General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

Banana wrote:umm
no

the encounter isnt sposed to be pet pulled
none of them are
thats what he means by abusing the encounter.
It does bite as it makes doing the encounter harder BUT its not how the encounter was wrote.
So always a chance for it to bug out.

/edit

or maybe the encounter can be pet pulled using the above technique as you said.
That sounds more feasable.
But would explain why its classed as abuse if you are sposed to kill the tritons and not let them depop?
Bug abusing with a pet? WTF :P

You can also be banned for using a CT in PVE aswell? Stupid rule ever, it's an ability to help you kill something. soon tanks won't be able to use there weapons in rvr or might get permanetly banned :o
Albion/Excalibur

Adalyn - Eagle Knight - ML10

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

Fishyflaps - Grove Protector - Ml3

<Marsh Horde>

:treeee:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

try the way he suggested.

kill the triton aeres.
If still no repop then ask again. Just make sure you dont try after a confirmed bug out :)

and i wont close the thread. :) never had the intention to do so :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

Banana wrote:try the way he suggested.

kill the triton aeres.
If still no repop then ask again. Just make sure you dont try after a confirmed bug out :)

and i wont close the thread. :) never had the intention to do so :)

How am i to try the way he suggested if it's bug abusing to kill things with the pet you are given when you start the game? :P

Focus shield was made for a reason, not just to use it for the nice colours
Albion/Excalibur

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

<Marsh Horde>

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Adalyn wrote:Bug abusing with a pet? WTF :P

You can also be banned for using a CT in PVE aswell? Stupid rule ever, it's an ability to help you kill something. soon tanks won't be able to use there weapons in rvr or might get permanetly banned :o
It's not about pet pulling and you know it. None of the times that I watched you did you pull with a pet. Each time you went in body pulled the mob and dragged him out of his tether range a couple of times until he despawned. I cannot believe that you felt that was a legitimate and intended way to complete the encounter.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Adalyn wrote:Bug abusing with a pet? WTF :P

whyd you think they changed fop to work only in downtime in PVE.
Cuz peeps abused their pets to kill encounters (animists but im sure chanters did also)
Also a few of the encounters have been changed due to bug abuse with a pet.

Like i said. i hadnt read it right and i now realise what you said was correct. Its not the pet killing that was bugging but maybe the trition aeres being left to despawn that was killing it out :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

Requiel wrote:It's not about pet pulling and you know it. None of the times that I watched you did you pull with a pet. Each time you went in body pulled the mob and dragged him out of his tether range a couple of times until he despawned. I cannot believe that you felt that was a legitimate and intended way to complete the encounter.

Hmm, i didn't pull any mob out of teather range of the encounter. I ran in, open a chest, i die to the DD thing it does when wrong chest and a Triton Acaeus spawns. I ress with druid, run in with enchanter and die to the Triton Acaeus (the mob then despawns back into its chest). I then ress up again and do next chest, and so on till i find the correct mob. i didn't move any mob out of teather range at all.
Albion/Excalibur

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

<Marsh Horde>

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

focus was never ment to be so overpowered.
Hence the recent 'mild' chanter nerfs such as the pet loosing agro quicker and healers drawing agro quicker.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

Well canot win vs a GM, if you say i did pull to teather then pretty much everyone will beleive you that i somehow pulled a Triton Acaeus to its teather for it to despawn. funny thing is, that mob doesn't have a teather, and you gotta die on it for it to despawn.
Albion/Excalibur

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

<Marsh Horde>

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Adalyn wrote:Well canot win vs a GM, if you say i did pull to teather then pretty much everyone will beleive you that i somehow pulled a Triton Acaeus to its teather for it to despawn. funny thing is, that mob doesn't have a teather, and you gotta die on it for it to despawn.
I watched you do it. You ran in, died, got rezzed by your bot way up in the ceiling. Came back down and pulled it back up, died again, rezzed again, up a bit further and it despawns every time. You honestly believe that's a valid way to do the encounter?

And you still haven't answered why you crashed both your clients as soon as I popped out of invisible mode? You didn't /quit and you didn't simply LD, you killed both clients within three seconds of me appearing next to you.

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

Don't argue with a gm, as far as i can see it from what both of you are saying it looks like you are trying to exploit...
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”