Parry question...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:OK, disregarding Champion weapons.
Why? Euro should have DR fairly soon and they're by far the best weapons on classic, no drop or crafted weapon comes close due to the +damage and +style damage bonuses as well as ToA style procs/charges.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

My champion is LW and 6 parry and i parry a lot in a fight .. + there is a 3 style combo lw can do and it HURTS :) - oh and the if some 1 block i can smash them and if they parry i can counter-attack it too , i love it .. only 39 though so will see when 50 the parry isl ike in RvR .. however on mid so it will be a while ...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
To sum up parry is good PvE not great with bb fag tankers BUT block is supposedly better , as u can't block arrows with parry afaik .. except VW lovely style block/parry technique .. so best thing is just put some 1 shield just to stop scouts hunters pinging sticks at u :) ..btw albs and mids DON't do this as my ranger requires target practice ;)
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Full 2h + parry should be quite nice for solo, both xping and RvR?
Mael, 50th ment.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Xest wrote:Why? Euro should have DR fairly soon and they're by far the best weapons on classic, no drop or crafted weapon comes close due to the +damage and +style damage bonuses as well as ToA style procs/charges.

Well, firstly, it may take a while for a casual player like myself to get around to actually acquiring a champion weapon. So, until then I need to know what the next best thing is.

Obviously, ToA items aren't available on Glastonbury.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

champ items are DR not toa.

afaik the 1st champ level and 1st champ weapon can be soloed/duoed. over that and could need a group :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Yep, you can solo all the way to the first champ weapon easy enough and don't need a bot either because all the stuff that has anything remotely hard to kill is instanced so having a bot along just increases mob levels.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Xest wrote:Yep, you can solo all the way to the first champ weapon easy enough and don't need a bot either because all the stuff that has anything remotely hard to kill is instanced so having a bot along just increases mob levels.

True I guess Xest, but having a bot giving you buffers + heals could probably be worth the higher mobs ;D

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Elrandhir"]True I guess Xest, but having a bot giving you buffers + heals could probably be worth the higher mobs ]
Well the only real hard mob is the last one on chapter 2, basically he has a ton of vamp abilities such as end drain and a sick HoT and for a low DPS char like a minstrel the buffs didn't help more than the level increase of the mob, when I went back in solo and just used charges (available from regular drops in the dungeon on the way to the boss) for str/const etc. it was really easy. It's not so bad if you have a caster because you can dump every bit of mana into nukes to take him out just about but for melee it's much better solo.

Balu
Emerald Rider

Post by Balu »

Gandelf wrote:I'm thinking of Parry from the point of view of a Midgard Berserker.
He can't train in shield skill, and although he can use small shields, there is no point because Berserkers dual wield with Left Axe, which is their most important skill of all. Giving up Left Axe to carry a shield is totally stupid.

Berserkers get 2xlevel skill points to train with. So, there is a lot of scope. 50 Left Axe is a must. After that it's down to choice, although I've read on the boards the following:-

I've also read up on the "Wyrd Spec" and I've come across the following spec a lot:

50 Left Axe
42 Parry
39 Axe

But if high Parry is undesirable, then is it a good spec?

The thought that occurs to me, is that if it's pointless for a Berserker to use a shield and he only wears studded armour, then the only forms of defence available are weaponskill and Parry. So if Left Axe is at 50, then the next important skill must be high Parry?
wtf is that? :eek:
there is only 1 zerker spec which is 50 (insert main melee weap skill) 50 LA rest parry
Balu of the Jungle

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

The spec he mentions:

50 LA
39 Main
42 Parry

is one of the most used ones it seems, dps is calculated from LA since as serker u dont use any other styles than LA.

The parry in RvR save a little power for the healer ;)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”