Plea for Sanity

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Cryn wrote:I always seem to be commenting on mod issues, but I really wanted to ask something here. Do you really think it is within the remit of a mod to determine when a discussion has become complete?
I could write alot off explanation about it. But it comes down too:

Yep i do.
finland:
holland:

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

Gahn wrote:Sry Quin but this time i must say it, take it or not: poor modding by u.
Instead of trying to understand y a strange behaviour happens on Prydwen from most of the community, u try to slag the community about FH style posting.
Well actually the most of the community is not correct here. Sure we all suffered from the lag and crash but it are a few people who keep on whining over and over again so don't make it sound as if the whole prydwen community was posting in these threads. If you look at FH you will find a similarity there that we should prevent from happening. In my opinion (and opinions do differ) it was a good thing to do (locking the thread) as well as bringing some order in the threads by merging them. There is no use having 20 threads about 1 topic or?
So job well done Quin; keep up the good work :xest:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

I would tend to agree that locking it was a good idea - it was like beating a dead duck with a fish in the end.

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

Sharkith mate if you get enough people together willing to move make sure you post it so all the people willing to move can join in. (I have a US account that is non-active so I probably reopen it)
:OohhoO:

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Sharkith wrote:I would tend to agree that locking it was a good idea - it was like beating a dead duck with a fish in the end.
Agreed, the duck was not only dead, but decomposing.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

the fish was midly ok though <I ate it afterwords> ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

[quote="Sharkith"]the fish was midly ok though <I ate it afterwords> ]

Bet you didn't cook it first either. <feels faintly sick>

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Cook? <looks horrified>
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Quinlan wrote:You mean with the current lag problems?
Ye ofc.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Cryn wrote:I always seem to be commenting on mod issues, but I really wanted to ask something here. Do you really think it is within the remit of a mod to determine when a discussion has become complete?

I would have thought that if everything had been said in a discussion, the thread will sink on its own and that locking of threads was more to do with flames, etc.

I agree that in the 20 page thread I would think all the points had been covered. In fact, I was surprised people contributed to it after the first few pages. However, even if all the points in a discussion have been covered (which is always a matter of opinion) people may well want to contribute to either support or dispute one or more of those points. That's what discussion is about. If they are doing so in a way that is non-inflammatory and not offensive, I can't understand what the grounds for locking the thread is.
Agree completely, either u close a thread cause it's getting outta hand or there's no real reason to close one (unless duplicated etc..).
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”