RP's for PvE

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Reading the notes further you can only get a new mission after a set time period, that means there is a throttle on the maximum potential rps you can gain from these missions at least so Mythic can finely tune how many rps a player can possibly gain from missions.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

The question is, how much rp will we get from the mission?

/Ankh

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Just hope they don't apply keep/tower takes/defences ratio, but u know Mythic :D
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ankh Morpork wrote:The question is, how much rp will we get from the mission?

/Ankh
I doubt even Mythic know yet, it's something they'll probably tune on Pendragon a fair bit. Like I say there's a timer on missions so they'll probably work out the maximum possible to throttle it sensibly, i.e. make sure it takes a year to gain RR10 playing missions non-stop without any sleep for that year or something.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Xest wrote:I doubt even Mythic know yet, it's something they'll probably tune on Pendragon a fair bit. Like I say there's a timer on missions so they'll probably work out the maximum possible to throttle it sensibly, i.e. make sure it takes a year to gain RR10 playing missions non-stop without any sleep for that year or something.
Yeah, proberbly. Personally I like the idea of RvR mission, it will give us even more reasons to go rvr ]/Ankh[/B]

Killder
Emerald Rider

Post by Killder »

Ankh Morpork wrote:The question is, how much rp will we get from the mission?

/Ankh
Something on VNBoards about 250-350 RP's on Pendragon

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Killder wrote:Something on VNBoards about 250-350 RP's on Pendragon
Tbh that doesnt really sound worth it :P

/Ankh

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Xest wrote:That's why it's an RvR mission not a PvE mission...

Instanced RvR offered no rewards in the proposal on the poll, no rps or anything, also it was proposed to be 8 vs 8 only including no buffbots, that means that by default Hib is going to win followed closely by Mids. Vampiirs would have an absolutely massive advantage, as would 2 druids, 1 bard, 1 warden providing tons of buffs to go around. Basically it just sounded pointless - unbalanced, no reward, lacking in depth. I'd have been more tempted by instanced RvR if it at least offered a 1 vs 1 option because I love 1 vs 1 but unbalanced 8vs8 without buffs, no thanks, not when I can run into the frontier and get a better balanced 8vs8 fight with rewards within about 30secs of running into the frontier.

... other stuff
Of course as they polled a general idea on rvr missions (i don't recall but maybe i'm wrong that they ever said that missions would be single, group or realm, nor they gone in deep describing how they would have implemented it) so they polled a general idea on iRvR, nothing points in direction that they wouldn't implemented a 1 vs 1 Arena fg vs fg or multiple fgs even.
iRvR from my point of view would have given more fast pace action for soloers and high end rvr groups (where your "Alb can't compete in fg vs fg" point stands little no no truth as several Alb Pryd groups already showed in past) which actually got little point to farm rps and more willing of having a balanced, real fg action and leaving Realm Action to the more "random" population. This kind of approach would have dealt with both ways of playing this game, alas RvR Missions don't address problems of higher rr groups as i see it.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Maeloch wrote:RPs for PvE-type stuff is a new concept, I hope they don't overdo the rewards either.

It's not that new - its been on the Gaheris co-operative server for some time where RvR and PvP doesn't exist.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gahn wrote:Of course as they polled a general idea on rvr missions (i don't recall but maybe i'm wrong that they ever said that missions would be single, group or realm, nor they gone in deep describing how they would have implemented it) so they polled a general idea on iRvR, nothing points in direction that they wouldn't implemented a 1 vs 1 Arena fg vs fg or multiple fgs even.
iRvR from my point of view would have given more fast pace action for soloers and high end rvr groups (where your "Alb can't compete in fg vs fg" point stands little no no truth as several Alb Pryd groups already showed in past) which actually got little point to farm rps and more willing of having a balanced, real fg action and leaving Realm Action to the more "random" population. This kind of approach would have dealt with both ways of playing this game, alas RvR Missions don't address problems of higher rr groups as i see it.
You're wrong, the poll specifically stated 8 vs 8 only and no reward whatsoever for iRvR, vs. missions being specifically stated as offering reward and such. The poll itself made iRvR sound a far less attractive option so it's pretty easy to see why iRvR wasn't voted for - it just didn't sound very interesting.

The poll itself actually came up right after you login and contained a description of each system, it wasn't simple a cast of
Do you want:
1) Instanced RvR
2) RvR missions
Or anything that basic, each system was outlined pretty well.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”