier.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

charmangl3
Emerald Rider

Bah...been fighting albs to much!:)

Post by charmangl3 »

Sharkith wrote:Hurb? Do we control Hurb?
Mean Bolg ofc!:)

/Finculin

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Aran_Thule wrote:i personally prefer to keep them away from our frontier.

True, still hibs will never get a keep anywhere if keeping up the very sucky attempts of takeing a keep, it's horrible to see how badly organized the keep take attempts are.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Elrandhir wrote:True, still hibs will never get a keep anywhere if keeping up the very sucky attempts of takeing a keep, it's horrible to see how badly organized the keep take attempts are.
But who'd want to lead a BG these days with some many backseat drivers & people flaming & reckoning they could do it better? Maybe if people actually did as they were asked or just left the BG without being so damn rude more people would be happy to lead a keep take properly.

On top of that a lot of people don't actually think iRvR is that great, & they don't want it in their backyard. Meaning that if you take a keep in Mid (or try) they show up in numbers. If you do it in alb they seem to take it back at some ungodly hour of the morning.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Genedril wrote:But who'd want to lead a BG these days with some many backseat drivers & people flaming & reckoning they could do it better? Maybe if people actually did as they were asked or just left the BG without being so damn rude more people would be happy to lead a keep take properly.

On top of that a lot of people don't actually think iRvR is that great, & they don't want it in their backyard. Meaning that if you take a keep in Mid (or try) they show up in numbers. If you do it in alb they seem to take it back at some ungodly hour of the morning.

True, people either don't want it or lazy to help out when keeptakes happen.

I think the keeptakes would have been successful if people have been atleast abit prepared and able to move somewhat fast when takeing the keeps, ofcourse you wont be able to take one if it takes ages for you to do so.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Well people need to:

a. Be prepared to help.
b. Have siege.
c. Do as they're told.
d. Either listen to the bg leader or have the good grace to leave the /bg.
e. Function as a unit.
f. (possibly most importantly) Have a guild that's prepared to claim the towers & keep.

Watching the disarray in something as simple as most ml /bg's then is this a likely thing? Your best bet is to hope to tag along on some alliances tower/keep take. Then again how many alliances/guilds are actually pro-iRvR & would like to set it up?

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Genedril wrote:Well people need to:

a. Be prepared to help.
b. Have siege.
c. Do as they're told.
d. Either listen to the bg leader or have the good grace to leave the /bg.
e. Function as a unit.
f. (possibly most importantly) Have a guild that's prepared to claim the towers & keep.

Watching the disarray in something as simple as most ml /bg's then is this a likely thing? Your best bet is to hope to tag along on some alliances tower/keep take. Then again how many alliances/guilds are actually pro-iRvR & would like to set it up?

a, b and f is enough if you have enough peeps, sure the other helps, but it's just one keep.

if you move fast it's just zerg, but it's because everything goes to slow we don't make it tbh.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

That's where I'd disagree :(. I'd say people don't make it cause 90% of the time they don't do what's asked of them & run off & stuff, they spend more time arguing in the /bg than doing anything constructive & because of that they don't function as a unit.

Add tot that that if c, d, & e isn't being done - who on this fair earth would lead that /bg?? Someone with the patience of a saint. Even poor Aran seems to have run out of that (& I can't say I blame him).

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”